Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@TheGamerPainter
We make new assistants update it every night at midnight, it’s a great way to learn the tools and to find out if they have the advanced math skills necessary to keep this place oiled and flying smoothly.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
It may sound cool but it’s actually just a pragmatic measure to induce sleep deprivation in assistants so they gradually become crazier and eventually crazy enough to be demoted to mod.
@Background Pony #87CD
I used to not know what a “tulpa” is, but then I googled it and now I have some sort of idea.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Beauty and the Beast, no contest. Aladdin gets an honourable mention for being so very memetastic.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Does anybody know what a Tulpa is? I’ve heard the term quite frequently but I have no idea what it means
One way of thinking of Tulpas is when an author’s characters are so well developed, and have grown so much, that they start writing themselves. Sometimes even having arguments with the authors about what is happening in their story lines.
That’s Tulpa-like.
Personally, I like Walter Jon Williams’s take on Tulpas best, in their novel ‘Aristoi’.
(this link goes to the author’s own Amazon store, so if you buy it they get an extra bump)
In brief, the most effective people in society are those who can put their minds to more than one purpose. What we would see today as a multiple personality disorder they see as highly effective individuals capable of manifesting more than one unique personality at a time, each of which is able to do things independently of the primary personality.
Don’t want to work the math on a problem? Let your Tulpa do it. Want to work on project A but project B needs some progress? Have your Tulpa do it. Odds are you’ll wake up in the morning with the answer.
My Tulpa has a credit card and was invited to trade shows I never attended. She won the ‘Sales Person Of The Year’ for a company in France that I never talked to. She still gets invitations to their annual meeting. I always decline, because she’s ‘busy with other projects’, but even though she no longer works there they still remember her and wish she’d do some more work for them.
Today, she is mostly retired (she doesn’t like that word but I think it fits) and manages a radio station. I hardly ever pay any attention to it - she basically runs it herself. I like some of the music a lot, but her tastes in music range wider than mine do, and whenever we do a review of new songs it just results in a fight so I let her handle it. For all that I don’t entirely agree with what she’s doing, the station seems to be doing really well.
2LDR: She really REALLY likes Drum&Bass, and I’m more Prog Trance. Which she just reminded me is only disco with new shoes. But then, isn’t Drum&Bass just House with better speakers? See - like this. We could go all afternoon if I had the time and she wasn’t already busy with her own projects.
Some people call it their ‘muse’. I also have one of those, but it’s not so … chatty. Or opinionated.
Walter Jon Williams also wrote the incredibly nerd novel Knight Moves.
Pretty much one of the novels that helped me realize I was a furry, and a math-loving nerd.
Many of Walter Jon Williams books are heavy on the math, like Dread Empire’s Fall.
Much of the major plot of the series is about the math of space battles when you’re limited to subliminal ships, and what you can do when you have ships that can regularly and easily achieve continuous acceleration in space.
This is one of the series and authors that the makers of The Expanse leaned on to get a feeling for what fights in space would be like. And it has a lot to do with why there’s no ‘fighters’ in The Expanse and everyone depends on superfast missiles and close order kinetic energy weapons like PDCs.
2LDR: Missiles can go places fast and hard and achieve accelerations and survive G-forces that would reduce a human to jelly. Also gravity and distance are the real enemy when you’re at war in space.
Sorry for the derail - I just really love Walter Jon William’s work.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
Does anybody know what a Tulpa is? I’ve heard the term quite frequently but I have no idea what it means
One way of thinking of Tulpas is when an author’s characters are so well developed, and have grown so much, that they start writing themselves. Sometimes even having arguments with the authors about what is happening in their story lines.
That’s Tulpa-like.
Good tip for me to remember in case I decide to use this technique in my writing. Thanks Ciaran ^-^
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
It may sound cool but it’s actually just a pragmatic measure to induce sleep deprivation in assistants so they gradually become crazier and eventually crazy enough to be demoted to mod.
Oh wow wouldn’t have guessed that :o
but then that means I could be one since I stay up late most of the time ^o^ (did I not have a threshold with not being able to look at explicit stuff uncomfortably >~<)
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@moonchosen
It really was an accident. I was doing an online comic and she showed up. Then when I needed someone to do some commercial espionage to research a competitor that we were thinking of buying I let her write the job application and she got hired. And then a few months later I got her invitation to France for the ‘Salesperson Of The Year’ award. That’s part of how she got a phone and a credit card - she needed those for work.
Then she got invited to MacWorld and got sent a free badge - I had to pay for mine >__<
I think people think that she was at every party there that year. I spent the whole expo talking to clients and customers.
She still gets letters from time to time.
So … she was accidental. But very welcome.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ciaran
I’m a musical pleb. I do like Mercury and Jupiter from Gustav Holst along with all of The Planets suite.
Also I’ve always liked Mozart’s Turkish March and Beethoven’s Fur Elise since they sound so energetic and fun and Moonlight Sonata.
Yeah I’m pretty basic but I do want to get into more classical music.
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
Hey I just listened to the guy a few seconds ago when listening to Turkish March. I’ll check him out more.
Also I love the gorgeous effects this guy gives to his videos.
saby
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Ciaran
>sit back and write
unless you have a bitch ass stubborn little no-good sunnuva muffled belly-aching character who just REFUSES to do anything in a scene that should be the culmination of his dreams being fulfilled and also REFUSES to explain why so your entire project is on ice for the literal years it takes you to discover why
and yeah it makes sense in retrospect but you also want to just strangle the bastard
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Moonlight Sonata is my favorite movement, although Liebstratum (not sure that’s the correct spelling), Consolation No. 3, the Funeral March and Fantasie Impromptu are among some of my favorites, though I have quite a few. 🥰
I’m glad you enjoyed, his videos are amazing 😇
Learning the modern classic Nuvole Bianche from his video now 😊😁
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@saby
Sometimes those are the best.
I had to stop the car once when I realized what a character had been doing, because I was so mad.
I didn’t know.
Like when Roy Scheider’s character Heywood Floyd in 2010 The Year We Make Contact discovers why HAL had gone haywire and killed everyone in the crew - except for David Bowman. Even though he was the director for the flight.
Dr. Heywood Floyd : Those sons of bitches. I didn’t know. I didn’t know!
It is an infuriating moment when one of your characters out-thinks you. Enraging. Delicious. Wonderful.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide