BUCK con 2016 (Manchester, United Kingdom)

40kponyguy
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
Not really enough there for it to be worthwhile considering the ticket prices.

I was actually after a couple of plushies myself, (Lyra and Octavia), but there weren’t many about. Those that there were were kinda steeply priced.  
My daughter’s got her Trixie that I picked up.

Was good seeing everyone there though.

Here’s wishing everyone a safe trip home.
40kponyguy
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
So, the convention went pretty well. What’s next on the agenda?

Only one I know of is ‘Ponycon’, which is in Leeds this year, in October.  
That’s within my range to travel to I think.
ED-SKaR
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Well I had immense amounts of fun!

It has to be said that we didn’t use our time very well on Saturday, we went for lunch when the cool stuff was on and then came back when most others were going off for lunch.  
Whilst we were at lunch we missed the Cupcakes, Charity auctions and most of the days panels.

We walked past the PinkiePals colouring and the Karaoke several times without getting involved.

I bought the con book with the scedual and we made much better use of the Sunday, I didn’t even stop for food until 7pm and there was always at least two things I wanted to do whilst I was doing something else. The cosplay event went off really quickly whilst I was at the speedfic writing, I left Peter News panel to go watch DennyVixens panel.

We didn’t even get chance to play any of the MLPCCG on the Sunday.

In future, with better planning :P I’d probably have a big breakfast, then eat with friends after most things have stopped.

The SummerSunCelebration was pretty awesome, although a lot of the sounds were quite similar and no pony songs until the very end. I didn’t even get that far because I was quite tired by then. Usagi Drop was awesome!

The closing ceremony that from our extended group only I went to was so amazing. Everyone dancing and cheering, infinite conga, endless brohooves and highfives. So much Shawn!

Such a buzz. I’m so happy that I went :D. It was great to meet you guys in person as well.

As for further events, there is UK ponycon up in a few months, but I doubt I’ll be able to make that as I have a holiday of sorts booked around that time.  
There is also Brony Scot and My Little Con, but I don’t know anything about those.
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
My only problem with Ponycon is the date. It falls right on the date I had planned for an Alton Towers trip. (I go twice a year. Once in May for the kids, and once in October for the adults (because my kids are too small to get on the bigger rides. I was hoping my daughter would be tall enough to get on 13 this year (120cm), but no luck).

If anyone wants to go to Alton Towers, try for the tail end of October. They’ve always got more on then, and the whole place is geared up for Halloween.
BlazingDazzlingDusk
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

BUCK was really fun and it was great seeing all of you! Everyone was really kind. It was one of my best days ever.

UK Ponycon really isn’t worth writing home about, I’ve been there twice. I had quite a bit of fun but it’s too small and there wasn’t enough variety in the merchandise.

My Little Con. The clue’s in the name. XD It got cancelled last minute and I don’t know whether people were able to get their money back or not.
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@BlazingDazzlingDusk  
Glad you had a good day.

I’m a little surprised you haven’t put a pic up of your Dazzlings figures you got at the convention yet.

Would’ve replied sooner, but I was watching a daft pony video on youtube. Link’s on the source for this image  

Don’t expect this to make any sense at all. It’s just a really catchy tune.  
‘Winter Wrap Up’ level catchy…

I’ll apologise in advance for this…

(Speaking of fan tunes, can anyone remember what the karaoke song was I commented about on Saturday afternoon? I think it was a remix of a remix. Just remember Living Tombstone and Wooden Toaster being mentioned).
BlazingDazzlingDusk
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Thank you very much and the same to you!

Don’t worry XD I am going to put them up, probably later today. I’ve just been a little busy.

That video was bonkers XD It is catchy, though!

(Was it called “Discord”?)
EddersCPFC

My only problem with Ponycon is the date. It falls right on the date I had planned for an Alton Towers trip. (I go twice a year. Once in May for the kids, and once in October for the adults (because my kids are too small to get on the bigger rides. I was hoping my daughter would be tall enough to get on 13 this year (120cm), but no luck).
If anyone wants to go to Alton Towers, try for the tail end of October. They’ve always got more on then, and the whole place is geared up for Halloween.

Half the rides at Towers are shut these days, and it’s also dead quiet, so really Scarefest is only good for riding rides in the dark :P Would love to meet you, and being a theme park geek myself, going Towers would be great. But I hate the park these days so it’s a lot of effort to travel up there. Although if it were Thorpe Park, I’d be up for it. (but I know you live up north, and that’s a trek for you).

Sorry for the mini rant, it’s passion :P Glad everyone had a great time at BUCK though! I’d love to go next year, but it depends on who the guest is (If it’s Tabitha or Rebecca Shoichet, then I’m straight there!) Hopefully you lot can travel to another con which will be better for you :)
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@EddersCPFC  
Well, the only ride I know was shut there was The Smiler, after that crash they had, and that’s supposed to be/have reopened too.  
(Which I’m a little surprised about. Thought they’d have dismantled it and shipped it abroad somewhere under a different name).

I’ll be there on Saturday, 22nd October.

My constitution isn’t as good as it used to be sadly.  
(Let’s face it, I hit 40 next year). Can’t go on Air, because it tends to stop with you resting on your stomach for a couple of minutes at the end, and I come off it green.  
Last time I went on ‘Spinball’, the platform crew forced the restraint down, and hurt my ribs, so I’ll probably be avoiding that too.  
Smiler, I wasn’t impressed with. Waiting in the queue for 1.5 hours, then came off the ride feeling like my insides had been scrambled.

All the other rides there, I’m game for.  
As long as they don’t swing, or spin in circles.
EddersCPFC

@40kponyguy  
Hex, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Nemesis: Sub Terra, and the Driving School are all shut, and Ripsaw and Flume have gone entirely, six rides not opened that were last season. Smiler’s reopened however.

Air has been rethemed and is now called Galactica, and you’re now forced to wear VR goggles. So if you have problems with your eyes, then that’s another reason not to ride it.

Smiler I like, but not love. Ride layout is great, but everything about it is terrible. The queue is downright unbearable, and the theme and name are crap. It can be rough as well.

Not stopping you from going obviously. Of course, it’s worth going back there for Nemesis and Oblivion alone. Hope you don’t pay £50 to get in whatever you do! That’s where the vouchers come in :P

They’ll be getting a new major ride in 2018 as well. No idea what it is however.
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@EddersCPFC  
I’ll be hunting for vouchers. Never pay full price to get in, that’s for sure.

As for rides, The Flume… Wasn’t bad, but I tended to avoid it because I don’t like being freezing cold.  
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory… Kids.  
Nemesis:Sub Terra… Went once, didn’t like it.  
Ripsaw… Swinging thing, those just make me ill, so I’m losing no sleep there either.

The rides I’d be on are Thirteen, Rita, Duel, Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train (tame, but it’s not bad), Oblivion, and River Rapids. (Always one person on that gets drenched. Funny when it isn’t you).

I did usually go on Hex, although it was never hugely popular so shutting that doesn’t surprise me.

There was a plan a few years back to do a zipline ride from the castle wall over the lake to the entrance. Guess safety issues stopped that one coming to fruition.
ED-SKaR
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Could do… could do…

I’ve been having trouble drawing our group photo, I’m really not good at drawing humans, and because there are six of us we are each much smaller on the page than I’m used to drawing :(. I’ve had three attempts at it now.  
I might just draw Britty and settle with that.

I really want to skip ahead and draw Dragon Lord Ember, she’s cool.
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@ED-SKaR  
Well, there’s two options there.  
1, I could have a go at drawing that group pic instead, although I don’t know which order we were in, or exactly how you were planning on drawing it. Equestria Girls style versions of the characters we were representing perhaps?

2, draw each individually, and ask Miss BDD if she could join them up. She seems to be doing that a lot with her own drawings recently.
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@ED-SKaR  
There’s a hell of a lot of Ember art about since that episode aired.  
I’m still slowly catching up, re-watching the series. Currently at the tail end of season 3, which is as much as I can watch. Just watched “Apple Family Reunion” and “Spike At Your Service” with my daughter earlier tonight.

So… I’m miles behind everyone here. I haven’t even watched any episodes from season 5 yet.  
(Apart from the ‘Slice Of Life’ episode, which I enjoyed personally because I’ve been lurking the fandom so long I got every one of the references).
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@ED-SKaR  
Don’t even know where to find the episodes to watch them.  
And the DVD releases are so far behind in the UK it’s ridiculous.

The last episode I watched in sequence, (and I haven’t seen anything after it aside from ‘Slice Of Life’)?  
The season 4 episode where Pinkie finds she may be related to Applejack.

Yep, not seen the Tirek episodes. Not seen anything with Starlight Glimmer, aside from a clip of the ‘Our Town’ song.
40kponyguy

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@ED-SKaR  
I’ll have a look another evening.  
Too late to be watching a full episode right now.

But yeah, I’ll have a look.  
Used to try Youtube, but they only have ‘Commentary’ versions of the episodes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide