Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@TheGamerPainter
Mai kitchen. I go in there, bribe the refrigerator daemon for a pound or two of the old bloody, chop up some onions and get ‘em in there, then while that’s on the fire I slice open an old carton of spoilt milk and roll out the creamy contents with a spare tire and let it sit for a bit tah air out the stink a bit. Then whilst that’s underway I grab some buns from me mum’s keepah and slice ’em up nice an thin.
When the burger’s nice and done throw the sliced bun intah the pan tah soak up the grease and getta nice crisp on, a little assembly, and bang yer done.
Serve with a fresh lager and it’s a gud ’un.
An don’t ferget tah feed the dragon under tha sink while yer in there.
Posted Report
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@FliegerFaustToP47
It doesn’t have any special comments on the tag page so it’s probably not supposed to be an especially forbidden tag.
However there should be no need to use it. We have oc only which applies whenever an image has 1 or more oc and no canon characters. “Solo, oc only” or even “solo, oc” cover all possible use cases I can think of for what “solo oc” could be used for.
Posted Report
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Zaknel
AFAIK a tag can only be aliased into one tag. I’ll ask around. In any case, the tag should not bug up uploads like this.
Posted Report
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@saby
You’re right. A tag may have multiple implications, and one tag can be the destination of many other individual tags.
But aliasing is one-to-one.
There’s no way to alias “solo,oc only” into something else. You can only alias each individual tag into one and only one other tag. And the destination may not itself alias to something else.
So, if you have A -> B and X -> Y and you want to alias B -> Y you must remov aliases until you have A and B as standalone tags with no aliases. Then you rate the aliases A -> Y and B-> Y. Then you get A -> Y and B -> Y and X -> Y.
To do what is being described you’d need the functionality to create (A && B) -> Y.
It’s not impossible to create that functionality, but no one has. If anyone does, it might lead to some weird spaghetti.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@JP
Ah. Thank you - the tag at least exists so I’ll see if I can populate it with at least a description so it shows at least as a blacklisted tag up in simple searches.
There. solo oc. Now at least people can find out what’s happening by looking at the tag.
I’ll look into getting similar descriptions on the other blacklisted tags.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Laß mich sterben
Thank you! You guys rock. I was wondering what was going on and if my computer was acting weird of I ran out of data. xP. Poor, poor tags that were all deleted because of the blacklisted tag, ripperoni, rest in spaghetti never forgetti.
Also… on a different note… I’m uploading several vector arts, but I’m not exactly sure if they’re from VectorVito (A DNP artist). It is fine if I ask you guys to check? Because I don’t know how to differentiate vector artists and attempting to use the Reverse search gives nothing, especially because where I downloaded it doesn’t have more data (Like, for instance: Moss_Moon.jpeg. One that I’m about to upload, it doesn’t say artist or anything)
And I really wouldn’t like to cause issues or be mean and break the rules, so plz, help would be appreciated >.<’
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FliegerFaustToP47
Thank you for your kind words :)
I’d suggest just tagging them as “artist needed” for now, and describe who you think they might be in a comment, asking anyone who knows to update the tag.
Posted Report
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@moonchosen
Off the top of my head, I know Noupu has been featured a bunch.
I tend to put much lower priority on voting for already featured artists. There are so many great artists deserving of features as is.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Out of curiosity:
When you merge two images, what happens to the likes, downvotes and faves? Do they multiply or do they just remain as whatever image ends up being the final one?
What’s the point of the ‘anonymous’ box next to the post button if posting post normally and anonymously is frowned down upon. Even if not used for bad reasons like creating, or picking sides in an argument?
When two separate users post the same image by mistake and they get merged. Does the upload counter still count the merged image on both accounts?
Why does the upload counter on our accounts still count deleted images?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide