[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
hello, i got a question for those who know a lot about crocodilians and their ancestry because i have a few questions about my MLP FIM race.
they are supposed to be alligators that convergently evolved to look like ponies, and can talk like them
so here is what i got about them
physical features:
they walk on all fours
they come in:
green
yellow
brown
reddish
their fins come in:
  • pale green
  • pale brown
  • pink (various colours and mostly on females and is a trait that is uncommon)
  • blue (mostly an uncommon trait as well)
  • red
males are bigger but females have longer fins that grow as they age
environment:
they live in swamps and can swim in saltwater but can’t live in it, they prefer freshwater
diet:
they eat both plants and meat
reproduction:
they lay eggs but like regular crocodilians, the baby’s gender is based on temperature
warm or cold-blooded?
they are warm-blooded since they are active creatures
unique skill:
they can climb trees
i think what i got is good but is there anything i need to change or is it all good?
if i need to change then here are things i do want to stay
-them walking on all fours
-them eating both plants and meat
-being warm-blooded
-the fins in their heads
please i just want to know because i want to someday draw something like a field guide and upload it because i think it would be cool and it would help me to be more organized too
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Mr100dragon100
That sounds cool. I can’t think of anything different for now.
Maybe they are very stealthy and can hunt quietly for animals like real alligators would.
Unlike crocodiles, alligators will not attack humans unless they get close to alligators. They are timid torwards humans. So maybe tjis can be intergrated?
You can check here for more on alligators
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

reformation is the best
i was thinking they are still aquatic to some extent and this is why they have webbed feet but if an ambush (in the water or land) does not work they can run after their pray
yes swamp ponies would not attack ponies unless they are a treat (and even at that their fighting would be more vocal and if that does not work a fight might start)
they are now friends with ponies (well mummies but they are still ponies)
what about what they eat?
I was thinking
seafood
deer
maybe wild foul
fruit
veg
maybe some desserts (idk if they can eat chocolate, but most likely they would eat something called carob)
and foods that ponies eat that are shared by them
but idk gators can eat bugs (as babies), racoons, turtles and stuff but i don’t want them to look bad when it comes to turtles (or tortoises) because they are nice animals, same with racoons but there is also the whole rabies problem so i don’t want to deal with that.
idk about bugs i was thinking maybe young swamp ponies do but they are too small and i don’t want them to look weird but even if they won’t look weird it won’t make sense due to baby swamp ponies being bigger than baby gators
also, they hunt alone but will team up if the prey is big they live in family groups but with close family members
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
After getting my Apple Pencil, I doodled a bunch of stars in Procreate to get a feel for switching from 3DS to iPad for digital drawing.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
A 1-Up Mushroom, drawn during my practice with the Apple Pencil. (I maxed out the “stability” because my hand is pretty shaky)
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
hello, i have a question:
if i drew or used a land mass generator and downloaded the image is there a free (no download) biome map simulator where i can upload my land mas and the site can simulate where the proper biomes would be located on said map?
because I’m having a hard time thinking about where my characters would live and how the habitat would look too since is hard to know what a biome of a place you came up with would be like so i rather let some AI give ideas for me
Mr100dragon100
Artist -

reformation is the best
i hate that my comic got two dislikes, i know is nothing but is bad when it took all week to do my comic and i have to rest and sadly the quality dips
i hate that i can’t seem to make a comic look good like my cover art for the current chapter i wish i can go back and re-do it but is just too much work and is wish i can ask someone to do the colouring and stuff but i don’t want to go through problems, miscommunication or risk of my work being stolen.
is dishearting to get more dislikes when you try so hard especially when you procrastinate or whatever
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide