Automotive enthusiasts?

TundraArcticWolf
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Friendly Arctic Wolf
@kleptomage

One other big problem with computers in electric vehicles is that people can put too much trust or faith into them. A computer can either become your best friend, or your worst nightmare.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain  
The logic of the name is to cash in on the Mustang’s name recognition. Cynical marketing is all it is.

@SubaruAnon  
I take issue with Tesla and other companies using the public as guinea pigs for their autonomous technology. Big tech is reckless and doesn’t care much if people die.

Job loss is unfortunately a cost of technological advancement. When cars replaced horses it reduced the demand for grooms and coachmen. If electric vehicles replace ICE vehicles, it will reduce demand for mechanics. That’s a long way off, though. ICE will remain viable for several decades at least.

@TundraArcticWolf  
Only an idiot would put complete trust in things like Tesla’s autopilot to the extent that they doze off while driving.

There are many idiots in the world.
deactivated3b5307
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Only an idiot would put complete trust in things like Tesla’s autopilot to the extent that they doze off while driving.

Tesla themselves are outright against this, telling people, again and again, to NOT do this and to remain alert while ready to retake manual control. Unfortunately, the only people who will heed this warning are those who would remain alert with autopilot on warning or no.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
At an impass right now about what to do.

Haven’t even dropped the diff yet, but I got most of the bolts and nuts. My dad thinks we need to take out the rotors, calipers, and a bunch other suspension components to get more room for the CV axles. I’m not entirely convinced right now because I think we can just pop them out of the diff, drop it, and finesse them in the new.

He thinks the CV axles need more room to move around so we can get them in the new differential.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
Happy to come back and report some progress. We had to take the wheel hub out to pull the CV axle through. So I eventually realized that we did have to take the rotors and calipers off.

As of now we have yet to get the new diff in, just taking a break now.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@TundraArcticWolf  
My car just had a computer malfunction. Beeped at me about a failed parking brake. But the parking brake works fine. It’s electronic with a little button. Hopefully the error never comes back

@SubaruAnon  
All should be worth it, sounds like a lot of heavy parts. Glad it worked out. You have a lot of subaru’s with your dad?
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@RainbowDash69  
No, this is my first Subaru lol. He’s been buying Chevy since the 90s. His favorite car is the GMT800 Avalanche fullHis is the same color, and has the z71 package. His has a bull bar on the front though. The only modification, if you could even call it that.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
I might be working at a Subaru dealer in the next few months.

My automotive instructor is talking to his industry partners about open job positions, and because I’m ahead of most of the class I’m the first pick.

It would be a lube tech position first, at $13/hr then a technician assist after that. The dealer owner is coming to the school tomorrow to check out the program.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
Working on cars never goes as planned, just a warning.

I have the new differential in the car, but when I put the CV axle in, it didn’t seat properly at all. I figured out the spline count was different from my old diff, which is hopefully the cause.

So I had to spend $191 in total for remanufactured axles, with the correct spline count.

Fuck my life.
deactivated3b5307
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Working on cars never goes as planned
Hoo boy ain’t that the truth.

I went to help my dad replace the right front wheel bearing on his 2002 Accord. A supposedly a half-hour job took several hours due to the bearing being so rotten with rust that the bushing was literally cemented in the bearing.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
Took a test in class today, it was an ASE professional certification pre test. You need a 90% to pass, and I got 56%. Which was the highest score.

My teacher said if anyone got 90% he’d let us take the actual test and get the cert lol
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@TundraArcticWolf  
The hummer ad that premiered recently makes the grille similar to that rendering

Really seems like Mustang mach-e will be forgotten about in the world of superfast electric 4x4 trucks

@SubaruAnon  
Need 90%? Damn they take certification seriously
deactivated3b5307
Artist -

@MagpulPony  
Or the H1, which I consider the only true Hummer.

full

The H2 and H3 were the ones that changed the reputation of Hummer from “badass and capable off roader” to “Slow, gas guzzling suburban lump”
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
full Thinking about putting Legacy struts on my Outback. Also, one of my CV axles arrived today, It fits luckily. The other is coming tommorow.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide