Ideas that You Just Can't Get Out of Your Head

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Wiimeiser  
It being obvious defeats the whole purpose of the game.

Think, one imposter gets killed and everyone becomes convinced the guard is an impostor.

Or, and impostor kills someone and claims they’re a guard
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Wiimeiser
It being obvious defeats the whole purpose of the game.
Think, one imposter gets killed and everyone becomes convinced the guard is an impostor.

I haven’t played, just watched random clips, but Impostors can’t be killed by other Impostors.

Also, would Impostor corpses look different from Crewmate corpses? Why would Crewmates care who killed the Impostor?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Random-Rambling  
Because crewmates don’t know who the imposter is just by looking, only by seeing their actions.

Only Imposters know who the imposters are. And yes, they can’t kill each other.

And they would care because from their perspective, someone has been killed, and that could be a friend or foe.
Cromanti Cheer

I kinda love the idea of a long, sprawling MLP:FIM fanfic epic that’s just kinda “fuck nazis,” you know? Maybe the Mane 8 have to deal a secret racist cult that’s swaying powerful figures to their side, and is manipulating young and disenfranchised colts/fillies (in a sort of “twisted friendship”) that the Mane 8 eventually try to deradicalize them.

I dunno. It’s still a major point of frustration and salt for me that neo nazis used this fandom for their bullshit, so maybe there’s a bit of a catharsis in writing a fic where their FIM expy gets picked apart.

Come to think of it, did we really seen much corrupted “twisted friendships” in the villains in MLP:FIM? I think there could be some stuff there. Like, yeah, we had Discord thinking he had a friendship in Tirek, but what about, like, a “mailer daemon” who’s using an impressionable filly as a host? Or a team of powerful villains wrapped up in a case of peer pressure gone wrong?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Cromanti Cheer  
I think that qould be a great idea. And it would be a good way to show how friendships can also be toxic.

I think one thing I wish the show would have done more was showed the negative effects from excessive Laughter, Loyalty or Generosity and the other elements.

So seeing how what is normally a good be turned into an evil would be quite cool.

And seeing racist jerks get rickety wrecked would be something nice to see.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
The idea of turning up the Elements to inequine proportions, like Jonnie (female) in House of Leaves, is an area that would have been nice for the show to explore.

They did touch on toxic friendships in Griffon the Brush-Off (although that is more of a realization at your high school reunion that your best friend is turbo-racist than dealing with a friendship that turns toxic over time).
Cromanti Cheer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Thanks! Yeah, the excessive elements angle would be interesting to explore. I feel like there were a few episodes that kinda showed the problems with Pinkie’s more aggressive attempts at partying and trying to cheer up people, but I don’t remember much in the way of critiques of, say, blind loyalty or “martyr-y” generosity.

So, I’m still kinda thinking about mapping the Mane 6 to 6 Overwatch heroes in a 2 damage, 2 healers, and 2 tanks setup. I’m having trouble figuring who in the Mane 6 would best map to the damage-dealers, the healers, and the tanks.

I kinda have Twilight pegged as a damage hero, specifically Echo. I feel like Echo fits her fairly well both personality-wise (inquisitive, analytical) and ability-wise (flight, beams, understands and copies other abilities). The damage role in Overwatch fits Twilight because she’s kinda the initiator, excels at magically “brute-forcing” solutions, and helps her friends shoot a magic friendship beam at enemies. Plus, putting her in a damage slot gives lots of options for her potential “substitutes” in Starlight, Sunset, and Spike.

So that leaves 1 damage slot (Your glass canon characters), 2 healer slots (Your ally recovery characters), and 2 tank slots (Your defensive, damage prevention characters) to be distributed among the rest of the Mane 6. I also want to avoid having two ponies of the same species in one category for the sake of diversifying things. And ultimately, I came up with two arangements:

Arrangement A  
  • Damage - Pinkie Pie (probably Junkrat or Tracer), Twilight (Echo)  
  • Healer - Fluttershy (probably Mercy), Rarity (probably Brigitte)  
  • Tank - Applejack (probably Orisa, Reinhardt, Roadhog, or Zarya), Rainbow Dash (probably D.Va)

Arrangement B  
  • Damage - Rainbow Dash (probably Pharah or Tracer), Twilight (Echo)  
  • Healer - Fluttershy (probably Mercy), Pinkie Pie (probably Lucio)  
  • Tank - Applejack (probably Orisa, Reinhardt, Roadhog, or Zarya), Rarity (probably D.Va or Zarya)

Any thoughts? Further alternatives/suggestions? Should Applejack be a healer (Brigitte) and Pinkie Pie be a tank (Wrecking Ball)? I know my “one pony race per role” for the Mane 6 might seem a little arbitrary, but I like the idea and I’d like to at least try to uniquely map them.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
So that leaves 1 damage slot (Your glass canon characters), 2 healer slots (Your ally recovery characters), and 2 tank slots (Your defensive, damage prevention characters) to be distributed among the rest of the Mane 6. I also want to avoid having two ponies of the same species in one category for the sake of diversifying things. And ultimately, I came up with two arangements:
Arrangement A
  • Damage — Pinkie Pie (probably Junkrat or Tracer), Twilight (Echo)
  • Healer — Fluttershy (probably Mercy), Rarity (probably Brigitte)
  • Tank — Applejack (probably Orisa, Reinhardt, Roadhog, or Zarya), Rainbow Dash (probably D.Va)
Arrangement B
  • Damage — Rainbow Dash (probably Pharah or Tracer), Twilight (Echo)
  • Healer — Fluttershy (probably Mercy), Pinkie Pie (probably Lucio)
  • Tank — Applejack (probably Orisa, Reinhardt, Roadhog, or Zarya), Rarity (probably D.Va or Zarya)
Any thoughts? Further alternatives/suggestions? Should Applejack be a healer (Brigitte) and Pinkie Pie be a tank (Wrecking Ball)? I know my “one pony race per role” for the Mane 6 might seem a little arbitrary, but I like the idea and I’d like to at least try to uniquely map them.

Sorry my response was so late.

And I don’t really know enough about Overwatch to give the greatest suggestions. I do have some suggestions though:  
I like the idea of AJ being a healer but also a tank. I like the idea of Rarity being a damage role as like an elegant warrior.

It seems like the personalities of the Mane Six can make it difficult for them to be of the same race and be similar.

Maybe we can think what each race can be. Earth Ponies seem to be Tanks because of their perceived strength; Pegasi could either be support or damage, it seems like the pegasus stereotype of agression fits the damage role more though they also can be fast enough to provide support for the others; and unicorns can also be either damage or support, damage because of their horn lasers or support for using magic to support others.

I kind of like the idea of AJ being support along with Fluttershy since they have a motherly nurturing side to them. But AJ would make a great tank too. But Twilight as what you mentioned sounds nice too. RD as support sounds really interesting, she would have to be fast to help others and she could be like a paramedic. Fluttershy sounds like a natural medic. Pinkie Pie with her knowledge of baking could also be a good healer. Rarity I like the idea of her using elegant ways of dealing with things, like an elegant samurai or maybe a sniper wielding assassin or maybe even a ninja.

I probably got some of the mechanics wrong but maybe you can filter my ideas into something more useful for an Overwatch like experience. Hopefully I helped you with some of my own insights.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Filly Rarity and Filly Dash arguing about what kind of metal band they should have. Rarity wants a Nightwish like symphonic metal band and Rainbow Dash wants some thrash System of a Down style band.
Kincyr
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Non-Fudgsicle Token
instant loss 2koma:  
first panel is Celestia reciting the “there is no wrong way to fantasize” line.  
second panel is Luna smacking Anon with a rolled-up newspaper shouting “HAND/HOOF-HOLDING IS FORBIDDEN!” and banishing him to Horny Jail.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Applejack as Katara. Rainbow Dash as Korra.

Yeah I know AJ is more of a tomboy than Katara but to me she’s a girly tomboy when it comes to motherly traits like being emotionally tender and understanding like with Fluttershy or Sweetie Belle when Rarity was angry at Belle.

And Rainbow Dash since she’s more agressive and less sappy is more of a pure tomboy like Korra.
Khaki_Cap
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Jean Thicc
Everypony (canon or oc) being turned into phone-ponies. They would have their original body, but they would be much smaller and have a function screen on their bellies *(depending on which type of phone will you choose. Either smart-phone, flip-phone, old big brick phones or phones with buttons.)*
Alpha-Insanity

Alpha male of Insanity
Here’s an idea…

Hasbro’s version of Super Smash Bros.

I call it…

MULTIVERSAL CLASH!!!

Basically, 4 of Hasbro’s franchises and their characters will clash against each other and fight each other.

Transformers  
Optimus Prime  
Bumblebee  
Grimlock  
Windblade  
Arcee  
Ironhide  
Ultra Magnus  
Springer  
Drift  
Hot Rod  
Megatron  
Starscream  
Soundwave  
Shockwave  
Barricade  
Lockdown  
Shrapnel  
Blitzwing  
Motormaster  
Tarn

My Little Pony  
Twilight Sparkle  
Rainbow Dash  
Pinkie Pie  
Rarity  
Fluttershy  
Applejack  
Princess Celestia  
Princess Luna  
Princess Cadance  
Shining Armor  
Big Macintosh  
Spike  
Sunset Shimmer  
Discord  
Nightmare Moon  
Queen Chrysalis  
King Sombra  
Tirek  
Daybreaker  
Tempest Shadow

Gi Joe  
Duke  
Snake Eyes  
Scarlett  
Roadblock  
Cobra Commander  
Storm Shadow  
Zartan  
Destro  
Baroness  
Firefly

Power Rangers  
Red Ranger  
Blue Ranger  
Pink Ranger  
Yellow Ranger  
Black Ranger  
Green Ranger  
Rita Repulsa  
Lord Zedd  
Goldar  
Lord Drakkon

LET HASBRO’S MULTIVERSAL CLASH BEGIN!!!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide