General Dark Souls

The★Rickmeister
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
To quote my comment from another thread.  
Recently got into Dark Souls 3 after getting it during the Summer Sale, and have been having a lot of fun with it.
Does anyone know a good build for a knight-class?

I managed to get through to farron keep on my first playthrough, only to realize i’d probably gone horribly wrong, build-wise, and started over on a new character.
The★Rickmeister
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
@Meanlucario  
I’m never usually interested in PVP in basically any game I play.  
I’ve heard to level vigor first, almost exclusively, to around mid-twenties, before moving onto damage-based stats.  
Is this true?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@The★Rickmeister  
20 vig is a great bemchmark, since enemies do hit hard in this game. I suggest going for vig/end and some vit until at least the first two are at 20, but work on str and dex if you find a weapon/shield you want to use that you lack the stats for.
The★Rickmeister
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
@Meanlucario  
If it’s armour-wise, I’m looking for something with a decent enough defence/weight/maneuverability ratio.  
As for weapons/shields, I found the Irithyll Straight Sword and Grass and Dragon Crest shields on my previous run.  
Are they any good?
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@The★Rickmeister  
You’ll find armor sets very often, so that won’t be an issue.

The Grass Crest is better on your back due to the stamina regen, though there are much worst shields to use. The Dragon Crest is the anti-fire shield, though it’s outclassed by the Black Knight Shield. The latter is a drop item, though, so unless you feel like farming black knights, I suggest using what you have.

The Irithyll Straight Sword I don’t know much about, other than the frost it does (which is situational) and that it requires twinkling titanite to upgrade.
The★Rickmeister
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
@Meanlucario  
The infused and reinforced longsword I started with (+1 or +2 , I think), was doing a fair amount of damage by itself, so I rarely switched over.  
I’ve just looked on the wiki, and it turns out it’s apaprently recommended to go through the cathedral after you defeat the crystal sage, and then do Farron Keep, due to an item that lowers poison damage.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@The★Rickmeister  
I rarely bother with that ring myself. Too many goodies in the swamp that makes things easier for me. Poison is inconvenient at worst in 3, so the ring isn’t worth going for just for that. After Sage is an important area, so I tend to go there after getting a key bonfire in the swamp. Also, red NPC invaders don’t appear if you’re offline for some reason. No idea why.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@The★Rickmeister  
Yep. You can’t repair it, unlike DS2. However, I recommend wearing it if you plan on recovering a large stack of souls, since dying with it on does not create a new bloodstain, meaning if you fail, your souls are still there.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide