To the one who suggested I work in vectors:

Nate5700

d1ckbitch I think it was.

What have you done to me? Now I have to do things like “take my time” and “pay attention to details”. How is this supposed to make me a better artist?

I say that in jest, of course. My drawings already look better just because they aren’t so…Paintey. But I’m working on something now where I’m trying to really do my best, and I think it looks good so far but it’s taking a while. I could whip out a crappy Paint drawing in a day before. Now I’ve spent two days working on one character’s head. And I have the rest of her to draw, plus the second character and the scene. So I honestly have no idea when this will get posted but hopefully people will like it.

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion, I don’t think I’ll be doing Paint anymore, it’s too much effort for not enough results.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
You’ll get faster and better. It takes awhile to “think in bezier curves”, but once you get your brain used to it, you’ll be drawing with portals.
Nate5700

@Ciaran  
I actually think I’m picking up Bezier curves pretty quickly. I didn’t really know what to do with them at first but as soon as I realized that the little lines you move around are tangents to the curve, it made sense to my math brain. And like I was explaining to someone earlier today, I think I’m picking up operating the software pretty quick too, it’s basically CAD software which is not a foreign concept to a engineer like me. CAD, for drawing ponies.

The thing that’s going to take me some time is picking up all the little details in an image. My very left-brained mind sees a stick figure and says, “ah, that is a pony”. So I have to get past “eh, good enough” and really fill things in.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Nate5700  
Yeah, they’re almost shockingly intuitive once you start working with them. especially if you have a CAD background. It’s just engineering drawings. Engineering drawings of colorful horses.
d1ckbitch
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Doughnuts Worshipper
Now I have to do things like “take my time” and “pay attention to details”

I know that feel

But vector is another approach, less direct for sure. Each one has advantages and drawbacks - discovering these is part of your journey as an artist

Also Bezier curves will become more and more intuitive. I can remember that. You’ll soon feel automatically when you need to add more points to a curve, and where to place it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide