BBQ, Beer, & Hunting Thread

General Discussion » BBQ, Beer, & Hunting Thread Search Posts
Background Pony #1B25
Actually, just meat cooking and associated beverages in general would probably be a better subject.

I’ll start off with a confession: I am crap at grilling meat. I can do just about anything else–stewing, smoking, flash-frying, roasting, whatever. But putting me in front of a grill is a waste of good steak.

Also, and I’d never confess this except as a background pony, I’m not a big fan of game meat unless it’s slow-cooked. Maybe wild hog, yeah, but venison steak is an atrocity.

Finally: dear Americans, you know I love you, but all your beer tastes like piss except your microbrewed craft beers. Those taste like piss with added hops.
Nightweaver20xx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
@Whatevs  
Because I love that face so very much. It epitomizes both the sexiness and the utter stupidity of this fandom. Her face can be read both as an “O” face and as a “LOL” face. It comes from a very NSFW pic, but alas I cannot remember the name of the artist.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
but venison steak is an atrocity.

Round where I come from that sentence would be punctuated by the sound of a dozen or so sharp implements appearing all at once.

Venison is the meat of the gods. I will not hear anyone say otherwise.

That said, a decently matured hunk of beef will always win…
Background Pony #1B25
@Archonix  
You know, it could just be that I’ve just never had decent venison. The whitetail around here are tiny and scrawny, and the people who’ve cooked it for me were pretty lax on the timing.

I’d give it another try, but I’m not sure what to do with all the other cuts. I like a lot of fat in my burgers and stews.
Background Pony #1B25
@NotYourAverageLurker  
Definitely rabbit, if you have them where you are.  
They’re very easy to skin and clean, and you can cook them a lot like chicken. Plus you can use your 22 or a trap, and you don’t have to worry about poaching laws (except in some hippie states where they have laws deliberately designed to fuck people).

Young ones are great for frying, especially breaded and deep fried with some seasoning (paprika, oregano, red & black pepper, garlic powder, sage, thyme, etc.). Southerners often marinade it in buttermilk and sometimes hotsauce for texture and colour.

Older ones are fantastic in a Mediterranean-style stew with tomato. They don’t have much fat, so it helps to add bits of cheap bacon ends. Stew’s also the best way to use the organs–the liver and kidneys add a lot of flavour.  
There’s a lot of ways to cook rabbit, but those two are my favourites.

Best advice is to do your research, and know what you’re getting into. My first time preparing a rabbit I actually followed a tutorial video on my phone.  
Whatever you do, though, don’t use a shotgun, even if it’s mandated by law in your area; the horrible steel shot the fucking EPA forced on us breaks teeth.
And Brother I Hurt People
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Squirrel - "Is there a badge for being an oblivious fuck?"
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Thread Starter - /dis/the-cringe-thread
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

So, uh, you do realize you have your own thread where you can battle the evils of hunting, right?

(also, if you wanted this thread to only have one post, then why on earth would you draw attention to it?)
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Every attempt I’ve made to go hunting or at least camping almost always ends in goddamn flooding.
Anyway, does anyone here ever see folks still using good old arrows for big predator hunting?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide