Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Shimmering Spectacle
Nothing like that is baked into the site, but I hear that you can do it via thinks like ad blockers or scripts to block any entities with their name in it.
In general, though, if someone is being enough of a problem that people are blocking them it might mean they’re breaking rules, so we’d rather talk to them and with get them to amend their behavior, or ban them from the site.
2LDR if they’re being an asshole to your harassing or stalking you, they might be causing other problems, so please report them.
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
@Ciaran
well i did the report part and nothing had happened, so i dmed them and told warned them to not reply to any of my comments, I’m honestly done with his obsession over a fictional character
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
@phoenixacezero
You mean putting the egg, shell and all, in the same water as your pasta? I’m really not sure this is sanitary, I’d advise against it. Even if boiling water disinfects, you could still have some feces residue on the shell, not the best toping for your noodles.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@ArmadilloEater
You can wash the egg before chucking it in, same as any veggie.
Also, what sort of food regulation does your country have where it’s okay for retailers to sell poopy eggs?? Isn’t that a massive salmonella risk?
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@saby
Europe. Europe sells eggs with poop (and feathers) on the shell. They have a shelf life of months, and salmonella is still very rare (and frankly, I blame the French and their penchance for eating pig anus for most cases…)
There is also no real concept of “rotten eggs” here; it’s a popular thing in the US because eggs are chemically treated to the point the shell becomes weak and air/contaminants can get through and rot the thing in a week.
People just learn to look at each egg they’re going to crack and act accordingly.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Mildgyth
Ah, but there’s microscopic fecal matter everywhere. If an egg is visually clean, the amount of chicken poop on the shell is negligible, and you’re not going to lick the shell as is, you’re going to immerse the whole egg in boiling water.
@TheGamerPainter
If there is one, we haven’t found it yet.
@Archonix
If it floats vertically with just a small bit above water, it’s still very likelyfine. If it floats like a cork it’s very likely bad.

In an unrelated note, I find it nostalgic that staff is congregating to debate eggs. Again. 0:3
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Have you ever been on TV?
Yes. But only in Canada, the UK, and Japan. A lot in Japan, but only in print and broadcast industry related stuff. Plus I appear very, very briefly in the background of “The Net” because they filmed at the 1994 MacWorld Expo in the Mascone Center near our booth (we were right next to the main entrance - cherry spot). One of my coworkers broke it down, and I think you can see us in 5 frames, but you can’t make out any faces because it was a panning shot. We had to sign releases to work the floor that day though, and for the general public just walking into the center was “assumed consent”. I was also an extra in the background of a scene on Babylon 5 because the place I worked for, by which I mean me, printed a lot of what looks like TV screens on the show. I was using it to test a new media that we wanted to start selling, but it was still kind of unreliable - sometimes the media just melted. So I was there making sure our shit worked, because the last batch of our shit just melted because the combination of the super bright stage lights, plus the super hot backlights which were required to make the prints ‘sell’ as screens, was way beyond anything we’d ever imagined the film we were printing on would have to survive. So I brought more ‘new and improved - less melty!’ shit using some stuff that was too opaque for anyone else, but it turned out that was the sweet spot for all the heat these had to take on set. When I was done they were doing a scene and needed extras. Of course, that scene got cut, but it was fun to at least stand around with the rest of the extras. It was like being at the Ren Fest, but in space. Not even sure what was the real focus of that scene was, it all happened pretty fast and seemed to only involve a few establishing shots. Maybe G’Kar was meeting someone at the other end of the set and then they moved to another scene. Maybe they just needed a shot of a crowded bazaar and grabbed whomever they could. Whatever it was the whole shoot was about 20 minutes of film then everyone went on to do their next thing. I didn’t have much makeup on, was just standing next to a vendor holding a string of beads and looking at them with a funny hat on.
Anyway, those backlit signs and all the monitors and stuff?
We didn’t even know they were using our printers for it until we got a bug report and the attached file was basically one of the screens like over Ivanova’s head in this shot:
When we realized what we were looking at, the response in the R&D bay was basically:
Getting that image to render and print right, and getting it to stand up to having bright lights behind it AND in front of it, became Job Number One for the whole building.
Fuck your emergency requests - THIS WAS FOR BABYLON 5!
DisplayMaker® Pro, baby. Backlit signs up to 3’ wide and 50’ long. Our patented Big Ink Delivery System increased the ink capacity of the printer to 250 representative 2x3-foot full coverage images for indoor and outdoor applications per pack. Need TV screens or backlit signage for your set? Just print off as many of them as you need on a giant roll and Bob’s yer uncle.
Now with less melting, and available with six colors. Or eight. Maybe 12 by now, I don’t work there any more and we got bought like three times in a row before it became ColorMark.
Which pissed me off. Mark and I were the test leads on the color calibration, and I wanted it to be ColorKey (aka Ciaran) but Mark won because more letters are better, I guess.
After I left there, everything I was doing for TV was more behind the scenes - rendering and post processing. Like I was sr arc on the rendering farm for X-Men and (clears throat):

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

That jeep, man. That jeep was love.
The only time I’ve ever seen my coworkers cry - I mean really cry. Like, reduced to sobbing wrecks. Was when the jeep gets destroyed. We saw the frames coming off of the farm where the jeep jumps the rail and falls, and we were cheering and cheering for it to make it, and then it hits and we see … the end. Just; the end of all things beautiful and worthy in life. We had to take the rest of the night off. We put an intern in the chair and went out and drank until we couldn’t cry any more.
That jeep, man. They say the best of us die young, and sometimes it’s true.
But it will never be forgotten. Nevar.
You know I do this just because I love you, right?
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
@Shimmering Spectacle
Nothing like that is baked into the site, but I hear that you can do it via thinks like ad blockers or scripts to block any entities with their name in it.
In general, though, if someone is being enough of a problem that people are blocking them it might mean they’re breaking rules, so we’d rather talk to them and with get them to amend their behavior, or ban them from the site.
2LDR if they’re being an asshole to your harassing or stalking you, they might be causing other problems, so please report them.
Just quick question but what does 2LDR mean? I’ve seen the similar “TL;DR” too but I don’t know what either of those mean :o
If you could clarify that would be appreciated :)
Also agree with what you said here.
You know I do this just because I love you, right?
Love this statement very much ^w^
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
I used to have to put an executive summary on the top of everything I wrote. At most two paragraphs that summarize the document.
Even if it was a 90 page design document.
Like - if the Apollo Program was summarized, in its entirety, as “Go to moon, get rock.
Ok that makes a lot of sense :D thanks :3
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide