Ask the mods anything

Background Pony #87CD
What’s the meaning of life moderation?
What changed for you guys when you become a moderator? Did you see Derpibooru differently the moment you got assigned your shing ‘4chan Site moderator’ official title?
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
scoffs in Ordo Hermeticus Aurorae Aureae
I mean, my dad was. But they seem too much like the local rotary or the legion.
Also it’s kind of a sausage party.
How about you?
Sausage party.
Now I’m imagining some bouncer guy with a cloak being all like
Also, how do you know that alien is not a girl? A very male looking spy girl in a sea of sausages?
No ban please have mercy on my poor troubled soul D:
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@TheGamerPainter
In the early days (2012, even 2013) it wasn’t rare to see Phusion Passenger (a web server software) error pages instead of ponies, when we regularly overloaded the poor site.
And during our exodus in June 2012, the site was very creaky for weeks.
And then there’s The Great Downtime of 2013, but that wasn’t caused by Derpi’s staff, it was the hoster’s fault.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@TheGamerPainter
In the early days (2012, even 2013) it wasn’t rare to see Phusion Passenger (a web server software) error pages instead of ponies, when we regularly overloaded the poor site.
And during our exodus in June 2012, the site was very creaky for weeks.
And then there’s The Great Downtime of 2013, but that wasn’t caused by Derpi’s staff, it was the hoster’s fault.
That’s pretty interesting :o
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Which name do you think sounds better to describe animal plush toys with angel-like wings?
between Fluffal or Furnimal?
Also what name do you think sounds better to describe a destroyed plush toy that have been re-fabricated with tools or weapons inside them, giving them a more demonic and terrifying appearance
Frightfur or Death-Toy?
Also gimme a number between 0 and 334 plz
Deadname9847

fkavfidgejsj
I’ve reported some of my comments for removal a couple days ago but nothing has happened, is this a glitch or is there a reason for this?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Deadname9847
Ok, wrong thread for this, but … I have a couple thoughts.
First, we have to remove each post by hand, so we rarely take down more than a handful of comments at a time.
Second, even if we delete your comment for commenter's request it still shows that you commented. Plus, any comment replying to you is still on the site (unless it’s somehow rule breaking).
So deleting comments doesn’t really do anything except hide the content of your comment - replies to you that quote you still exist, as do replies to you, and your pseudonym still shows up as having commented on the image.
Your comments don’t disappear, it just leaves a tomestone where you had commented.
Third, you have thousands of other posts. So, we’re not going to remove all of your comments. That’s not going to happen.
Fourth, you’ve changed your name so none of your remaining comments personally identify you.
And last but not least …
Reply to the PM I sent you almost a month ago and let me know if you want to be wiped. Cause it really feels like what you want is a wipe.
@Sparx
I just call all my plushes Buddy.
Unless it’s the Absolute Destiny Apocalypse. She is always the Absolute Destiny Apocalypse.
Re: your request:
Background Pony #87CD
There’s another thread, called ‘Ask the mods important questions’, which is for site- related things, like deleting comments, asking for reports, dupes, how the site works, spoilers, bugs (Not Chrysalis), etcétera.
This is, on the other hand, a chill out thread, where people can just ask whatever they feel like to the mods. Think of it as a friendly chat room.
I guess they need separate thread to ‘segregate’ or ‘organize’ the important questions related to site functionality from the questions that are more like ‘How many cats do you have?’. And it’s advisable to post site related questions in the ‘Ask the mods important questions’ thread since a mod might not see it thinking it’s a random question.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
between Fluffal or Furnimal?
I really cannot decide between “fluffy offal” or “furniture/furnace animal”.
Frightfur or Death-Toy?
Frightfur wins for me.
Also gimme a number between 0 and 334 plz
…11…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide