Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
The communities can be incredibly different between them, and that can really make a big difference.
Like, the difference between volunteering at a fan convention focusing on a single show, versus a fan convention for All Science Fiction Literature.
At the convention devoted to a single show, you might have a lot of adults, but they tend to be accompanying kids or are a level of fan where they are appreciating things in very different ways - like taking the talent out for trips to the local stores or drinking or shopping the artist alley and meeting their favorite artists. Plus everyone there is there for one reason: that show.
And at the All Science Fiction Literature, it’s the adults by themselves, because they want to talk to their favorite authors. And instead of being a single show in a single genre, it’s all genres and all possible shows, novels, themes - it’s a very different crowd.
The main difference for the web seems to be that the access is completely different. Kids arrive without their parents, and instead of waiting in line to talk to your favorite author you just send them a private message or chat with them publicly on the forums. Plus you can dial into exactly the thing you’re there for, whether it’s a specific artist, or a specific theme regardless of who wrote it.
And, as staff, one of the biggest differences between an in-person convention and the web is that you have no idea the age of the person you are talking to. They might be 8. They might be 80. What will help one might confuse or even insult the other.
Sorry - got distracted and lost track of what you asked.
No, once you’ve been moderating for a couple of years and have learned how to avoid burnout, doing two sites instead of one actually feels kind of a like a relief.
It’s like being a sys admin. Once you’re comfortable with the role, adding another site is just another set of parameters.
Posted Report
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
What did everyone get for Christmas?
Joy, love, and happiness!
Joy and love in the form of a new kitten that showed up in the middle of a snowstorm where we got almost 18” of snow and immediately adopted us. Her name is Willow.
And happiness in the form of two fantastic new sweaters which are going to be all that I wear at work for at least a month. One from “The Dragon Prince” and the other from “The Owl House”.
thumb thumb
I’m wearing the hot brown morning potion shirt now. And desperately needing more hot brown morning potion. BBL getting more hot brown morning potion.
Posted Report
14Fan
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Would you like AM OR FM
What’s a sport that produces controversy that you enjoy but other HATE? Mine is Motorsports, specifically MASCAR.
Posted Report
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@TheGamerPainter
Only because I like to watch things I like. But it’s insane. I’ve got Paramount just because I want to be able to see Lower Decks and Brave New Worlds. There is nothing else on the entire service that I can be bothered to even turn on.
And if I want to watch Owl House’s last season, or any of the StarWars series, of course I need to sign up for Disney Freaking Plus. But there is nothing else on that platform I have any interest in.
And RWBY is on Rooster Teeth’s proprietary service.
It’s like I have to subscribe to, and install, an entirely different streaming app for each show I like. And there’s only one or two things on it that I even want to look at.
But, that’s like it used to be with satellite. If you wanted to see Babylon 5, you had to get the SciFi channel, or you had to wait for the DVDs.
So here we are - in almost exactly the same shitty situation we were when DVD was a word anyone ever used.
Dark timeline confirmed.
@LightningBolt
Very much this.
@TheGamerPainter
That sounds like a good deal. I’m glad you’ve got a bundle that works for you.
TheGamerPainter
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

OC maker
@Ciaran
It does, in fact, my cable box in my own bedroom been f-ing up a lot every month and told my mom “it’s happening again and was like “Here you go! When the new years start I’m going to return the box!” And thus I can now watch everything from the comfort of my bed with a have to go to the app activation site and input the code that’s on the tv and then the cable provider (I have Optimum, to be exact) and log in my account there to proceed.
Is it easy? well, of course.
Was it worth it switching to Roku? Hell Yeah, no more channels not working right or endless reboot screens!
Why am I not telling this story on the vent thread? Well unless someone tells to move the story over there I will gladly do that.
Posted Report
Lil_VampireCJ
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Lil_VampireCJ
No but I love those ghost hunting shows
Physically dealing with paranormal activity is funner. :’)
You’ve seen ghosts before?
Yup a few times, my current house I am living in I’ve experienced mild-paranormal activity, but only from strictly one part of the house(its a big house + house thats been around since the 1800s.) I don’t publicly make content off or post my experiences though.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide