Ask the mods anything

Cyan Lightning
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Prodigy Unicorn
@GenericArchangel  
While we don’t send people to moon, we are building a portal to Equestria using negative energy as the stabilizer and the main source of the energy. Though the detail still classified, but tough luck with that NASA XD
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
In three and a half years, NASA sent 18 people to the moon, averaging about five per year. Has this site ever beaten that rate?

Real individual people or duplicate accounts belonging to one person?
ApplejackFan204
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Awesome dude
What would be the perfect screencap of Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle to use in an edited screencap of “Welcome to the 200,000’s club, Rainbow Dash”?
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
@Badheart  
Asking for medical advice on the internet is generally a bad idea. Asking on a site devoted to pictures of colorful talking ponies is somehow even worse.
Galestorm
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

Monocle Gentlesir
would you say that Teen Princess Cadance (in the flashback of her foalsitting/bondoing with Little Twilight) would be about 18?

I hope so, just out of curiousity that’s been eating me up for ages & her age back then (or any pony else) isn’t exactly clear.
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Monocle Gentlesir
@Derpy Whooves  
good question, it also isn’t exactly clear how the lifespan of the FiM ponies work.

so for the sake of it, let’s say 18 in human years (they intelligent so they probably do have our kind of lifespan), would she be about that age (or like early 20s)?
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Galestorm  
Why are you interested? Is it because you’re thinking that for the story’s sake she’s too old to be a baby sitter? Or because you’re worried she’s too young for the fantasy you have about her? Or because you think she’s too young to be a princess of her own domain? Or because of some tagging question?

What’s the context?

For myself, I think she’s old enough to be a baby sitter but not too old to be helping out the Sparkle family and sitting with a foal that she likes. And whatever age you want her to be in your fantasies is fine - that’s your business not anyone else’s. And she seems capable of handling the tasks and responsibilities that she has accepted, so I don’t think her age matters much. And for tagging on the site, if she’d drawn as an alicorn just tag her as Foalcon if she’s drawn “young”.

Other than that, I really don’t think there’s any point in talking about their age. It’s not something that I think we have any context for, or any access to, other than that certain models are used for drawing her in the show, and sometimes she’s shown doing one thing and sometimes she’s shown doing other things, and she’s whatever age is necessary and useful for the narrative.

For me it’s kind of like asking how long Sugar Cube Corners has stood, and whether it’s been remodeled in the last 5 years. Because we don’t have any way to judge “what a year is” in the show, other than via things like the Winter Wrapup and Hearths Warming Eve, and acknowledging that we don’t see the ones they don’t show us, who knows?

If this is just purely speculation and I’ve taken it too seriously, sorry … but as best as I can this is what I think about Cadence’s age:

She’s older than Twilight. She’s younger than Celestia.
Galestorm

Monocle Gentlesir
@Derpy Whooves  
I don’t really know why tbh I was just curious. tho of those you mentioned, I guess it’d be I was not so much worried ok, may be a little bit but want to be more cautious about her age for my fantasies (btw, most of my fantasies involving her are her when she’s older/current). like say for example, i draw her in her undies (noting explicit going on), I just want to make sure I wasn’t drawing her underage despite the intent of drawing her as a teenager (that is of the age of 18). i’d also never draw foalcon, just to get that out of the way.

there’s a lot to answer what you’ve written as well so i’ll just simply say: I see, I understand & quite good points raised.

thanks for clearing that up for me & nah, it wasn’t too serious as it was merely a silly question of some sort. it’s nothing I was too desperate for but just hoped to get an opinion on the subject.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide