Avatar the Last Airbender/Korra thread

09MurphyM

Apparently, there is going to be another live action Avatar movie in the near future. This time though, it looks like Netflix is producing it.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

So i hear Korra is coming to netflix, possible everyone already discussed it but fuck you i just now got to use my PC again and have shit to catch up on because using my phone or xbox for cruising the net is a pain in the ass,
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
I don’t dislike Toph in any way, she might be the best depiction of a blind character I’ve ever seen in a show, but I did find it noticeable that she didn’t really have any rivals that were on par with her the way the rest of the cast did. She’s kinda just unmatched at what she does. Which is fine, I just thought it gave her the weakest climax of anyone in the main cast.

Or maybe I just didn’t find the discovery of metal bending as hype as other people did.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@gingerninja666  
I will say that she didn’t have as well-developed an arc as the others. Like, she leaves her parents and joins the gaang, has to learn to get along with them, is kidnapped by the guys sent by her parents, discovers metalbending, escapes… and that’s it as far as development goes.

Really, the last episode with any growth for her is “The Guru.” Bryke kinda screwed her out of having any sort of resolution after that; she didn’t even reconcile with her parents, which is what I believe her arc was leading to, until the comics, and even then it was screwed up because the comics suck.

Still, it seems weird that she isn’t as popular with recent fans. Hell, even Azula is more popular than Toph now.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@TheHappySpaceman

I thought Azula was a pretty beloved character in general. I wouldn’t call it a slight to lose in a popularity contest to her. She’s got the whole “badass villain who’s actually a tragically damaged character” thing going for her, which a lot of people like, especially in this age of youtube video essays and think pieces.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I’m still here. Not if I’m still as into big tiddy Toph, however. I really don’t think it’s in-character for her to have knockers that giant.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide