Viewing last 25 versions of post by SilverDrPepper in topic I am in need of some advice from artists! please!

SilverDrPepper
Artist -

HCai ponies, hehe!

I am asking for advi
ce in hopes to be better and am trying to find more ways I can improve my artwork. A lot of practice over the years has been towards drawing ponies and their over-all shape. I have done shading and coloring before, but those works have been removed due to depressions I've been going through. As of recent I've been drawing props and backgrounds! I see much improvement with that as well as trying to draw different poses and getting more details in clothing too!

For a while I've had long struggles of keeping up my works up and sharing in places that I can. It's been hard for me, for a long time, due to over-all self improvement, understanding tips I've been given, and figuring out what I want do and how I want do it, for the past five years. I've been around deviantart, but don't see much light in it; as it's changed and hasn't really been a fun place to post my works.

The things I know I need to work on are:
- Take away all the smudges and sketch-marks.
- Needing to colour my artwork, while making sure there are no scribbles and such.
- Working on.. -Just even more towards third dimensions and improvements on posture
- Even more variety to the scenery in the background, and imrpovements on the shapes of props.
- Better shading and where the light comes from.
- And lastly, how clothes are placed, overlapped, creased, folded, swayed and moved around -etc.

^ For anyone who has experience with any of these listed, it would be great to hear what anyone suggests.

I've also been looking at references, using skeletons, measuring how long, short, big, and small, things are.

I love doing traditional works, but I am not seeing much feedback or praise for doing it. I see the same thing happening to other traditional artists... It's like it's lost touch with things nowadays.

I'll greatly appreciate it and I am willing to take any criticism, advice, or tips on what I can do. Maybe I can even get into doing digital artwork. Please let me know any thoughts you may have!

Stay cozi!~ :D

My best peices!

"Nathan":/images/2577053

"Nathan at bar":/images/2623692

Other places I am at;

"My FA":https://www.furaffinity.net/user/revgroove/

"My DB Page":/profiles/RevGroove

"My twitter":https://twitter.com/Rev_Groove
No reason given
Edited by SilverDrPepper
SilverDrPepper
Artist -

Hai ponies, hehe!

I am asking for advice in hopes to be better and am trying to find more ways I can improve my artwork. A lot of practice over the years has been towards drawing ponies and their over-all shape. I have done shading and coloring before, but those works have been removed due to depressions I've been going through. As of recent I've been drawing props and backgrounds! I see much improvement with that as well as trying to draw different poses and getting more details in clothing too!

For a while I've had long struggles of keeping up my works up and sharing in places that I can. It's been hard for me, for a long time, due to over-all self improvement, understanding tips I've been given, and figuring out what I want do and how I want do it, for the past five years. I've been around deviantart, but don't see much light in it; as it's changed and hasn't really been a fun place to post my works.

- Needing to colour my artwork, while making sure there are no scribbles and such.
- Working on.. -Just even more towards third dimensions and improvements on posture
- Even more variety to the scenery in the background, and imrpovements on the shapes of props.
- And lastly, how clothes are placed, overlapped, creased, folded, swayed and moved around -etc.

^ For anyone who has experience with any of these listed, it would be great to hear what anyone suggests.

I've also been looking at references, using skeletons, measuring how long, short, big, and small, things are.

I love doing traditional works, but I am not seeing much feedback or praise for doing it. I see the same thing happening to other traditional artists... It's like it's lost touch with things nowadays.

I'll greatly appreciate it and I am willing to take any criticism, advice, or tips on what I can do. Maybe I can even get into doing digital artwork. Please let me know any thoughts you may have!

My best peices!

Other places I am at;

Reason: Had to fix links. :P
Edited by SilverDrPepper
SilverDrPepper
Artist -

Hai ponies, hehe!

I am asking for advice in hopes to be better and am trying to find more ways I can improve my artwork. A lot of practice over the years has been towards drawing ponies and their over-all shape. I have done shading and coloring before, but those works have been removed due to depressions I've been going through. As of recent I've been drawing props and backgrounds! I see much improvement with that as well as trying to draw different poses and getting more details in clothing too!

My best peices!

"
My FA":https://www.furaffinity.net/user/revgroove/

Edited by SilverDrPepper
SilverDrPepper
Artist -

Hai ponies, hehe!

Edited by SilverDrPepper
SilverDrPepper
Artist -

Hai ponies, hehe!

Stay cozi!~ ^u^ :D

Edited by SilverDrPepper
SilverDrPepper
Artist -

Hai ponies, hehe!

Stay cozi!~ ^u^

"My FA": https://www.furaffinity.net/user/revgroove/

"
My DB Page": https://derpibooru.org/profiles/RevGroove

"
My twitter": https://twitter.com/Rev_Groove
Edited by SilverDrPepper