Ask the mods anything

Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #91Z0  
The duplicate has already been reported and someone will look at it.

The difference between them seems to be the sizes of the images, and the formats. One is JPG the other is PNG.

@Background Pony #91Z0  
There’s no rule about having two different versions of the same images. But we do have a process to try to sort out “which is better to host”, and we have hosted two images that are otherwise identical because sometimes having more formats is convenient. For example, we sometimes keep the GIF version of a WEBM, etc.

Also, this isn’t really the thread for support issues. This is more of the ‘hangout spot’ for staff. For real problems please use reports, one of our support forums (listed on the Contact page on the footer of the site) or use the Site & Policy forum.

Because all you’re going to get here is staff who are just hanging out and - for myself at least - aren’t even logged into staff tools because we’re off duty and just browsing the pones.

ITT:

Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
Actually, please don’t. It has more than 10 seconds of official audio.

But, in general, download it and convert it to a WEBM and then upload it. Or, use some web service to either download it from YouTube as a webm, or convert it without downloading it via a web service - although a lot of those have some cost involved.
Ack_Attack
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Goddamnit
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Gon steal this from the mods/admin, so pardon the intrusion (Waaah!)  
its like the better version of chat rooms of various topics, clans/guilds/alliances of certain games, or a place to just gather and try to connect with people. Everyone in it are asses, but you’ll find some channels where they’re more on your personal level and you can still have conversations with them.  
Its a lot more organized than a lot of forums are, as usually servers sort out what topic belongs where, such as gaming, film talk, voice chat channels, video posting, memes, etc.  
You’re very likely to find plenty of rooms to the point you have to filter which you’re attending and which you can let go.  
Also you’re likely to get an answer on something much sooner than waiting in a forum. And if there’s something important (sometimes varies from “i want attention” to “this server is about to be affected”) you’re pinged and told about it instantly rather than having to go to the forum website and then be told about it.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
It means your co-workers optionally can see what game you’re playing while you’re supposed to be at work.

Bonus! If you are NOT at work and just playing games with friends, your co-workers and clients can see that you’re ignoring them!

full
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
What’s the charge for Squeaking the Pip without Luna’s permission?

“Squeaking the Pip” is not a sexual innuendo btw.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide