Ideas that You Just Can't Get Out of Your Head

Cromanti Cheer
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

While I didn’t have as much of a problem with “Magical Mystery Cure” as some people (and this kind of storyline would be a little dark for FIM), I really like to see a take on Twilight’s alicornification that would play out similarly to part of the “TransWarped” episode of Transformers: Animated. (Specifically: Sari “upgrading” herself with her key, and the fallout resulting from that.)

Something like this:

Twilight, in an attempt to rescue one of her friends and/or impress Princess Celestia, ends up as a super-powerful alicorn that shows everyone up and saves the day without breaking a sweat. That is, until her powers start overloading. She unintentionally starts wrecking half of Ponyville despite the best efforts of the other princesses and her friends to contain her, and ends up gravely injuring one of them in the process.

This leads to an extended action sequence where half the team tends to the wounded member and half the team enacts a plan to try and help Twilight regain control over her destructive powers. This ends with Twilight urging them to use the Elements of Harmony on her. Everyone protests, considering the effects it had on Discord and NMM, but when it looks like she’s ready to self-destruct, they’ve got no choice but to use them on her.

Twilight is fine afterwards, but bedridden. She’s still an alicorn, so the princesses had to put all kinds of magical blockers on her, and while she’s not quite going to be her magical-prodigy self for a while, she’s at least okay. She’s got touching moments with all her friends as they comfort her.

Boom. Aesop about taking things too fast, getting to see Twilight in a powerless position, potential for all sorts of future storylines where the town fears Twilight, and Hasbro gets to bake its cake and eat it too in regards to Princess Twilight.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Some background pony or OC happily eating hay fries, then Tia suddenly shows up, takes some, and eats them in front of the pony. Then Tia says “No one will ever believe you.” and then leaves.

I might commission someone for it. Maybe Faux.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

A situation like in this pic >>540628 where a pony from the background casually joins in on the activity/talk when the mane six is doing something (examining something, discussing the plan etc.) and they become all awkward because a bg pony can’t just do that.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
An Evolve parody starring the Four Princesses Tracking a Monstrous Tirek(was Sombra before he showed up).

Celestia-Trapper  
Twilight-Support  
Luna-Assault  
Cadance-Medic
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

I was joking in a thread the other day (when someone mentioned that we have no idea when Celestia & Luna were born) that maybe the reason is that weren’t.  
Like, TS and Cadance are only halfway immortal because they were born and then don’t die.  
But Celestia and Luna are immortal BOTH WAYS.

But that got me thinking - what if you were immortal BACKWARDS?

For example, one day this guy is found dead. But then it turns out as they investigate his death that he was already alive for a time beyond human measure. World Wars, turn of the last century, he was there. Then you start finding clues that he was already active during the Renaissance or the Middle Ages. You keep going back and you find his footprint on a dinosaur fossil and so on (may that’s how the story begins; maybe there is a fossil with a human footprint in it and _no-one can explain it.)  
Turns out this slob has been around since the Big Bang and maybe even before that.

The unfair thing is no matter how you look at it, all this only makes him very-very old. But not immortal in the traditional sense. Which, if you think about it, is rather unfair. If an immortal character only lives until the heat death of the universe for example, or if she is immortal for some time but then dies by some means; you still call them immortal. But just some guy who’s been around since the universe began is just simply old. Don’t you think that’s not right?
Vree

Based on >>669930: Cheese Sandwich is a lawyer. Pinkamena is a baker. They snark and FIGHT CRIME!  
One-time guest appearance by canon Cheese & Pinkie as “bizarro universe counterparts”.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
Chrysalis fails to gain King Sombra’s affection once again, and sings a slightly modded version of this portion of song in vicious despair as her changelings watch her.
Cromanti Cheer

This image linking together various Cartoon Network originals (Dexter’s Lab, PPG, Samurai Jack, I Am Weasel/Cow & Chicken, Foster’s, Grim Adventures/Evil Con Carne, KND, EEnE, etc.) and classics into the same universe makes me really wanna see a mass-crossover of all the CN originals. Yes, I realize there’s the comics by Bleedman and Fusion Fall, but I feel like there’s no need to drum up new villains to fight when the CN-verse already has plenty. Hell, if all these shows are part of the same world, then the story could be framed around the heroes trying to prevent Aku’s slow rise to power while fighting various other villains taking advantage of the chaos.

I’m imagining Samurai Jack as the central protagonist, since his wandering hero/fish out of water status lends itself well to a variety of settings. Maybe the Time Squad somehow ends up traveling to the present of Samurai Jack, and a despairing, desperate Jack ends up using Larry 3000 to travel back to his own time, only to end up in the time of some other cartoon, or creating a whole new “ultimate universe” alternate timeline all together.

I’m thinking of calling it “Jack and the Continuity Nightmare.”
Cromanti Cheer

@And Brother I Hurt People  
Thanks! While thinking on it more I realized both Megas XLR and Samurai Jack both use time-travel as a plot device (only in opposite directions). So, my current premise has Jack encountering Kiva and Larry, lost in time and arguing with each other.

The fun part: due to time travel, they’re all meeting in the wrong order. This is Larry’s last encounter with Kiva and Jack, and frankly, he’s given up on both of them, knowing no matter what he says they’ll inevitably make a mess of the timeline. This is Kiva’s second encounter with Larry and Jack, so she knows some of what happens from each of them, but not all of it. Jack, however, has never seen either of these two weirdos and is confused at why they’re acting like they know him.

Thing is, though, I’m not sure if I want to keep all the continuity in all the shows and age up the characters based on their show’s production date (for instance, KND aired in 2002, and since most of the story is taking place on CN’s 20th birthday in 2012, the characters in KND would be 10 years older) or just have Jack, Kiva, and Larry accidentally end up creating an alternate universe where CN-toons can fit together better side-by-side.

The advantage of the latter is that readers who aren’t familiar with every single cartoon featured can still enjoy the story (sorta like how people can enjoy the Marvel Cinematic Universe or The Spectacular Spider-Man even if they aren’t familiar with decades of comics). That said, I think the former would be cool in a symbolic sense, seeing childhood heroes years later: some thriving, others struggling.

I might decide to put this off until I’ve read more of Lightning Bird’s fanfics, since her Fusion Fall fanfics (or at least ones I’ve read so far) were pretty fantastic. As someone on TVTropes put it: “they’re the Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi done right.”
Vree

@romantiCaveman  
A crossover between Time Squad/Peabody & Sherman/Meet The Robinsons, because I’m pretty sure the three protagonists are either alternate timelines of the same person or siblings separated at birth.

I’m imagining a situation where the Time Squad accidentally grabs the wrong time-travelling genius orphan, and a switcheroo where each of the three man character find himself crashing/cooperating with one of the other two’s family/squad takes place.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lingering Wyvern
Never quite learned to draw properly, but it might be worth it to make my magnum opus of ideas for a backstory on King Sombra, preferably in ask blog form.

Cus I’ve built so many ideas into that.
Cromanti Cheer

@Vree  
Yeah, I’m not terribly familiar with all three shows, but I’ve heard them all compared to each other before. XD Surely someone’s done a crossover of them before, right?

@PonyPon  
I hear ya. I love the ask blog style of audience input, but I don’t think my artistic abilities (or lack thereof) would attract an audience.
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

Here is an idea I’ve had for awhile now, and its pretty out there.

One of my all time favorite literary series is the Illuminatus! trilogy, and I would love to write something spiritually similar to it. This means conspiracy theory parodies, counterculture weirdness and utterly pointless sex scenes.

What’s more, I’d like this to be a tribute to my favorite internet community: this one.

The idea is this: An ancient conspiracy accidentally releases sensitive information into the hands of a derpibooru member who posts it and makes us all targets of the conspiracy and to defend ourselves we essentially invent an even more ancient conspiracy out of whole cloth.

Along the way all sorts of weirdness happens. Some users turn out to have been ponies all along, others die and come back to life as cyborgs or vampires or whatever. We unintentionally become a major player in the world of ancient conspiracies and it ends with us basically taking over the world.
Vree

Original fiction idea I’ll likely never write but is cool:

The story/series would be titled “Green Magic”.

This hypothetical series follows the adventures of a teenaged (14-ish) girl who gets admitted to a magic school, similar to “Harry Potter” or “Little Witch Academia”.

In the “Green Magic” universe, magic is divided into six “schools”, each revolving around a certain emotinal state.  
Magic users wield their powers by tapping into these feelings inside themselves and others, and someone’s tendency towards one state of mind decides which school of magic they may get into and if they are talented with magic (and thus whether they get “scouted”).

Much of the show is devoted to the mystery of the meaning of Green Magic. GM is not fully understood but generally it could be defined as thinking with your own head, being calculating, responsible, not getting swayed by your own feelings or resentments, harmony. This is the lesson that the series is ultimately supposed to teach kids; but hopefully it also lets them explore all the important emotions and lead them to be better with people along the way.

The six (seven) great schools in the show are:

Orange (White) - excitemend and surprise  
Pink/Purple - love and happiness  
Green - ? (boredom, calmness, indifference)  
Blue - sadness  
Yellow - fear  
Red - anger  
(+Brown - disgust)

Every school’s spells and instinctive (weaker) effects are related to the emotion it represents. For example, red is generally destructive; reds tend to lash out and blow up stuff when frustrated even if they do not intend it.

50 years before the series, the colors were split into two factions who were at war with each other: a Blue/Red/Yellow group of “dark mages” and a Orange/Pink/Green “light” coalition led by the Oranges.  
In the end the “lights” won; the Oranges renamed themselves Whites and founded a school where young students of all of the six colors could gather and be taught about peaceful coexistence.

The group of friends who serve as heroes consists of 4 characters (with the eventual addition of a 5th); plus two others at the school (one side character and one antagonist) who could also be thought as protagonists.

The cast are:

• The protagonist:  
    Our heroine who enters from the human world with no previous background in magic.  
    She is excited and interested in ever little thing, fangirling over various stuff and quoting “muggle” shows, but she is also frequently worried by her inexperience and her suspicion that her lack of strong emotions (that put her in the Green group) could be a sign of her lack of real talent with magic.  
    She also doesn’t know what to think of her destined magic type (Green) which is frequently treated as boring and ineffectual.

Emotions associated with Green:  
    satisfaction, kindness, softness, tenderness,

intimacy, sympathy, warm-heartedness, calmness, intelligence

Her three friends are:

• The white one:  
    If it wasn’t for Green Girl, s/he could be the star of the show. A person who’s got “hero” practically written on his/her forehead (but then so do most other Whites).  
    White is the color of excitement and surprise.  
    Its users are brave warriors, fearless natural leaders, successful promoters of shocking new ideas, but have a tendency to and sometimes act unpredictably.

Associated emotions:  
    excited, surprising, energetic, bouncy,

nervous, perky, estatic, brave, curious, hyperactive, inattentive, optimistic, heroic

• The pink one:  
    After White, Pink is the most respected and influental color. The color of happiness and love, its users are passionate and devoted in anything they do. Pink takes Green under her wings as soon as they and supports her in anything she does from then on like a good friend, even if her constant attention and lack of privacy can be trying.  
    Pink is both an organizer of parties and an avid love guru with a lot of dating experience and many serious boyfriends during the course of the show.

If you want to picture this girl, imagine if Rarity was doing Pinkie’s job.

Associated traits:  
    friendly, outgoing, happy, caring, loving, passionate, helpful, clingy

Blue girl:

She is our token emotionless girl.  
    Blue is one of those colors that was until recently “bad”, but whose practioners went from black robed soul-stealing zombie-raisers who fed on people’s grief to being goody-two-shoe psychiatrist, pet center volunteers and social workers, and are now seen as mopey/sappy emo weaklings.  
    She does not seem to mind the stigma, but she occassionally turns the “dark and creepy” on - a casual reminder to everyone what she could be if they made her angry.

(She is basically Maud Pie.)

Traits:  
    mopey, pensieve, introverted, grieving,

realistic, straight, honest

The reds:  
    The Red house are the antagonists in season 1, basically bullies.

Red boy:  
    Hot-headed (and “hot” :p) idiot. He’s well-meaning, but often becomes a slave to his own aggressive impulses.  
    He starts out as very antagonistic towards the characters, and continues to serve as an antagonist even later on, but the girl and the audience should warm up to him because of his frequent apologies and occiassional attempts at selfless and brave actions to make up for his mistakes.  
    It is possible that one of the protagonists would even eventually develop a crush on him.

Red girls: “those three girls”; the bullies. They are genuinely evil.

Yellow boy: A dorky kid and a friend of the characters who’s often the target of the reds. A cowar who’s afraid of everything, but a good source of information on just about anything.

mild-mannered, tense, nervous, panic prone, clumsy, grateful, lacking self-confidence, embarassed, try-hard

Mimosa:  
    Mimosa is a side character introduced later in her own “episode” who serves as a supporting character before eventually joins the main cast in the last season.

Mimosa lives in the middle of a swamp and is trying to study the plants there to become a herbalist.  
    Her home is filled with frogs, insects, strange foods, rubbish and other things to be ready to “gross her out”.  
    Often treated as an oddball with strange habits, all of these quirks actually have fairly good reasons.  
    Mimosa is the only known practicioner of Brown magic, which was once a hypothetical discipline but was abandoned very early on. Mimosa’s dream was to discover a new type of magic, so she decided to move to her swamp and devote her younger years to this.  
    Brown magic tend to be disgusting in both source and effect.  
    Since her field of magic is still yet to be developed, many of her spells are experimental and have a tendency of going avry.  
    Even when she abandons her swamp to move in with the girls later (reluctant initially, ashamed of her lack of culture and intelligence), she always remains a bit of a “country bumpkin” and cloud cuckoo lander among them.

(You could think of her as the “Derpy” of the story.)

She does not mind being the only Brown practicioner knowing what happened historically to Yellow or Red - she fears that if Brown (disgust) was a more developed field, it would naturally fall into the same mistakes Yellow and Red did.

The dark mages:

The group of antagonists and antagonists of season 2 as well as the first real “adult2 antagonists; a remnant of the old “dark mages”, seeking to take the magical world back for their own kind.

The blue practicioner:  
    Wearing black instead of blue, she is a necromancer and a demonstration of the fearful power Blue magic had in the past.

The red practicioner:  
    “Everything changed when the fire nation attacked”

The yellow practicioner:  
    SHowing fear as a weapon. This silent male figure has the power to summon complex illusions that trap everyone in an endless Halloween nightmare.

Turmoil:  
    A mysterious force that is set up to be the final villain/challenge of the piece, essentially a whirlwind of chaotic emotions and associated with things like depression, despair, bipolar disorder, scizophrenia, and similar mood disorders. It is caused by a person getting catastrophically overwhelmed by emotions they do not understand and the confusion & inability to control them. Set up as the final villain/challenge, the secret of protecting oneself against this force as well as possibly avoiding it to wield all of the colors of magic at once is hidden somewhere within Green Magic.
Background Pony #64DD
OH MY GOD, story of my life, OP. I wanna post some ship art, but I’ve been struggling finding a place to post it. I think this site might just be the place though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide