Viewing last 25 versions of post by DarkObsidian in topic European Union may pass law that could lead to this site being unusable

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"[@Lord Seraph":](/dis/european-union-may-pass-law-that-could-lead-to-this-site-being-unusable/post/3882352#post_3882352

)

Literally the democratic law-making process of the EU as such. Let's summarize yesterday's results.

1) The proposal for these two draft proposals came through in its very own committee only marginally with one vote majority. And yesterday's vote was only possible because the necessary minimum (75) of MoP's had been protested until deadline midnight last Tuesday.

2) The result of this election not only means that the laws are not immediately adopted (with finale vote end of the year), they must also be amended. That's what the draft legislation says. In a way, to prevent the same proposal from being tabled over and over and over again.

3) Resistance is already forming. Although very quiet and so far not very effective for the media. I'm not quite sure why. If I didn't know any better, I would assume that the print media lobby (which, together with the music industry lobby, is the main cause of these two laws) is trying to make it as small as possible. But hey, we don't want to accuse such a powerful lobby of concealment tactics, influence and perhaps corruption, do we? ;-)

Edit: Of course the lobbies will try it again, that's for sure. But it won't be that easy for them. That's actually all I want to say. ;-D
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"@Lord Seraph":/dis/european-union-may-pass-law-that-could-lead-to-this-site-being-unusable/post/3882352#post_3882352

Literally the democratic law-making process of the EU as such. Let's summarize yesterday's results.

1) The proposal for these two draft proposals came through in its very own committee only marginally with one vote majority. And yesterday's vote was only possible because the necessary minimum (75) of MoP's had been protested until deadline midnight last Tuesday.

2) The result of this election not only means that the laws are not immediately adopted (with finale vote end of the year), they must also be amended. That's what the draft legislation says. In a way, to prevent the same proposal from being tabled over and over and over again.

3) Resistance is already forming. Although very quiet and so far not very effective for the media. I'm not quite sure why. If I didn't know any better, I would assume that the print media lobby (which, together with the music industry lobby, is the main cause of these two laws) is trying to make it as small as possible. But hey, we don't want to accuse such a powerful lobby of concealment tactics, influence and perhaps corruption, do we? ;-)
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian