I kinda wanna start drawin poni

StarryEyedFilly
Artist -

📏
Good day, I felt the need of drawing cartoon miniature horses and posting said drawings online, as one does!

But! My art style isn’t the best around; so I’ll let everyone judge my work and ask a crucial question: would anyone be okay with poni in this style being posted, on their Derpibooru?

Also yes I mainly use Pixiv, please don’t think badly of me, I just like that site, I’ll apologize if I have to

GlitchedWolf
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Derpbooru Free Edition!?
would anyone be okay with poni in this style being posted, on their Derpibooru?
This statement is slightly confusing, if you mean is it okay to post that style on the site, yes. The quality of art doesn’t matter in most cases, it’s still welcome here. As long as everything you posts follows the site rules, of course.  
^ If that answers your question ignore the below.

If you mean would others be okay with posting your art on their account, because you don’t want it on yours for whatever reason. You can upload images to the site anonymously and the only sign of anonymous uploads on your profile is that your upload stat goes up, but the images themselves won’t show up on your account.

Also, I’m not a mod so if any mods post here and their decision is different from what I’ve said, please follow what they say instead.
Ciaran
ăƒ©ăƒ»ă‚Œăƒƒă‚ż - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
ć‹æƒ…ăŻé­”æł•ă 
@SisterStar  
Speaking as a volunteer on the site, your art is wonderful and fine and is welcome here if the characters in the drawing are ponies.

Basically we do not look at the quality or skill of an artist’s work, but at whether they are drawing art that is intended to be a part of the My Little Pony franchise or fandom - regardless of generation.

And, since the site has been around so long, and the franchise doesn’t seem to have any end-of-life in the foreseeable future, we have a lot of artists who started out drawing stick figures who now are making really amazing works of art. So, like Lauren Faust said (paraphrasing) don’t worry about the quality of your current work - just keep drawing, and it will grow and change.

So, as long as we can see that you are drawing something from My Little Pony, and the characters are ponies, then your art is fine.

However, looking at your gallery I don’t see anything that is My Little Pony themed, so none of your current drawings on your Pixiv gallery would be ok here - so please draw some new pony art and upload it :)

When you upload it, please add whatever artist tag you would like for yourself. For example, “artist:SisterStar”, and then send me a PM and I’ll help you get your profile set up as a “Verified Artist” profile.

And don’t worry about being on Pixiv. I’m on Pixiv too (warning - NSFW content)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask, or you can PM me.

@TheGlitchedWolf  
You’re fine.

The big thing, like you said, is whether the drawing is about My Little Pony in some way. And that doesn’t just mean an MLP character in the image (sometimes called ‘obligatory pony’ images), but is a fan work that is about or that features the My Little Pony series, fandom, or the overarching franchise.
StarryEyedFilly
Artist -

📏
@TheGlitchedWolf  
Oh, sorry ’bout the confusion; first part was an A+ answer though, thanks!

@Ciaran  
However, looking at your gallery I don’t see anything that is My Little Pony themed, so none of your current drawings on your Pixiv gallery would be ok here - so please draw some new pony art and upload it :)

No budgie drawings, got it!  
Now in all seriousness, thanks for your answer; will PM you for the “Verified Artist” profile once I get something done and posted
StarryEyedFilly
Artist -

📏
@Background Pony #24E5  
>not even started drawing poni yet  
>already getting requests  
That was seriously fast and maybe a joke

But, hey, if you’re not joking, PM me a reference picture of the character and we’ll see if it’s up to my skills
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide