[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

40kponyguy
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
@Mildgyth
I use A4 myself.
The paper is easier to get and cheaper (literally a block of copier paper sets me back about £3 for 500 sheets).
And I think my scanner will actually take A3. It’s a Lexmark printer with a flatbed scanner on top which I got given by my dad when he upgraded his PC. I got his old one. No idea how much it’s worth now of course, (although the printer cartridges for it are ridiculous prices).
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
It is, and i used to draw on that too, but i’ve found that it not only allows for less detail, i also need to be extra careful when erasing things on it, because if i am not, i might end up warping the paper while trying to erase something, like it happened here: >>1313202. With the paper i use now, that has less risk of happening.
Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
i wonder if there ate televisions in Equestria, there are big giant screens in manehattan and they work like in new york on earth, there are movie theatres in equestria too so i think tv being in Equestria is not far reached, i just saying because i wonder if it’s ok i can add certain tech in my own land in my AU
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Mildgyth
What’s the grammage of your A3 sheets compared to the A4 ones you used before?
Upping my A4 sheets from 60 g/m² to 90 g/m² solved the issue I had with the paper almost tearing through after erasing and redrawing too much. Not the same problem as accidentally twisting the paper when you erase something, but after you mentioned it, I realized I haven’t warped any sheet since I switched. Even though I still draw the same way.
Soobel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

more amore best amore
Best paper are “vatman” for tecnical drawings. I have scanned A3 through my A4 scanner, there was needed to scan upper half, down half and center of the sheet. And later i melded them together with photoshop.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Mildgyth
Thanks for the answer.
That might be why the A3’s sturdier. If you don’t mind the loss of detail you mentioned, might be worth it to check a few higher-grammage A4 leafs for the sake of easier scanning.
90 is the highest I found in supermarkets but I didn’t check art or printing shops, they may have sturdier leafs. And available in smaller stacks, so that you don’t end up with 499 leafs you don’t need if things don’t pan out…
Another reason might be that the bigger size means you more often/easily draw farther away from the edges. In my experience, rubbing an eraser towards a leaf from outside on the return moves was how I folded the leafs. And I remembered that I’d also become much more careful when I erase near the edges by the time I switched to 90 g/m².
Hope this is useful to you.
Background Pony #2F0C
(Former) art of my “Equestria Girls” self. Former in that I’ll no longer use this design when I draw more “canon x OC” pics based on Equestria Girls.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide