Viewing last 25 versions of post by Stoopedhooy in topic SOMETIMES artists can be just as bad as lawyers when it comes to protecting their art.

Stoopedhooy
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Sad Confused Artist.
"[@deathsia":](/forums/art/topics/sometimes-artists-can-be-just-as-bad-as-lawyers-when-it-comes-to-protecting-their-art?post_id=5021369#post_5021369

)

Bruh, no one is twisting anything.

You are pretty aggressive and negative yourself, as an "experienced writer" you should know that writing words in all caps and ranting about them evil sellout corporate artists caring only about money and stomping on fans is pretty generalizing, if not demeaning and insulting.

For the record, I love my fans a lot, they help me in many ways.

[bq]

>
...but I will say that an artist should feel flattered instead of offended that someone would enjoy their work so much that they would perform an edit or coloring job...[/bq]

As an "experienced writer" you should know all about intellectual property and how no one has to bend over for you. Such acceptance of fans' creativity is a _***luxury*_**, not the innate right everyone has. Even site admins owning this place respect artists' wishes regarding their content. And maybe pick your words better yourself if you are so sensitive to what others tell you. You are setting the tone yourself for the reply you are about to receive.
No reason given
Edited by Stoopedhooy