New OC design discussion thread

PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
This isn’t intended as a “show off your new OC” thread, though you may proudly show off your fresh OC at the end of the process. Rather, this is the thread to discuss potential future OCs during the description development stage and ask for feedback.

If it’s an NSFW attribute, shove it behind a spoiler.

Inspiration for this thread:  
(behind a spoiler because it’s not really relevant)  
The community collab is once again upon us, and I realized that I never had any desire or need to make a pony OC. I normally borrow canon characters for my MySpace pics. As cool as it would be to have an Ursa Maritimus OC, that wouldn’t fit in the community collab guidelines.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Well, I’m trying to work on a design for an older version of an existing OC of mine, Demon Hellspawn.  
full  
This older version didn’t age naturally, he was accidentally ages up with magic and thrust into a backalley. Note that he was also created with magic, a magical gay spawn of a zombie and a siren, and his body reflects that, his diet is carnivorous, and his organs frequently give him issues, so he experiences a lot of pain at times, or just plain issues. He also has a speech impediment and can’t talk very well, so he usually opts not to. He’s also homeless, and already quite jaded to the world as a result of that and because his only memories of his parents are negative ones, as vague as they are. He wants to find them and confront them, but he’s hopeless stuck on the streets with nothing to his name. My issue is that the design doesn’t feel adult enough compared to his baby form. Also his cutie mark is fake, he cant get that, that’s just a scar he gave himself.  
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
I’ve had two ideas for myself for show-style OCs. The similarity is that they are both percussionists.

1. A male antelope of some kind  
Why antelope?  
  • Horns are permanent, so there is no question of what happens to his magic when he sheds his antlers like there would be if he were a member of the cervine family.  
  • Antelope naturally have a balanced pair of horns, which makes playing cross grip on the vibes much easier than a unicorn splitting their telekinesis between two pairs of mallets. More importantly, he’s not a two-horned unicorn OC (and the horns of two-horned rhinos don’t make sense for playing mallet percussion)  
  • As an even-toed ungulate, he can use the gap within each hoof to hold a drumstick if he wants to play physically rather than telekinetically.  
    Open questions:  
    a. What is his name?  
    b. Which species of antelope?  
    c. Coat coloration?

2. A female pegasus  
    Her signature sound is wide arpeggios on the marimba (she tucks the mallets between her feathers). Her cutie mark is three mallets arranged into the Roman numeral IV. Again, she needs a name and colors.

Unrelated, but I wonder if anyone has ponified Miguel the Unicorn from the Red Diamond Dragon Club (both links are videos with suggestive imagery and NSFW dialogue).
Castellan Fyor
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
Ok, so I’m moving here for help.  
Ok, first off, is anyone ok with helping me out? I have the idea but limited art capabilities.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Communist Starlight  
Aight I can occasionally help you out with the art department. But help out only. Might want some other dude doing the coloring, inking, vectoring, render or finishing touches.  
Ie. I can do the sketch. I need the practice, anyway.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@PUBLIQclopAccountant  
Speaking of names, there aren’t too many pronounceable strings in the below list of patterns in a four-mallet warmup I enjoy.  
Aefefc Cfefea
Bfgfgd Dgfgfb
Cgagae Eagagc
Dababf Fbabad
Ebcbcg Gcbcbe
Fcdcda Adcdcf
Gdedeb Bededg

Perhaps Cfefea could be the name for the pegasus. The c is silent like the c in cnidarian or the p in pterodactyl. She feels like she needs a second name in her full name to fit with binomial pony nomenclature. However, I cannot remember if Moon_raker_ or Moon_walker_ was the name of the warmup exercise in which I found her name.

All the other patterns, even the ones with vowels in pronounceable positions, sound more like something you’d throw into the zalgo generator in a horror story than a name for an antelope.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide