General Dark Souls

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
Those healing bastards are the worst, especially when you consider the actual boss’s health is made of paper mache.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@Meanlucario  
I know I know.. I’m just poking some fun at FromSoft’s changes to poise is all.

Halflight is indeed a pos of a “boss” fight.. at best, it’s nothing special and mostly just a big meh and at worst, it’s one of the worst and most tedious and uninteresting boss concepts.

I’m not even sure, why the hell did FromSoftware even think bringing back the DeS Old Monk was a good idea?… That was a Novel idea for its time, but when it comes to a polished game and delivering the best for its final installment, they should’ve made an actual boss for Halflight, something similar to Pontiff Sulyvahn.

@Mikey  
I think that depends greatly on your weapon and if it’s actually your weapon making bosses’ health bars in general, look like they’re made of paper mache, like the twin blades, or a very good bleed weapon.
toxicitzi
Sapphire -

@Meanlucario  
gotcha. simple and effective.

I liked to do this sorta thing more with quickstep and fast weapons, but that’s just what I got into lately with DS 3, I find the longer iFrames and longer distance covered helps a lot, plus the very fast in and out of combat that daggers provide helps keep that offensive up.

Although, I was fighting other bosses, I haven’t booted DS3 in a while too and my memory is foggy if I did that with Halflight.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Yesterday I’ve bought Dark Souls III GOTY Edition. I’ve commented it in the videogame thread, but I think it’s appropiated here.
@Ring Team
I’ve played 7 hours and a half and it felt like I only played 1 or 2 hours. This game is so insane and I honestly feel it’s gonna be very short.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@toxicitzi
Oh, I’m not saying this as a negative thing. When I say that my 7 hours felt like 1 or 2 hours, that’s a good thing, at least to me.
In fact, I’m having so much fun with the game. It’s amazing!
toxicitzi
Sapphire -

@Mikey
ngl, the bamco video really didn’t do it for me.
I watched afterwards the IronPineapple cover and wow, they really left out a lot they could’ve shown..
We get Power stancing back, DS 1 poise is back with DS 3 backstabbing, meaning we won’t have the DS 1 poise + chain-backstabbing, there’s a lot of fleshed out stuff in regards to the horse combat that they should’ve shown in that gameplay video, magic seems a lot better too which is cool, same for faith. That IronPineapple video showed a lot of interesting things to do even in the first couple hours of the game.
That power stancing and if it’s really good, might be the reason I’m getting the game, because DS2 had it too and it was nice, but I don’t feel like it had the appropriate PvE challenges for it.
Now I’m thinking, if they nail the balance with build diversity, this is gonna be their best game in the series.. that’s the only thing I’m worried about is how they’re going to balance things out, especially for build variety.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@toxicitzi
Yeah, the combat looks like a culmination of the best parts of each game. There’s also a bit of Bloodborne in the fact that you can’t critical until you break poise.
I also like the streamlining of stats, no vitality, instead strength increases equip load. I like the checkpoint statues to get back to where you were faster after dying, the exploration looks solid.
toxicitzi
Sapphire -

@Mikey
Oh yeah, moving away from vitality to strength makes a lot more sense for equip load.. honestly, that was a long, long time coming, this is the best way of doing this imo.
Now that this is done, it feels like they could still do much more here, like for example since Strength now has more to do with both heavy weapons, heavy armor and carry limit, Dexterity could mess somewhat with mobility/attack either movement, jumping, or even attacking animations.
They tried something similar like that with Dark Souls 1, but I think because it was never explained or shown in the stats, few people probably know it even exists.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide