Automotive enthusiasts?

kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Lucid Air released yesterday. 2021 model year, so it will come soon. Can go up to $169,000 and the most expensive models will come out first. 9.9 quarter mile and 517 miles of range.

I’m glad the 1% get a $7,500 tax rebate on their electric toys that cost as much as a house. Clearly they need it.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@MagpulPony  
Right the batteries are massive and have a huge carbon footprint.

@kleptomage  
Hopefully the tax credit stays high for the future when they make cheaper cars later in 2022

@Porschepegasus  
Yeah 2004 Alero, same V6 and 4 speed transmission as my 1999 model. So I know it’s a worthy daily driver classic
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
Bruh, why does the new mack anthem look, feel, sound, and drive so well? I’ve never been in a class 8 truck that’s handled as good as this one has and almost doesn’t feel natural. It feels like it has the turning radius of a regular car yet it could tow a whole church on its own if you wanted to.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Today Nissan showed a near production ready prototype of the next Z.

full  
full  
full  
full  
full

Nissan claims the main inspiration was the original 240Z (a car of such timeless beauty I own a model of it). I can see the 240 in the overall silhouette and the 300 in the tail lights as well as some Aston Martin influence in the floating roof and paint color.

The engine is a 3 liter turbo V6 with 400 hp, hence the name 400z - a shift from the Z car nomenclature of names derived from engine displacement.

I like its shape, its clean design without fake vents or weird angles, the updated but still simple and functional interior, that it still has a useful hatchback, and the LED tail lights are neat.

The one thing Nissan needs to fix is the grill. I can’t criticize the grill for having square corners, because previous Zs did as well, but it’s too tall relative to the height of the front.

Here’s hoping Nissan doesn’t price the 400Z out of reach of average people and that there is none of that steer by wire nonsense from Infiniti.
Flying Pancake
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@kleptomage  
Agreed on the grille, but I can see why they did it that way- it’s not that far off the old ones if you remove the bumper:  
full

I’m guessing that top part of the grille is solid, too, so it”d probably be pretty simple to do somehting like this to make it more proportional, even if Nissan doesn’t:  
full
kleptomage

@Flying Pancake  
That old Z looks better because the hood slopes farther down and forward, reducing the visual impact of the grill.

The grill isn’t a dealbreaker. I’ve seen much worse and it looks decent up close, but from a distance it’s a huge hole in the front of the car, as if a part is missing.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Visit Friendship Daily!
@kleptomage  
I like how classical and sleek the rear is.

No they don’t have to be that large I bet half the grille isnt even functional. Just plastic liscense plate bracket.

And jeez it seems so many cars have a 3 liter turbo engine these days
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Updates on the fleet.

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon:

A fuel line started leaking in winter, so the car’s been on blocks for a while. I dropped the tank and fixed some holes in the top, then I finally got around to replacing all of the fuel lines and vapor line. I’m not done yet, but I should be done in a few days. I also replaced the fuel filter with a NAPA Gold (which is the same as a WIX Fuel Filter,) since I have no idea how old the previous filter is. It may be as old as the car, for all I know. What I do know is, the gas that came out of it was not clean.

Oh, and I changed the oil and filter. It was using Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage 5w30, so I used that again, but I also changed from a Mobil 1 filter to a FRAM Ultra Synthetic Filter. These FRAM Ultras are some of the best filters on the market (about as good as an Amsoil filter,) and they’re cheaper than Amsoil filters; they filter 99% of contaminants at 20 microns, meaning “dang, that’s good.” I also changed the air filter to a FRAM Ultra, since I never changed it before.

2005 Explorer (“fuel efficiency project car”)

Oil & Filter Change.

Old Oil: Pennzoil Conventional 5w30  
New Oil: Pennzoil Platinum 5w30

The new oil should save a little bit of fuel, since it’s a bit thinner. I used the FRAM Ultra for this car too, but I was already using one beforehand.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@ACApenetrator50

I also have a 99 Suburban K2500 6.5 TD, and a 2001 Impala 3.4 to work on. However, I didn’t think it was worth posting about those earlier today. I haven’t worked on the Suburban lately. I did work on the Impala recently, though:

Oil & Filter Change (Amsoil Sig. Series 0w30, Amsoil EaO Filter)  
Power Steering Fluid Change (Amsoil)  
Fuel Filter Change (Wix)

It had been almost 4 years since I changed the fuel filter, but only about 21k miles, and the gas came out clean. I suppose I didn’t need to change it. I’ll go maybe 30k before the next fuel filter change.

After I’m done with the Mercury Wagon, I’ll work on the Suburban.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
@BarryFromMars  
I’ve got a a bunch of stuff since I live on a farm  
I’ve got this much stuff.  
1999 Toyota Tacoma  
1996 Ford F-350  
2002 Ford F-250  
2018 Ford F450  
2003 mack vision CXN613  
2007 international 9400  
2014 case IH 315 magnum  
2013 challenger Mt975  
1986 Kirovets K700A.  
2020 international lone star

That’s just everything I have on the property that I know for a fact still runs just fine and i take out at least once every 2 weeks. There’s a whole lot more trucks and tractors sitting in old barns, sheds, garages, sidings, and ditches that haven’t been moved since my family bought this place in 2014
ACApenetrator50

Big loud things on poles
Well everyone, my 6NZ swap is halfway finished. Still got a lot of work to do, but I have a feeling it’ll be finished and running again by October 18th at the latest.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide