Ask the mods anything

Background Pony #502A
Can people indentify you or your location if you send a photo from your gallery, in this case an Samsung Note 8 (which uses Android)?
Is it possible to be on Discord without to be just an observer and not participate in any conversations?
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #502A
Derpi removes GPS (and other) exif data from uploaded images. That said if your photo is showing a street sign or the like, well…
95% of the people on discord don’t say a word. It’s the same for any chat server, forum, site, etc.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #502A
The image has to be hosted on the web someplace to insert it into a comment or post, so first upload the image someplace that will host the image on the web, like Imgur.com, and then insert it into the comment or post using this site’s syntax (there’s a button for adding images in the header of the text block where you create the comment):
![](URL to image goes here)
If you Quote a comment or post that has an image in it, you’ll be able to see in the reply composition window how it works.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Some of the most fun I’ve ever had in school was at art school.
This one time? At art school?
Anyway, yeah - I highly recommend it. It’s a fantastic way to get really inexpensive access to super high end equipment, like 24” x 48” scanners and all the video production equipment you can eat, and get some great contacts for after you graduate or just fuck off to whatever you do afterwards.
I went to MCAD for awhile - Minnesota College of Arts and Design - https://www.mcad.edu - it’s small enough that it doesn’t have too big a rod up it’s ass, and yet big enough that it gets some pretty fascinating teachers from time to time.
Like, Scott McCloud pre-flights his MIT curriculum at MCAD to work the bugs out of it. So you get an 8-hour a day, 5-day long class with just you, him, and maybe 10 other students where you spend the whole week talking cartoons and playing with art supplies in giant rooms entirely devoted to drawing and telling stories.
Plus, Minneapolis Minnesnowta has some cool shit going on. Like First Avenue and Prince’s studio and enough microbreweries that you don’t have to drink the same beer twice the whole time you’re there. And skyways - those are cool.
Personally, I don’t know if an art degree in and of itself is useful. But I am a firm believer that taking art classes absolutely is.
No matter what you are doing in life, being able to express yourself, communicate with others through your words, your writing, your art - that stuff is always useful. And grinding a bunch of art classes can really level up that skill.
You’ll never be afraid to stand in front of a white board again.
This was, in fact, the final version of the workflow for a ETL for $2.6B in assets. And blowing my own horn, I think it’s one of the few times that everyone understood the game plan completely and thoroughly. We did, in fact, GRAND AND GLORIOUS with only minimal moose.
Art. It can help you express yourself. Even when you don’t want to.
Fireheart76
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Rubber Prince
Hello!
I had a question I was hoping for some help with. I have recently been working on my own little story AU and I commissioned some suit designs that are specific to that world. On the refs for these suits, the artist noted that the designs are closed and belong to me. I have some concerns about people using, modifying and posting my designs even though they are clearly marked as a closed design on the original image.
Is there any way I can do a DNP of my suit designs? Or a way to protect my ideas and designs on this site?
Thank you so much for your help and have a lovely day.
🧡
Fireheart76
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Fireheart76
It’s not really the thread for that kind of question, but there’s more info about that subject on this page. That page talks about takedowns, which is effectively what you are trying to pre-emptively do with your ‘Do Not Post’. On this site, the way we handle that is with copyright, which is usually tied to the artist tag. So, whomever owns the copyright of the work gets to say what happens, and if you are not the artist you don’t even have access to the Do Not Post user interface. So, if the artist isn’t signing over to you the copyright of their work, then their rights are reserved. However, if you have a trademark, salesmark, the artist is signing over to you the copyright, or you otherwise have some sort of internationally recognized (at least, recognized in the EU) exclusive rights to the designs themselves, then provide that information in a report of one of the images you are trying to protect and someone from staff will contact you to discuss the details.
But, again, this is the fun hangout, and these kinds of questions are rarely “fun”.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I’m so jealous of others that they have avatars while I’m just a simple silhouette of a mare no less.😤
But seriously, I would like to have an actual avatar. Any ideas of what I could place there?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide