General Dark Souls

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I’m playing Dark Souls II right now. It’s not as good as the original, but good enough to make me excited for Dark Souls II II. Yeah, ymfah’s video on Elden Ring got me hyped.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I finally beat Smelter Demon in Dark Souls II after well over a hundred attempts, some of those failed attempts coming from being glitched into the wall.
Why is III everyone’s favorite punching bag now while this game has been getting more slack? Is it III’s reduced difficulty? Because this game’s “challenge” has only given me trouble through awful controls (don’t you dare get me started on the jumping in this game), awful balance (a mage can one-shot me with a fireball from afar but a knight needs three to four hits to kill me with a magic sword up close, sure), and awful glitches (not just like the aforementioned, you have no idea how sick I’ve gotten with the broken hitboxes and tracking, seeing a night-and-day difference in difficulty when I fought SD without targeting him, RIDICULOUS).
Give me an easier game that at least has mostly good design than a game where its flaws make it harder than it should be ANY DAY, this game doesn’t hold up to Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls 1, Bloodborne, or even something like Nioh (YES, I SAID THAT).
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@QuasarNova
This poll is a killer too.
Like, WUT. Are you serious? Two reasons why Bloodborne is nowhere near the most difficult Soulsborne game. Reason 1, 20 healing items. Reason 2, most accessible crowd control. I never even came close to running out of blood vials, most I ever used was nine on the FINAL BOSS, and every STARTER WEAPON gives you a way of stopping enemies from ganging up on you.
I have no clue how it towered over everything else while the game that’s most notably artificially harder due to glitches and poor design was in last place. I have to know how the people who voted are playing these games. Are you using mods? Be honest. <_<
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Meanlucario
I did read some dissenting, highly upvoted comments that don’t agree with Bloodborne at #1, but I also saw some people shockingly commenting with a decent amount of agreement about Demon’s Souls being the hardest.
…Don’t think I need to explain why that one is very much not.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
I remember on ZeroLenny’s poll on DS2’s difficulty, I put it down on “not that hard” since I wasn’t counting the poor designs that were more annoying than fun.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mikey
You damn right, my friend.
@Meanlucario
That’s cool. I honestly agree, since the only part that has challenged me so far in a way that pruned me for the right reasons was getting used to fighting those knights in Heide’s Tower. Doesn’t make up for the Shaded Woods though. I want to pretend that part of the game didn’t happen.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@CloudMistDragon
Maybe they don’t count the cheapness of DS2 and are including the dungeons and DLC of Bloodborne with no beastblood pellets.
I mean BB has it’s own plethora of cheap, not to the level of DS2. However, I still argue it is one of the most forgiving in terms of the difficulty spike and learning curve.
DS1 is straight up unforgiving, even with the DLC, to the mistakes you make, but it has also more room to get around those options whereas in BB you have to play aggro all the way.
DS3 is a weird beast, because it tries to stick to the same combat principles from the first, whilst trying to make it faster paced like BB, so it ends on this shaky middle ground.
Never played Demon souls so can’t comment there
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

We can agree they are all difficult for different reasons
BB wants you to be relentless in combat and constantly on the offense
DS1 is more about learning the movements and actually adapting to your opponent
DS3 has a bipolar disorder
DS2 sniffed the glue and ate it with a pinch of salt
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Just a quick question, does DSII run a lot smoother with less BS on the Scholar of the First Edition on PS4/PS5? Because the game just deleted all of my save data on the vanilla version on PS3. Yeah, all that hard work, gone, right after Smelter Demon. Thanks DSII, THANKS. <_<
UPDATE: Never mind the question, research told me what I assumed, it is a lot smoother with patched glitches so I got it. I’m still going to play this game until the end, working my way back up, but I’m definitely not touching the original PS3 version any time soon after that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide