Automotive enthusiasts?

SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@MagpulPony  
I took both down and replaced them with that Witchtaunter image of Lyra on the phone. I might get a sticker that says “Financial Mistake” for it though, because that’s what it’s turning out to be.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@05Outback  
Get me a pack of those financial mistake stickers. I’ll put them on a whole bunch of stuff.

In all seriousness though, fear of what you’re going through is a huge part of what stopped me from buying a used vehicle despite a good price.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@MagpulPony  
Used is all I ever plan on buying lmao. Most Modern cars, even the new WRX STi don’t really appeal to me. It’s not that intimating for me as I enjoy working on cars. But it can get frustrating at times
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@05Outback  
It being an off road vehicle, I had decided not to go for it not knowing how hard it had been run in the past. But this is the exact truck I almost bought. Owner named it “Dedicated” which I thought was pretty neat. full
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@MagpulPony  
Thats real nice. I’m almost considering a rally bar like that (though not as heavy duty) for mine. But I need to fix things before adding cosmetic stuff.

My classmate in my automotive school named his 2001 F-150 “Piece of shit”
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@SubaruAnon  
Yeah, I still kinda wish I got it anyway. I love those ADD bumpers and that matte green wrap. But I’m still happy with what I got instead.

Is that an Outback towing an Outback at Outback?
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@SubaruAnon  
Well hopefully you’re able to reach the fun adding cosmetic stuff soon. There were a bunch of things I wanted to add to my vehicle before some unfortunate financial problems kinda put that on an indefinite hold.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Astrum  
On the bright side, a Camaro SUV would finally fix the visibility problem. If GM just makes an electric Camaro SUV without all the connectivity bullshit, it will automatically be better than the Mustang Mach-E.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@kleptomage  
One of the people at GM who worked on the Corvette C8 (I don’t remember who) said they would never make the Corvette into some kind of SUV. I wouldve thought the same would be true of the Camaro. Guess not.

I believe Ford made a huge mistake with the mach-e. Yes, they are getting lots of orders for it. But I guarantee you 0.1% of them are Mustang owners or other car enthusiasts. It’s all mom’s or cool dad’s so they can flex on the other soccer parents.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@SubaruAnon  
My Dad is interested in the Mach-E for three reasons:

1. It’s a Ford.  
  2. It’s electric so he doesn’t have to pay for gas or oil changes.  
  3. He doesn’t understand or care that calling an electric SUV a Mustang devalues the name.

Basically, the main appeal of the Mach-E to my Dad is being a more efficient transportation pod. I think that is damning for a performance vehicle.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@kleptomage  
I think this explains my opinion a bit more

I also dislike EVs because of the reliance on computers for almost everything, you see this in Tesla’s, NHTSA is investigating Tesla rn because of this:
127 consumer complaints of alleged unintended acceleration of Tesla electric vehicles that may have contributed to or caused 110 crashes and 52 injuries.
I don’t plan on ever entrusting my life to a computer, no matter how advanced they get.
TundraArcticWolf
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Friendly Arctic Wolf
@kleptomage

Personally, I don’t get what people find so appealing about electric vehicles. There’s always the possibility that someone could hack into the vehicle’s computer rendering it useless.
kleptomage

@SubaruAnon  
That video was 13 minutes of ranting about why it’s a bad idea for an electric SUV to be called a Mustang. You’re preaching to the choir.

All cars have computers to manage various functions. The computer tells the car how much gas to consume at a given time, when to turn on the safety systems, how to play music, what codes to give a scanner for problems, etc.

I think you and TundraArcticWolf are conflating all electric vehicles with autonomous driving and too much connectivity leading to security risks. That unfortunately is the trend now with Tesla and dumb companies like Ford thinking copying Tesla is to the ticket to success, but they’re not all like that.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
The logic I think of the Mustang Mach-E naming, is fact that the lower center of gravity thanks to the low positioning of the batteries in an electric vehicle will allow the SUV to be driven “like a sports car” without the effects associated with the high center of gravity of SUVs.

It’s still kinda wierd. It will be a very heavy vehicle no matter what.
SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
@kleptomage  
I know cars have ECU’s and other systems such as TPMS, and steering assists. Lemme clarify, it’s when it gets into extensive driver assists, such as the autopilot. That I become sceptical, it’s not been proven yet.

The main reason why I don’t like EV’s though, is because I’m worried that they will put mechanics out of work. The only mechanical components on a Tesla that need to be maintained are: radiator fans, a coolant pump (if there is a liquid cooling system), brake rotors and pads, and tire changes. That’s about it.

Even if ICE’s don’t die out in 50 years. Most of the consumer base might be buying electric, because of government regulations, And other stipulations.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide