[NSFW] Artist's Group Chat - Draw The Curtains Edition

D-P
Artist -

@drakxs

i can imagine yeah, people can like things despite it’s imperfections . though it’s great to improve as an artist regardless of the amount of upvotes you’ll get. though you probably already know that.

still thought it was worth mentioning~
drakxs
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@saby  
Quite certain Saby, and as I recognize that proper anatomy is utmost important for any pic to get decent amount of upvotes, and then my technique still needs improvement. I think I have more urgent things to work on as most of my works barely reaces +250 upvotes. I know there is someging I’m missing but I have no idea what could it be, that’s why I’m here looking for some constructive critic. ;)
drakxs
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@D-P  
Yes of course it is, but the upvotes kinda serve as compass to know how good I’m doing, if I come to get thousands of them just by uploading shi**y pics they would be of no worth.  
In theory I would know once I have improved my skills as I would be able to hit +250 with ease.
Lefthighkick
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Thanks for the cheese
Thats true with symmetry, but what i noticed, is that people like wide hips.  
Its not always going to be proportioned correctly, but some artists can make it work.
drakxs
Artist -

@Inuvarvaz  
Yep, I have noted that so, wide hips seems to be a big turn on for most people. As well as wide thighs and tiny waists. On the other hand things like wings, or cutie marks don’t seem to do a grat difenece even if they are missing or intentionally left out.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Inuvarvaz  
There’s a lot of times where I, doing show-accurate stuff, have to basically punch realism in the face to make it look good. I think it’s just one of those things. At their core base they’re cartoons, so they look more pleasing with more exaggerated features like big heads, eyes, etc.

That said, the chronicles of me trying to animate continues :D  
drakxs
Artist -

@Inuvarvaz  
Well you could try using photoshop, the animation process is a bit harsh but it works for simple things. Now if you want to get serious you may want to try Toon Boom, or do as most of people and use Flash.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
I had a dream of EQG main characters trying to woo a huge monkey from the Hot Springs. It’s just like that episode of Myraid Colors Phantom World, except in my dream, Rarity was posing excessively in her one piece swimsuit with her flip-flops on and she got licked by the monkey….. I somehow wish that was a thing.
D-P
Artist -

Well, I have a problem.
The only thing I use for my art is just an iPad 2.

you can animate short stuff with just whatever art program you use.  
just by drawing every frame seperatly and then putting it into some sort of editing software. you can make simple animations. never tried nsfw animation though, might need a lot more work

as for your ipad 2, i can imagine that making it hard to draw (if you’re drawing with your finger that is) but animation doesn’t have to be show accurate or detailed. sketchy animation is also awesome to look at
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
I have a thing for animation myself, although soon I will be making an animated series on the Web about a 12 year old boy and his friends gaining super powers to protect the universe. The animation style will be fluid as MLP, Star vs the Forces of Evil (1st season), The Loud House, Wander over Yonder and other animated series that follows the type of realistic movements.
Exedrus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Heart Gem -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! -
Responsible Disclosure -
Artist -

@Inuvarvaz

Oh… well that complicates things a bit. I can’t say I know about animation software that runs on non-desktop platforms.

@D-P

Frame-by-frame is one way to go, but you’ll be missing out on a lot of useful things like motion tweens/deformations/skeletal animation/etc which can speed up/simplify the process up significantly.
D-P
Artist -

@Exedrus  
i know, but while motion tweening can look really good and smooth, frame by frame animation can make something more natural looking.

mostly it’s just a lot more fun as well, more drawing, less editing.

(best animations are made with actuall animation software though)
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Inuvarvaz  
@drakxs  
I use Fireworks which is quite similar to Photoshop. I draw the frames one by one, export them as individual pictures, and use uLead Gif Animator to put it together as a gif. Fireworks can do gifs, but it has poor dithering and color compression.

@Exedrus  
@D-P  
I’m doing frame-by-frame because I’m just a beginner. I might try tweening and such if I get better at it.

With that said, cum pony vs condom pony :D  
Exedrus
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Heart Gem -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! -
Responsible Disclosure -
Artist -

@D-P  
>mostly it’s just a lot more fun as well, more drawing, less editing.  
Yeah I’m the opposite. I like drawing once, then animating via edits.

@Badumsquish  
Personally, I’d recommend that beginners start with tweening. Tweens are easier to tweak if they look wrong, whereas FbF requires a lot of manual labor updating every affected frame. And once someone learns the basics of getting nice looking movements (eases, momentum, etc) then they can move on to more complex movements that are better captured via FbF.
RainbowSmonk
Artist -

I see we’re talking about animation. I’ve wanted to animate ever since I got into mlp back in 2013, but seeing as I’m a poor fuck I can’t even afford a computer. In fact all of my art is done on a drawing app on my old ass android XD
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide