Dangan Ronpa (Beware of violence and remember the spoiler tag!)

VoltraTheLively
Artist -

Naegi Matoko, an average boy with average tastes, is invited to Hope’s Peak academy. This prestigious school teaches specializes in “Super High School Level” students and Naegi was chosen in a raffle to become Super High School Level Luck! However the moment he arrives, he passes out…

When he comes to, he finds himself inside the school. Every window is sealed, every door outside is inaccessible, and there are fourteen other SHSL students locked in with him. A robot named Monobear arrives and informs them that they imprisoned within the academy forever! There is only one way out, but there’s a catch.

full The act of killing another person.

full K…kill!?

full Beatingstabbingclubbingbeheadingburningsuffocatingstranglingslaughteringvoodoocursing… The method doesn’t matter.

full “Only a student who kills someone can leave”. It’s a very simple rule. The most evil of actions leads to the best of outcomes.

full I hope you all cooperate.

After a murder occurs, a “school trial” is held. If the murderer is undetected with their crime, they “graduate” and leave the school with everyone else getting killed in their place. If the murderer is found out, they are executed.

The game plays out like Phoenix Wright characters stuck in Battle Royale’s setting with a few more twists in the plot. Not for those uncomfortable with blood (or pink syrup) but an interesting mystery series. What do you guys think?

A Let’s Play/translation of the whole game can be found translated here. I don’t recommend the anime or official translation.
VoltraTheLively
Artist -

@Blackie

That’s your opinion (Name me something that isn’t inspired by something else or doesn’t resemble anything else in some way.), I fail to see how making teenagers the protagonists makes it boring, and the anime is considered shit by the fandom anyway.

Pass if you want to, but don’t be insulting.
Blackie
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@VoltraTheLively

Taking inspiration is good, but ripping off from multiple sources, stitching it together and calling it a day isn’t.

Teenagers tend to make for awful protagonists (especially if they are written by a teenager itself), that is a fact, and since anime tends to be exaggerated in every aspect, it’s even harder to make them somehow good. Not saying it’s impossible, and definitely not saying they’re boring (annoying, on the other hand…)

I could’ve just called it a piece of shit idea, but I preferred to go through the respectful route. Guess people get easily offended on the internet, who would’ve known.

Expect harshness if you ask for people’s opinions.
VoltraTheLively
Artist -

@Blackie

“Ripping off”? Aside the premise (which is hardly new to begin with), there’s nothing else that could be used like that.

How do you know this isn’t one of the good ones? You didn’t even finish Chapter One. And you watched the disgusting anime which sucks all characterization out like a vacuum.

You aren’t respectful, you’re being a troll. Move on.
Blackie

@VoltraTheLively

>Having a negative opinion  
>Instantly trolling

full

Oh man, I’d say you’re special, but sadly there are way too many people with your mindset.

Aside from the premise? The premise is everything! What draws the interest of potential watchers, what dictates the action, the pacing, the mood… fail to give an original premise, and you’re pretty much screwed. I can see painfully obvious similarities with other sources everywhere, which just makes me want to turn away. It may be interesting, yes, but is it original? No. Is it overdone? Yes. You may succeed to give interesting characters and a mildly decent story, but the whole overall impact will be greatly diminished ‘cos we’ve seen it been done before.

Of course I haven’t watched Episode One or whatever, those were my first impressions from your summary! That was what you were asking for!
Blackie

@VoltraTheLively

>A community that would be neutral about it  
>Implying hivemind

You truly are one stupid lad, not everyone will think the same way, that’s what makes discussions fun.

What you wanted was a good ol’ circlejerking session, let’s face it.
VoltraTheLively
Artist -

@Blackie

I assumed it was neutral due to the few posts about it and few people commenting about it. You’re the most talkative person I’ve on this topic. If I’m wrong, there’s a reason for it.
Blackie

@VoltraTheLively

People may come in neutral, but they can’t stay that way if they want to have a discussion about the topic.

You keep throwing that word around when objectivity would me much better.
Blackie

@VoltraTheLively

It shouldn’t lead to anything like that if both parties treat each other’s opinion with a bit of maturity. You calling me a troll is what tipped the scales.

Also, defending something you like from someone who doesn’t type of discussions aren’t necessarily bad.
VoltraTheLively
Artist -

@Blackie

Your opinion was hardly mature to begin with. You insulted a series based on a synopsis, a few episodes of the shitty anime adaptation your friend made you watch, and the medium.

I don’t have the will nor energy to handle anything like that.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
How did I automatically know who got involved with this thread when I saw how many posts it had?

Seriously, how?

Every single thread this happens in, shouldn’t be surprised…
Blackie

@VoltraTheLively

So you got all wrapped up just ’cos I said anime tends to exaggerate everything?

I thought it was common consensus that that statement was true, just like everything else on TV.

You sure have a fun definition of the word “insult”
Blackie

@VoltraTheLively

Let’s see, I’ve said two things regarding anime:

1- It tends to exaggerate things  
2- Anime characters tend to be annoying/bad because the above reason

That’s all.

The whole “teenage protagonists are bad” wasn’t limited to just anime.
Blackie

@VoltraTheLively

full

I never limited my statements to just anime, the few times I did, I made it clear enough. If this were a completely different show (Breaking Bad just to put an example), my comments would have still been the same.

Please, pull your finger away from the full retard button, you must’ve accidentally pressed it.
Blackie

@Itsthinking

full

(Don’t make me search for the many threads were you went on a full-frenzy, balls-to-the-wall retarded discussion with everyone on the page, you wouldn’t like it)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide