Viewing last 25 versions of post by Cromanti Cheer in topic Ideas that You Just Can't Get Out of Your Head

Cromanti Cheer
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

"[@Cosmas-the-Explorer":](/forums/art/topics/ideas-that-you-just-cant-get-out-of-your-head?post_id=4945394#post_4945394
)  
Thanks! Yeah, the excessive elements angle would be interesting to explore. I feel like there were a few episodes that kinda showed the problems with Pinkie's more aggressive attempts at partying and trying to cheer up people, but I don't remember much in the way of critiques of, say, blind loyalty or "martyr-y" generosity.

So, I'm still kinda thinking about mapping the Mane 6 to 6 *Overwatch* heroes in a 2 damage, 2 healers, and 2 tanks setup. I'm having trouble figuring who in the Mane 6 would best map to the damage-dealers, the healers, and the tanks.

I kinda have Twilight pegged as a damage hero, specifically Echo. I feel like Echo fits her fairly well both personality-wise (inquisitive, analytical) and ability-wise (flight, beams, understands and copies other abilities). The damage role in Overwatch fits Twilight because she's kinda the initiator, excels at magically "brute-forcing" solutions, and helps her friends shoot a magic friendship beam at enemies. Plus, putting her in a damage slot gives lots of options for her potential "substitutes" in Starlight, Sunset, and Spike.

So that leaves 1 damage slot (Your glass canon characters), 2 healer slots (Your ally recovery characters), and 2 tank slots (Your defensive, damage prevention characters) to be distributed among the rest of the Mane 6. I also want to avoid having two ponies of the same species in one category for the sake of diversifying things. And ultimately, I came up with two arangements:

+

__
Arrangement A+
__  
* Damage - Pinkie Pie (probably Junkrat or Tracer), Twilight (Echo)

* Healer - Fluttershy (probably Mercy), Rarity (probably Brigitte)

* Tank - Applejack (probably Orisa, Reinhardt, Roadhog, or Zarya), Rainbow Dash (probably D.Va)

+

__
Arrangement B+__

* Damage - Rainbow Dash (probably Pharah or Tracer), Twilight (Echo)

* Healer - Fluttershy (probably Mercy), Pinkie Pie (probably Lucio)

* Tank - Applejack (probably Orisa, Reinhardt, Roadhog, or Zarya), Rarity (probably D.Va or Zarya)

Any thoughts? Further alternatives/suggestions? Should Applejack be a healer (Brigitte) and Pinkie Pie be a tank (Wrecking Ball)? I know my "one pony race per role" for the Mane 6 might seem a little arbitrary, but I like the idea and I'd like to at least try to uniquely map them.
No reason given
Edited by Cromanti Cheer