Automotive enthusiasts?

RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@BarryFromMars  
Tone down the rims for sure. No Jeep has big rims unless it’s a SRT. Really need to hBe sidewall when off road

Yeah I have Fuelly. Very impressive. Looks like most people get 14 mpg on the 2005 model. I post on the site for my Fusion. Highest combined was 28 mpg but went down to 23 in the below freezing days.

Huh. Diesel additive doesn’t do any harm?
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

Thanks. All of those tanks were done on minimal modifications, except for driving habits (though I’m driving a bit unusual.)

I just filled up the tank, and I just got done adding 24 Oz of Marvel Mystery Oil to the crank case since I’m close to oil change time. I drove 83.9 miles on the thinner oil, and my MPG average went up to 21.3. After that, I took the roof rack off. I then cleaned the mounting point sections of the roof, and put silicone over the bolts. This tank’s going to be even higher.

Plans for Modifications:

1: Air Dam, which should be good for 0.5 - 0.75 MPG. The stock one under the bumper only goes down 1 or 2 inches, which is kind of a joke. I need one that goes down 6 to 8 inches from the bumper; I’ll have 6 inches of ground clearance when I’m done.

2: Partial Grill Block. This will make the engine warm up faster, and cut down on aero drag a little.

3: Rear Wheel Arch Covers. Good for maybe 0.5 MPG.

4: Rear Window “Partial Kammback.” This is an extension on the back of the vehicle, to make aerodynamics fare better. Pic of an example below.

full

And here are some other considered (but costlier) Mods:

1: Electric Fan Conversion. The current fan is constantly running, even when I don’t need it. If I don’t have it on all of the time, the engine will warm up faster, and the fan’s not going to be on all of the time. It’ll cut down on fuel use, and increase engine power. Estimated cost: $50 - $220.

2: Water - Methanol Injection (WMI.) In short, this cools the air intake charge so that you can advance the engine timing to a significant degree without the gasoline pinging. I could do it, but I’d need to change the engine’s tuning at the same time. I don’t have an engine tuner, which would cost $200 - $400 by itself. Total cost: $200 for the WMI Kit in total, $200 - $400 for the tuner, $400 - $600 total.

I don’t think I’m going to do either of these mods any time soon, if at all. I’m more likely to do the Fan Conversion than the WMI + Engine Re-Tuning, though.
RainbowDash69
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
New TLX is in production, watch it get assembled in Ohio! I’m impressed the angular front looks similar to the concept car Acura proposed earlier!

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
I’ll take the Mercedes. Easy pick. Looks classical and futuristic, perfect homage to racing history while looking beautiful

@BarryFromMars  
I’m excited to see the aero mods. Wheel arch is pretty high on those 4x4 SUVs I’m thinking the mods will help a tiny bit on the highway, will make your truck slick!
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
2002 Mercedes CL with a V12 and Brabus upgrades, meaning a monstrous exhaust, is going on auction for around $8100. This is insane. Such a value for a stealthy exotic sleeper

full

@MagpulPony  
Damn, I could get all my dream cars, trucks, and Jeeps for the price of that one Bugatti

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
Yep, from 2003-2010. here’s what Wikipedia says:

When the car was developed, Mercedes-Benz owned 40 percent of the McLaren Group and the car was produced in conjunction between the two companies. SLR is an abbreviation for “Sport Leicht Rennsport”
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
@BarryFromMars  
Good shit.

I put a temporary grille block on the TDI when I left Florida, hard to know how much of a difference it made but I’m gonna go it again later this year and do some proper tests.

Outside of that I’m kind of forgot about this, but I had the plans to start experimenting with engine tuning myself.  
One this you could try is a hot air intake, to reduce pumping losses, to me it’s kind of useless since I lack a throttle body.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@Porschepegasus

Baby Moon Hubcaps are a decent idea to check out. I tried them years ago on a Caravan, although I’m not sure if they worked on that van. I may remove the middle seats (there’s only one row,) thanks.

@Flying Pancake

Good points. Considering everything, I’m not sure WMI is worth it. It might give me a 2 - 4 (maybe even more?) MPG Boost after the re-tune, but it would take a long while to pay for itself. It would increase engine power, though, undoubtedly. I still think I’m more likely to change the engine fan, which would increase engine power a bit, too.

@RainbowDash69

The current tank’s looking like it’ll be 22 or 23 MPG as it sits now, but that’s with M.M.O. in the crankcase. I won’t be keeping it in there for longer than this tank. Thanks.

I think I need to change the fuel filter, but I have no experience taking off this “Quick Disconnect” type of filter. I tried to change it once already, and I had the tools to do so, but it was beyond me; I thought I’d break the whole fuel line.

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain

Grill Blocks seem to work on 3 fronts:

1: Quicker Engine Warm-Up.  
2: Slightly higher operating temperature.*  
3: Better aerodynamics.

• Gas engines, at least, seem to combust their fuel a little bit better when they’re in the 200 - 210 F range (which means that you may need a hotter thermostat than a stock one.) However, this means that the oil breaks down quicker. I also cannot say that this is the case for every single engine, since some engines are more prone to overheating. Since we have people who skimp out on oil changes, that’s part of why auto makers don’t put the most efficient thermostats in. I don’t know if a higher than normal thermostat will help a Diesel’s efficiency or not.

I’m somewhat (but not intimately) familiar with Hot Air Intakes. On a Gas Engine, they’re supposed to help. I think I’ll do that in the colder months, for quicker warm-ups. On a Diesel, you’re supposed to use a cold air intake…? I did put a Cold Intake on my 6.5 TD. I don’t know if it helps MPG gains, but I’ve read that the engine’s a bit temperamental with the rear cylinders getting too hot, so it should at least prevent those cylinders from having issues.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
Lucid Air released yesterday. 2021 model year, so it will come soon. Can go up to $169,000 and the most expensive models will come out first. 9.9 quarter mile and 517 miles of range

@MagpulPony  
Real good AMGs require massive rims, can’t forget them!

@BarryFromMars  
Fuel filter is important for sure when you start to add stuff. The improvements so far seem to be worth it, electric fan and hot air intake will help for sure one heard online it does help with gasoline engines
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
so I got my wrecked international 9400 up on a lift on my shop and the engine needs to be completely replaced. My usual go to for large class 8 truck engines is CAT but I kinda wanna put either a detroit engine or a Mack engine in it. someone help me out
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide