Can fear drive people insane?

DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
I usually don’t dive into these psychological topics, but after a recent MLP short came and went I wanna know…

Can a fear/phobia drive a person to the brink of insanity?

For example, say a person has arachnophobia (fear of spiders); If they were to experience this fear over and over again, would they eventually snap and go nuts? (Possibly to the point where they wind up locked away in a mental hospital with a straight jacket?)

Please let me know what your thoughts are.
ElderD
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

I had three anxiety attacks over the course of a year (not this year) that was not doing my mental health any good. Had to get counseling because of it. Been going for almost a year now and it’s really been doing me good.

Panic attacks are the worst.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

It definitely can, it’s all about the time the person has been into the fear/phobia and how it reacts to it. Sometimes people can get over their fears by battling them and sometimes they need special help. Just like how the short showed us.
Background Pony #0570
Fear makes me want to kill myself all the time. Constant anxiety can leave many scars
Binkyt11
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
Last year I developed a fear of dying at any moment that would drive me nearly insane, kept me up at night, and physically hurt me and made me even sicker.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide