How can I put my work on Featured image?

The_Park
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I drew many painting for several years but nothing reached featured position.  
I thought no one suggested my images for the featured image  
Turns out they put images which no one suggested also.

What is the criteria for this?  
What should I do for seeing my work on featured place?
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

PM me your cute OCs
Mods nominate and vote on featured images. It’s a “supply and availability” thing mostly - there’s one image featured every three days, and during that time span there’s about 2500 images uploaded.

All I can say is keep creating art - the quality of your art is definitely good enough to be considered for featured. It’s just a matter of there being a lot of images/artists that deserve to get featured, and very few slots available. I think you could probably get there some day.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@The_Park  
That’s who you’re talking to.

Each member of staff can nominate an image that we like, all of staff vote on their favorite of all the nominated images, the winner is nominated.

There’s really no way to get a specific piece featured, it more of a popularity thing, but only staff vote.

Oh! But some of your works have been nominated in the past, but just didn’t win.

I particularly like

I’ll nominate it again, it’s one of my favorites. That’s no guarantee it’ll win but I will nominate it for a round :)
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@The_Park

Of course not, it might lose but it might not.

Anyway, no one controls the result. No one can make an image featured. It takes all of us to do that.

I hope this answered your question, and good luck!

And please keep making beautiful art :)
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@The_Park  
We select the image days or sometimes weeks before it is featured on the site. So even if the image I nominated had won, it could be August before it would be featured.

You are being a little impatient. Maybe one of your images will be featured, maybe it won’t. Many artists on the site would like to be featured, but only very few are.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide