Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CORDZ2000
/me blushes. Thank you, but I’m just a volunteer, like everyone else on staff. We all do something different, and it takes all of us to do this site once.
@TheGamerPainter
I’m at work. I’m not able to volunteer here for awhile, but someone else will work on it if you’ve reported it.
Just a reminder, none of us on staff hanging out in this thread are looking for staff stuff to do, we’re just hanging out. So, this is not a great spot to ask real questions about the site.
Background Pony #5A56
does this site actually do anything with the account email?
can the mods see the emails of peoples accounts?
Background Pony #0B34
Mods, have there been surveys of the users of derpibooru.org ? Asking general demographics and some questions about why people come and use this site for. Don’t want to be repetitive and post the same survey :)
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Favorite Tolkien character whether books or movies?
Very very hard question. I mean, like, this is grab a big stemless snifter of whiskey and load your pipe and sit down awhile.
My friends call me ‘Frodo’ because I have furry feet and seem impervious to the cut of blade, arrow, or spear (although, dang they can hurt you without cutting you). Plus my boyfriend in college’s nickname was “Strider” … so … Frodo, I guess? But since I was dating someone who role-played as Aragorn then let’s go with Aragorn as my favorite.
Favorite pokemon generation?
Shocker, I’m sure, but I have never, ever, at any time played Pokémon. I did watch the cartoon, as I’m sure everyone did, and still have the themesong firmly stuck in my head, so … uhm … Indigo League season 1?
I’m a fan of Pokémon, but that’s more because I was in Tokyo for so long I expect to see a giant Pachinko Pokémon flyer with the song blaring out of speakers every time I turn a street corner.
@Background Pony #0B34
@malphigus
I recall a survey from almost a decade ago, but honestly can’t remember specifics. There’s been nothing recent, as far as I can recall.
I remember that. I think it was more about why we are fans, or how we became fans, and what our favorite pony was and stuff like that. There was another one way back when pony was still allowed on /b/ where some psychologist was trying to decode why watching the show helped people correct undesirable behaviors or rely less on meds. Lots of folks with depression were showing up who’d gotten off their meds because of the show.
I think Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell did a good job explaining why this might be happening - loneliness. Loneliness is a purely subjective personal experience - if you feel lonely you are lonely. But more than just being a personal issue, it is an actual physical illness that is deeply tied to many of the problems that people have today. It’s a bodily function like hunger. Loneliness makes you pay attention to your social needs, because it’s a part of how we evolved to survive.
Something about My Little Pony Friendship is Magic provided a virtual group of friends - not just the ponies themselves, but the community that grew around them.
That was an interesting study. I wish I could find it now.
How are you mods enjoying MYM Chapter 2? Find it interesting?
I’ll be very honest - I haven’t watched it much. I am a little worried that it will “not work” for me. I don’t want to find out that I don’t like it.
That said, I really enjoyed the movie. A lot. I bought a copy of it just to send Hasbro a thumbs up so they’ll make more.
But the shows themselves? Not much.
I think I will like it though, because I am super loving the fanwork that is coming out of it. The palettes (with a couple exceptions) are bright and clever and just as well composed as FiM was, and I am really a fan of pic related.
Have you ever read any short stories and do you have any favorites?
My favorite short story of all time is still The Puppet Masters by Robert A. Heinlein from 1951. There was also a movie made from the book.
thumb
The story is allegorical of the second “Red Scare” in America, laden with tons of paranoia, fear, and suspicion because anyone around you could be mind controlled. Anyone.
It reaches a point in the story where everyone has to walk around naked, but even that didn’t work because the aliens were able to hide in something as small as a purse or a backpack or a briefcase.
Today it is, in fact, a proper novel. But it was originally serialized in Galaxy Science Fiction, and that’s where I first encountered it - reading the old moldering copies my parents had in the attic.
thumb
So, for me, my memory of the story is that it’s a short story. Somehow in my brain, I remember “holding” this book and it was only, like, at most 25 to 40 pages.
But that’s just because I’m remembering the zine I read it in.
I feel kind of the same way about Deathworld. The first book is not a long book, but the story goes on and on and on. It’s a rip-roaring read.
Right now I’m reading Perry Rhodan. It’s a serialized story which was ostensibly an inspiration in the original Star Wars - tons of ships fighting each other in space, vast empires doing battle; some good, some evil.
thumb
By issue 31 they were coming out two books a month, and each one of them reads exactly like you’re watching a Buck Rogers serial - every chapter starts with a summary of what the story is about this time, and they always end with a cliffhanger and a paragraph telling you how many more short stories you have to read to get to the next battle or something like that.
They are not stellar. But they are pretty gosh darned good, and can fill the time if you’re waiting for your car to get new tires on it.
I picked up a hundred of them at my local Half Price Books for only … well, not much money. So I’m all set for the winter I think.
What short stories have you read lately, or which do you prefer?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Apropos nothing, this is Brandy. He’s a rescue that just moved into the stable where I ride.
He likes carrots, apples, and boops.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Lil_VampireCJ
He is really a cutie ^_^
This is who I’m riding right now; River. River is a friend’s horse, who is also a rescue. Archie is part Percheron so he’s a little cold blooded, but River is half Thoroughbred, so he’s a lot more like a sports car.
small
With River all I have to do is think something and he does it. Which is the main problem I’m having with him right now. On one hand, River is kind of a dream come true. I literally can just give him a squeeze with my legs and he’ll walk off, and turning is as easy as just twisting my hips the way I want to go. But at the same time if I lose concentration then he’ll walk straight into a fence.
Archie is such a bulldozer that I could be having sex in the saddle with three people and he wouldn’t notice. But with River if I wiggle my right ankle because it’s stiff he thinks I want him to do laterals.
So … great for dressage, but not so great for trail riding ^_^
Lil_VampireCJ
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Lil_VampireCJ
Awh bless, I rly wish the shelter I used to work with/at was closer to where I live currently, sadly theres no nearby shelter apart from a small Zoo. I miss all the babies I used to cater to & help. ;-;
This is who I’m riding right now; River. River is a friend’s horse, who is also a rescue. Archie is part Percheron so he’s a little cold blooded, but River is half Thoroughbred, so he’s a lot more like a sports car.
Your image failed to generate but that sounds nice. TBs are quite common but mostly are mixed with usually QH, Cob, etc. TBs are good & easy going horses, they are very good for racing, western sports & dressage hence why they are always commonly selected for the official race days; TBs are very wholesome & often are either cheeky or pure gold/people pleasers.
I haven’t really ridden or dealt with a Percheron before but I do believe I’ve at least seen some of them in the country shows; especially for driving. However I have dealt mostly with Suffolk Punches, Suffolk Punch Mix Cob, LightWeight Cob, Midweight Cob, heavy weight cob, TB, QH, any/most pony breeds & more. My dream horse I’ve always wanted to adopt/own/care for at a rescue would definitely have to me the Fjord or at least the opportunity to ride, care or pet/boop one. I absolutely love Fjords for their History for how long they’ve been around as well as their size, perfect horse for me as they’re Medium/Small(Pony-size sort of) & I am quite light/small. :>
With River all I have to do is think something and he does it. Which is the main problem I’m having with him right now. On one hand, River is kind of a dream come true. I literally can just give him a squeeze with my legs and he’ll walk off, and turning is as easy as just twisting my hips the way I want to go. But at the same time if I lose concentration then he’ll walk straight into a fence.
Yeah, sounds about right for some horses, some horses do like to zone out/doze off too while walking, standing & stuff, especially if they’re elder or just a sleepy boi. I had a Pony who was like that. She was called Holly, she unfortunately passed away back in 2018 from age but she was a very dopey girl but I absolutely loved her bc she was like a tank.
Archie is such a bulldozer that I could be having sex in the saddle with three people and he wouldn’t notice. But with River if I wiggle my right ankle because it’s stiff he thinks I want him to do laterals.
So … great for dressage, but not so great for trail riding _
Hahaha, he must be really tame then if he doesn’t care at all what you do in the saddle! XP
I’ve never had a horse who isn’t good at trial rides apart from the flighty ones which I can’t really count as they’d be like that first-time for anything & need time/training to adjust to it and be used to it.
Jaredking779
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
I have two questions for you mods this time:
  1. How do you mods feel about Brotherhooves Social, at a scale from 1-10?
  2. Which new favorite pony from Brotherhooves Social do you mods like the most?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide