Fifth Anniversary Community Collaboration

40kponyguy
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
I’m checking the other images under the “Absurd res” tag, and that one of Tessa is the biggest of the lot on the first page at least.

Something to note for next time. Avoid the high dpi settings!
phat_guy
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Funge-98 is Magic
Would a Trixie themed party hat and 5 year anniversary glasses (like those huge new year’s glasses) be overdoing it?

I’m doing it either way o3o
deactivated571477
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@Kaz  
Here’s a list of notable episodes of SpongeBob he wrote:  
Wet Painters (the one where SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally ruin Mr Krabs’ 1st dollar)  
Chocolate With Nuts  
Mid-Life Crustacean (the one with “Are you feeling it now Mr Krabs?”)  
I Had An Accident (the one where SpongeBob becomes a hermit and makes friends with inanimate objects, almost like Party of One…)  
CopyBob DittoPants (a more recent episode with a self-explanatory plot)
Kaz
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Ask the Next Person A Question Game

MurdershyIsHottest
@Kaz
Kazuhira Miller
@Kaz
Here’s a list of notable episodes of SpongeBob he wrote:
Wet Painters (the one where SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally ruin Mr Krabs’ 1st dollar)
Chocolate With Nuts
Mid-Life Crustacean (the one with “Are you feeling it now Mr Krabs?”)
I Had An Accident (the one where SpongeBob becomes a hermit and makes friends with inanimate objects, almost like Party of One…)
CopyBob DittoPants (a more recent episode with a self-explanatory plot)

wet painters ;3
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Minus  
>Anything that gives me an excuse to draw is a great thing….. so it’s nice to know you’re inspiring others to draw too.  
That’s entirely the goal! :D

>You’re gonna be SWAMPED in OCs.  
Hopefully

>So then, if it comes to it, perhaps halving (or quartering) the OCs into 2 (or 4) collages might work out better. I don’t want this image to have all these characters, only to have them all be shrunk down so much you can’t make out the details.  
There’s going to be a single picture with every workable submission in it. Though if the crowd is too large that a lot of detail is lost, then I’m not against creating sectional images as well. Good idea.

>if people keep ignoring the rules and getting themselves disqualified, maybe it’ll end up pretty small  
Only actual rule is the transparant background thing, for obvious reasons. Everything else is strongly-encouraged-but-flexible guidelines. I’ve had to disqualify over a dozen images because of the background thing already, but I’ve been PM’ing as I do so asking them to correct it.

>I wonder if I was one of the first users?  
You’re approximately the 16,235th member. Not too bad out of 180,000-something. I didn’t make that number up either.

> but I am so glad I did this  
Cheers!
Joey
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
Hey organizers, what perspective are we working with? Same as season cast portraits?

Approximately the same perspective, yes. Also, there’s not really a team of organizers, it’s just me.

@AaronMk  
tfw any OC I’ve ever made is a purpose-built character and not ever a representation of myself in any way.

Wouldn’t the OCs you created be, at a minimum, a reflection of your tastes and preferences? Why would you create an OC you wouldn’t like, after all? Even if they’re not ponified versions of you, any OC you make will still represent you in some way or another.

@Dreadmaster231  
So, 3D and Diamond Dogs are out the question then?

Diamond Dogs are canon species. 3D likely would stand out way too much though and detract from the surrounding characters.

@LapisAlchemist  
Rule about winged OC’es: what if they or half of them will be “in the sky”, then there will be more place on the ground for unable-to-fly OC’es? (Ask this ’cause my is pegasus.)
Art style: just plain vector as in the show?

Flying characters are gonna be something I have to work out, since they’d need more space. If there’s a few, then that’s no problem. If there’s a lot…. I’ll figure something out somehow

Art style, as noted, is any 2D art style - vector, raster (digital), traditional, etc.

@LapisAlchemist  
from what seasons of the show he want to take the background?

I have no idea yet. Background will be determined later, once I can make an estimate of how many characters will be in the final image.

@Andandampersand  
@Joey
could I prepare a back up one then of a different OC?
I would not be submitting both,

Of course!

@40kponyguy  
(I know Joey did say we could draw traditional art if no other option was available)

I never said “if no other option was available/only as a last resort” - I think traditional art is great!
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
So, after all that hassle I just ended up getting a… slightly higher resolution version of that OC.
(snip)
Think I may have overdone it a bit there….

I am legitimately impressed that you uploaded a 266-megapixel drawing. That is freaking awesome :D

@40kponyguy  
I’m checking the other images under the “Absurd res” tag, and that one of Tessa is the biggest of the lot on the first page at least.

>>809935 is likely the highest resolution image on the site - 1450 megapixels.

@phat_guy  
Would a Trixie themed party hat and 5 year anniversary glasses (like those huge new year’s glasses) be overdoing it?

That’s not overdoing it.

@HJSDGCE  
Toyminator900 just drew my OC.

Toyminator’s a cool guy for doing that for a few people!

@phat_guy  
It’s perfect!… Minus the sloppiness, white BG, and lack of inkscape (not yours, andandampersand, yours is cool). Ah, I’m just gonna vector this tomorrow or something.

That looks great! Just please don’t use the tag on WIPs - just finished images. That’s just how we’re keeping track of final submissions.

Though I probably should create a second tag for keeping track of all submissions vs approved ones (finished images with a transparent background)… Hmmm…

@Lobinchi  
@Joey
So, you’re the only one working on this?! OwO My… Wish i could help you >w< I’ll give you my support then!
(snip)
I was a bad cheerleader before, but it was fun >w<

Awww, thanks!
Some Pacifier Pone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Caption the Picture Above You
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <PacificGlow> DEEWKS NUTZ

um???? lmao???
>if people keep ignoring the rules and getting themselves disqualified, maybe it’ll end up pretty small
Only actual rule is the transparent background thing, for obvious reasons. Everything else is strongly-encouraged-but-flexible guidelines. I’ve had to disqualify over a dozen images because of the background thing already, but I’ve been PM’ing as I do so asking them to correct it.

Looks like Toyminator900’s submission of his OC is safe, then.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Why is this thread still open?