Ask the mods anything

Background Pony #4753
this is actually the fun thread, not a serious thread.
Can we still ask a semi-serious question, though?

Because I’ve been curious, how does the current round of… troubles, let’s say, compare to some of the classic fandom controversies? I mean, are we talking on par with Derpy’s alteration in “The Last Roundup”? The alicorn Twilight reveal? Equestria Girls/Flash Sentry drama? Season 9 leaks and finale reactions? Some combination of those? Because it’s hard to tell at times whether everything is really on fire or not. I mean, thirty or forty of the same people arguing incessantly back and forth in the forums can certainly give the impression that everything is falling apart around us, but it could just as easily be the case that’s it’s mostly just them.

Sorry, I guess that is still a bit on the serious side. If you’d rather not answer it, you’re more than welcome to delete my question entirely.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor

Well, if you were off duty at a bar, and someone sat next to you and wanted to talk with you about work, what would you say?

You would probably say “Call the office, I’m having a beer.”

Because as much as those examples are other fandom squabbles, some of us have had to physically restrain fans trying to be violent to voice actors or writers at conventions, so … not funny, man. Not funny.

That whole Twilight Wings thing?

Seriously. Someone threw a fucking chair at M.A. Larson, and then on the way out the door dived for Nicole Oliver because ‘ruined everything!’.

Sooooo … excuse me while I go back to focusing on my beer.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Background Pony #4753  
Not a mod, but if it “helps”, this seems more like it’s an issue with the site rather then an issue with the fandom/show as a whole.

All those other incidents you mentioned had ALL the fandom talking, not just here but on the likes of /mlp/, twitter, tumblr, deviantart, furranity, and so on.

Meanwhile the stuff going on here is mainly focusing on this site, with some of twitter and /ml/ also taking part in it.

Vast majority of the fandom probably has no idea about all this drama going on, or even about this site at all.
PaskaNaakka
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

PM me Maud pics
Vast majority of the fandom probably has no idea about all this drama going on

I sure don’t, and i’m pretty happy for it. I guess it’s a nice side-effect of only using this site for its intended purpose, which is looking at and posting horse pictures
Background Pony #4753
Well, if you were off duty at a bar, and someone sat next to you and wanted to talk with you about work, what would you say?
Honestly? I’d probably say “Ok, what do you want to know?” But I admit I’m probably a special case in that regard.

At any rate I’m sorry for asking. You clearly said this was for fun, so I should have left it alone.

@icey wicey 1517  
All those other incidents you mentioned had ALL the fandom talking, not just here but on the likes of /mlp/, twitter, tumblr, deviantart, furranity, and so on.
Meanwhile the stuff going on here is mainly focusing on this site, with some of twitter and /ml/ also taking part in it.
I appreciate your opinion on the matter. I realize this isn’t quite the same situation as those other things, but I like do like having some idea of how they compare to each other. I’ve been there for all those other ones, so the metrics interest me.

@PaskaNaakka  
I guess it’s a nice side-effect of only using this site for its intended purpose, which is looking at and posting horse pictures
That sounds nice. If this site didn’t comprise 90-95% of my daily interaction with people, I’d probably do more of that too.

@Derpy Whooves  
@nerfherder
We’re not the worse. Live in Japan for awhile. Oh my gersh we are not the worse.
Well since I flubbed the other one, perhas this question will be a little more lighthearted. Do you have any fun stories related to your time in Japan that illustrate said point?
nerfherder

Dark lord of the sith
@NLTLF  
depends

if you mean flaming those children LITERALLY as in lighting them on fire… Then fair enough, that is the most morally depraved thing Ive ever heard of fan doing, and I concede

but if you just mean flaming them on the internet, as in starting a flame war, then no, Id still say that throwing chairs and attempting assault is just as bad
nerfherder

Dark lord of the sith
eh, nevermind all that. Thats not what this thread is for

fandom drama aside, may I see the legendary banhammer in all of its shimmering majestic glory?
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@pixel

That would be the best thread, mods, staff would actually know what the users clearly want. But it’s never been done, yet.

If I ran a site *one with that kind of communication being important to it, that’s what I’d do.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide