So how does one form an art pack

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
See title.

Since I’ve grown more and more tired of art packs not appealing to me, It would be nice to counter that with any kinds I would enjoy, but I have no idea how I, or anyone, would even start that concept.

Anyone who has forged or participated in any art packs got some tips or advice?
Mittsies
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Squirrel
The basics  
Make plans: decide on a theme, figure out picture requirements, set a deadline, etc.  
Find willing artists, invite them to a discord group.  
Do promo stuff: cover art, advertisements, etc.  
If you want money: Upload them to a site like itch.io where you can collect payment.
booponies

i managed 2 community art packs, one was of MLP Royals, the other was Halloween. Essentially its just commissioning people for their full regular prices, and having them each do something around a certain theme, then asking them not to post until the pack is released. Also then telling them that when it is released, they get a cut of the income (that is if it isnt strictly free) which acts as a specific extra thank you, and sort of acts like payment since theyre promoting the pack to their audience once posted publicly. Then after the first week or so, i assumed about 90% of all the possible income was in, so i divided the money up equally between everyone as a bonus, including myself since i also drew as well, then i just also took the last couple of $s it earned after that.

Funny enough, both times i ran into complications where my internet cut out for days and upwards of a month, and i had to use my shitty phone at a public wi-fi to message people, all the while panicking that i wouldnt be able to even put the pack up for Halloween if my internet was still out, fortunately all was well.

Which is also another point, if you have a specific day in mind, or have made date specific promotional material, make sure the artists have enough time to actually do their piece
Background Pony #E842
It seems like you want the art, not the money, so make it a charity pack. I think more people would be willing to make art for charity rather than for a chance of making money.
Background Pony #8995
@LightningBolt  
Yeah. you’d probably need to have specific artists in mind to contact about this then, since it’s a pretty specific fetish. Presumably you already know of them (assuming you’ve been perusing this kind of art already). A charity artpack is a good idea - it can also make it easier to draw in artists.
Datte-Before-Dawn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
Lady's Wink -
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo

Undesirable
The way I ran CFAC for 5 years was just by asking friends of mine if they wanted to participate.

Obviously what you want is a lot more niche, so you could theorherically trawl the watersports tag and ask active artists who still draw watersports if they’d like to participate. I’ve found that people don’t like getting random invites for random art packs, however. Just make an announcement post in the form of an image with a description and a post on the forums, asking for artists and writefriends.

@Background Pony #E842  
Bladder cancer research!
Rexton the III
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks -

One artist, two tags
You know, I wouldn’t mind pitching in if it’s strictly for charity. As long as proceeds go to something like cancer research I wouldn’t mind drawing some Braeburn or whatever.
Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
“Yeah I really don’t know many tbh. If I struggle to find artists to commission as it is, I have no hopes.”

… Hi.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide