Viewing last 25 versions of post by ArrJaySketch in topic Artists you miss.

ArrJaySketch
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

"[@Background Pony #45B4":](/forums/art/topics/artists-you-miss?post_id=4824201#post_4824201
)  
I think we all feel that pain when art we love disappears forever; I think we can agree about that.

There is an important distinction, though; the art is "[copyright protection exists automatically when a work is created":](https://www.rightsdirect.com/international-copyright-basics/). The artists owns their works, and even if it is posted in a public place, the artist still owns their work. Rights have not been transferred to the public unless specifically stated by the copyright holder.

And there's another important bit that people overlook: one *_**cannot_*** control anyone else. Forcing someone to do anything against their will is coercion. Responding to an artist with force or threats most likely will make the artist feel like they are even more justified in taking down their art; this definitely won't make them feel like it's fun or worthwhile anymore.

It's a little counterintuitive but patience, kindness, and empathy can go really far. The reason usually isn't to make fans feel bad, it's usually a complicated personal reason. (Source: I took down art myself in another fandom a long time ago for some really deeply complicated personal reasons. Hurting others was the farthest thing from my mind. In truth, back then, I was really hurting badly myself and just wanted to disappear. There's a lot more to it than that, but I'm sure you get the idea. Eventually, I had a change of heart and re-posted much of my art in that fandom years later, after I resolved some of my personal issues. Some people may never re-post their art, though, and that's OK.)
No reason given
Edited by ArrJaySketch