Ask the mods anything

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Sparx  
In all sincerity, helping people. It’s really the only thing that has kept me working. And really, no matter what job I was doing, if it wasn’t helping people I didn’t want to do it. But I’m able to see “helping people” in things like installing a phone line, or driving a truck, or baling hay, or writing code, so it’s kind of easy to stay ‘in the zone’.

Five
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Sparx  
||  
It’s a good number. When support tells me I’m missing digits in the account number I just add 5’s until it works. And it often works.

full  
||
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
@Sparx  
Today I’m lucky enough to have the choice not to do things I don’t like, so I don’t.  
Those lucky enough to be able to make that choice, but don’t, are choosing to suffer (I’m looking at you, goddamn nerd).  
I used to be unable to make that choice, and I’ll never understand squandering that opportunity for peace of mind. It’s like winning the lottery, but choosing to stuff the money up your arse instead of using it to make yourself and others happy.

@Ciaran  
Ciaran confirmed satanist  
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@ArmadilloEater  
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬

Hey - Satanists are pretty cool. Eh protext religious freedom and doesnt afraid of anything.

I’m not a Satanist - just like being an anarchist there’s too many rules and you have to wear a uniform, so … no thank you.

I prefer drinking and party cults instead.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
Maaaaybe … but you have to get the chip in your head just like the rest of us.

@Background Pony #D82C  
Should be stores all over where you live that have them.

full

If not, try whichever branch of the Amazon monster is where you live?
Background Pony #E381
I dont know where i could write this so i figure this would do and i apologize if it’s a bit trivial but i sorta need to get it off my system. I dont know which one you mods was it but whoever he is he’s on a powertrip, i wrote a comment on this piece >>2650241 where i stated rather matter of factly that the presence of some elements on this piece reminded me of 2012 Tumblr and somehow one you misinterpreted those innocuous comments as some act of trollings and delete them as if i broke a rule or was being impolite.Whichever of you did this invoke Rule 4 over simple observations that were not meant as a criticism of the piece, you may think i make a mountain out of a molehill it’s more that i’m flabbergasted that such harmless comments warrant deletions in big red angry letter as if i wrote racial slurs or something  
For the record,i’ll rewrite for memory what i wrote it was probably something like: Homestuck logo and Pinkamena, that is Tumblr 2012 aesthetic alright”. How in the world do you misinterpret this as an attack of some sort on the artist when i was just making an observation ?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #E381  
Normally when people have questions about moderation we ask that they use one of the support forums listed on the Contact page, like our Discord, IRC, or the normal Site & Policy forum. This is more the ‘hanging out and bullshitting’ thread, and usually anyone on staff hanging out here is just … hanging out. Like me, right now, I’m not working I’m just looking at ponies.

But, I can try to help you with your question.

Your deleted comment said:

Homestuck logo and Pinkamena face, this is 2012-era Tumblr alright

Nothing about that comment is helpful for the artist, and reads very much like someone bitching about ‘Tumblr aesthetics on my Pone’. We get a lot of those kinds of comments - they’re very much along the same lines as people complaining about “Steven Universe” style art on images with characters with dark skin … things like that.

Basically, if you simply do not like the style the artist is working in, that’s fine - feel free to filter the artist or hide the image. But leaving a comment that you think the artist’s work is “2012-era Tumblr” (whatever that means to you) is both unhelpful and seems pretty rude.

Just to clarify, because you mentioned this, if you’d written a racial slur it would have been deleted for Rule #0 and you would have been banned, and we don’t have different colors for deleted comments - just the red ones. One color for everything.

Anyway, that’s just my read on it - looks like you were bitching about ‘tumblr artists’ or something. Maybe staff will reverse it. Maybe it should have been Rule #6 based on your post here. Maybe you meant it as a compliment (but it sure doesn’t read like one to me).

Your subsequent comment on that image though is very Rule #6 - fan art isn’t the place to talk about meta stuff like appealing moderation.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@CaptainXtra  
Yes. Not.

I am curious though why you believe that it would be. Maybe if you looked at a practical example of what the legislation does when the ‘rubber hits the road’, it might help you with your concerns. So far most of what you’ve posted seems to be worse case scenarios, but - without getting into the details and while fully agreeing that these kinds of legislation often make things worse rather than better - they rarely accomplish the kinds of sweeping world-changing alterations to reality that people fear they will.
ArmadilloEater

Administrator
French Taunter
@CaptainXtra  
Twilycorn meltdown.

T’was a silly time, people going absolutely insane over Twilight “outliving her friends” like it invalidates their whole relationships, like it will make Twilight go insane or whatever… As if most people won’t outlive their parents and many other people they love. That’s just a fact of life.

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
I hate whiskey with a fiery passion, and have a fridge full of my own home-made hot sauces.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide