Ask the mods anything

Background Pony #737E
I have a question about the GDPR wipe
I understand my username would be changed into “deactivated” with random numbers & letters. But my question is if this will effect replies to my comments, will the mentions be changed to this new title pr will it still remain my original (or even old) username?
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
We’ve been answering the same questions for you over and over, both publicly and in private, for almost a year. The answers aren’t going to change.
Just reply to my PM to you with the word “Yes” and you will get your wish.
And stop trying to appear to be more than one person in the same thread.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Can I put my Harrison Ford meme about Starlight and Discord back now? I’ve seen so many memes on this site that supposedly break Rule #3 are still here. If there really isn’t obligatory pony in that, I guess Starlight isn’t a pony.
Is it really because having negative opinions about Discord is illegal?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Wayneponeth
No. Others breaking rules is not reason to break rules yourself. Site staff has limited energy and time to expend volunteering here, and there’s plenty to do every day without needing to go look for it. If you find something that breaks a site rule, report it.
Background Pony #3F29
On that note:
Have you considered expanding the staff?
If this has been asked before, I’m sorry.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #3F29
New staff has been recruited multiple times. I myself am one of the newest set of recruits who entered the force half a year ago in late 2021. Expanding, per se, is a goal worth vying for but a very challenging one. Enforcing rules fairly and consistently is hard enough on its own. Then there’s navigating the social, emotional, and sometimes even legal dimensions of site-user-content-thirdparty interactions and dealing with people with a wide range of different personalities, fluencies, cultures, temperaments, and idiosyncracies… Good candidates don’t simply grow on every bough. We’re lucky to more or less maintain the number of staff between recruits and retirements.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #3F29
@saby
There’s also the issue that bringing on more volunteers takes more time for the existing volunteers to manage.
With any organization, there’s a balance point where you have enough people to get the work done, but not so many that keeping it all coordinated becomes unmanageable.
It’s like when people bring on more developers to speed up a coding project. By the time the new coders are integrated and you’ve broken up the project so more coders will help, odds are you would have finished the project anyway. And at some point the new coders themselves create so much overhead to the project that all you’re doing is going to meetings now.
I think the term for it is the ‘Brooks’s law’ problem. 9 women can’t have a baby in 1 month.
In practice, bringing a new person on for DNPs took several days. Maybe weeks. In the same time I could have gotten a couple dozen or more DNPs done by myself. But in doing so we have two people who are kind of experts in the DNP process and can handle the most complex or messy DNPs, and we have documented the process so anyone on staff with the necessary tools can help.
Long term, it’s great. But short term it actually takes more time.
2LDR: Even after all the vetting is done, adding more people and getting them integrated and up to speed with the tools is itself a pretty big effort.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
Why is Ciaran so adorable?
Why is Ciaran so adorable?
Because she just is :D :3
Seriously though, one of the cutest pones around c:
I want to hug her.
You heard the moon, now do it!
Haha love that!😂😁
Background Pony #3F29
  1. No, hating Discord isn’t illegal.
  2. People can like both Starlight and Discord. You don’t have to like it, but you can ignore tags that have discord, or filter em.
  3. Thing is, People can like what they like, even when others don’t like it. If you don’t like discord, that’s fine, but expect discord fans to give you a lot of lip.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Ciaran
I know, I’m obnoxious but relax. I already have Discord and everything Discord related filtered so everyone can enjoy their little paradise without actually having to face any chaos in their life. :D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide