Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FredMSloniker
The simple answer is “don’t worry about it”.
The long answer is that it is hard to say - each one is a case-by-case situation, and sometimes they can be kind of complex. So, I don’t know. Ever since the My Little Pony Movie was leaked, we’ve had to be more careful with audio. Images are mostly fine because Hasbro encourages the fandom. But audio, including voice actors, goes through different organizations, like RIAA and ASCAP. Even if Hasbro doesn’t care, there’s regulatory bodies that do.
It really depends on the source of the audio, whether it is licensed or freely distributed … and we don’t really have exacting metrics to apply to say something is definitely a problem, or if it’s ok. There’s lots of variables.
Basically, if Hasbro or one of their licensees publicly released it, it’s fine. Like, if LionsGate released audio as a part of a commercial those are generally not a problem. But if not, then everything gets twisty.
I did check some of your other videos and they was fine … so, I wouldn’t worry about it. The rest are probably ok.
And, if it turns out any of them are something we can not host, that’s no mark against you.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FredMSloniker
I’m just hanging out right now browsing in bed before falling asleep, so I can’t really check to see how it was reported, but … yeah, while there are automated bots looking for licensed audio on the internet, they really are not any kind of concern unless it’s something like the leaked movie, or an actual product from Hasbro.
Audio, especially if there’s a voice actor involved, is very different from images.
I haven’t listened to that video that you uploaded so I don’t know what the specific problem was, other than the deletion reason.
Generally speaking, if it’s less than 10 seconds long we seem to be ok hosting it. But longer stuff, depending on what it is and who owns it, that’s more tricky.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FredMSloniker
Like I said, I haven’t listened to it, and I can’t access the report right now. But, who reported it or how it was noticed is immaterial, unless it was taken down by the copyright holder.
If it’s more than 10 seconds of some audio we can’t host, then we can’t host it.
But if you go to support on Discord there will be people who may be able to look up what happened and might be able to give you more info on it.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FredMSloniker
I don’t believe you have any way to search for it via the UI. Some staff can search for a profile’s uploads, and then view only the images in that set that were deleted. That’s how I found the one you were asking about.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Goku Black
New York, I guess. Not in the city proper, but a lot of the state is amazing and beautiful. The prices outside of the city are also shockingly low. And you’re still in the New York vibe.
Lotta traffic all the time, though. And fucktons of people.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Actually, a lot. And periodically it’s been discussed - you can find more in the Site & Policy forum by searching for … ‘upvotes’ I guess? Or ‘upvote comment’ maybe?
Admittedly, there’s been some comments I instantly wished I could upvote.
But, then this place would be more like Facebook than I’d like, and before you know it people would be ‘awarding’ each other Derpys or something.
I’m not opposed to it happening, but for me - and this is just me - I think the focus should remain on the images, the work of the artists, rather than on the comments on their art.
Lil_VampireCJ
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Lil_VampireCJ
I know a good one; Don’t use Netflix for captures as they blank screen it. Stick to using full episodes on YouTube & also make sure you can at least get the quality to 1080p or greater, use theater mode by pressing “T” and use snipping tool. :)
If you can get away with using Full Screen mode too for captures/Snipping tool, go for it! Also do not forget to keep your mouse hovered off the screen or the UI will get in the way.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Elidiotadelaesquina
Killing animals. I grew up on a farm, hunting every fall and winter. Killing and butchering was just what happened.
Now I prefer to see animals in the wild, and live trap if at all possible. And aside from fish am mostly vegetarian.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Hey I know it was a minor mixup because of the fact that a edit that I posted looked the same and had the similar file type so when I upload the gif this time. I’ll put in the description the difference. Can i be able to reupload it please
because right now it won’t let me. Thank u and have a good day.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CORDZ2000
The artist:clefficia image? I think it was imageID 2952967 … I’ve cleared the hash so you should be able to re-upload it, but a better solution might be to go to Support on Discord and get someone to undo the duplicate merge.
@Elidiotadelaesquina
Sorry, as I was typing it I thought it might be a bit of a grizzly answer. But it is really close to my heart this time of year, what with the harvest starting to kick into gear.
@CORDZ2000
My folks spent most of their lives trying to get out of the woods and into the town. They were the first in their families to get college degrees and hold white collar jobs, and I feel like I’m still somehow following their arc.
Like, last night I got my father’s arrows out of the attic and converted them from broad head deer arrows to target arrows. It felt somehow like reclaiming a piece of the past. Making it less about killing to survive.
The funny thing is that I’d kind of made them some sort of incredible artifact in my memory. They meant so much to him that I never got rid of them or gave them away, but at the same time never used them because of their glued on razor tip heads. So they just sat up there in their cardboard box. Somehow though I remembered them being so much better than they actually were, like something mythic.
But in fact when I got them out and looked at them, they were just simple wood arrows. The glue holding on the heads had mostly failed and the fletching are all worn and scraggy. They might not even last very long as target arrows, but it will be nice to use them as long as they last.
I do miss hunting with him, a lot. But now when I go hunting in the fall I take a novel. And when I shoot it’s just for fun at targets.
I’m really lucky they were my parents. Most of my cousins are still living pretty hard lives and are still very much tied to the land.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide