[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
Never welcome me here, my dear child. I’ve been actually here since like “eons” ago and I was just a dormant volcano waiting to erupt, that is my creative artistic juices.
I’m just too damn lazy af sitting on my couch watching MMA and Dragon Ball Z on television and my mobile phone 24/7. ;)
Background Pony #B36D
I followed a “how to draw” on TikTok of a rose, I drew it on “Colors Live” on Switch and colored it pink like my pink roses in New Horizons.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
I’m at the point again where I desperately want guidance, but have no idea where to look. A community to ask when I second-guess myself. Where ever I post, my requests for help get ignored. I try to give back, it’s not like I dump my problems and disappear without attempting to help others with their stuff. Can any of y’all recommend a place/group/something?
The piece in question: https://imgur.com/a/HgRdjKz (suggestive)
KaraRara
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Enough of humanity
@saby
Hi, hmmm I would like to help but if it’s suggestive, I don’t really want to see :c
Did you try some Discord serv like Ponyfest?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Karadeg_(Rarity_Lover)
Here’s a thoroughly non-suggestive version. My inquiry considers the wing highlights. I like them otherwise, but compared to the rest of the piece, they seem excessive. https://i.imgur.com/hii9gpm.png
As for Discord, I only know of the DB server and the art server I’ve been on for a few years. I’ll look into PonyFest, thanks for the suggestion.
KaraRara
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Enough of humanity
@saby
Oh I see :) I like them too but maybe you can reduce a little the highlight zone :o
Me I draw DB a lot but I’m only on MLP servs x)
Otherwise I’ll going to sleep but I can answer tomorrow if you have question or DM me if you want :)
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@saby
So I nuked my wall’o’text to keep it short.
Picture
Highlights too excessive on the wings, keep them small and close to the outline, like you did on the ears. The shadow on the ground tells me the light comes from either above or the front of the mare, so you’re going for edge highlighting.
Guidance
Try to find someone to talk to in real-time. Probably on Discord. A group, a friend, an acquaintance… someone who can actually commit to talking to you regularly. So that when they ask “okay, but guidance about what?” you can immediately answer and you both work from there.
Instead of having to wait for clarification. I didn’t think of the highlights until your second post. I thought the shoulder was the thing that was off.
I don’t know anyone like that though. I don’t talk to people much.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Roseluck
Oh boy that went into some depth! Very helpful, thank you!
Also yeah the shoulder… is a bit tricky. AFAIK from all the sketching I did before committing to lineart, it’s anatomically valid, the pose just makes it look out of place. Having said that, I’m changing the foreleg’s placement a bit to make it longer.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@saby
You’re welcome.
Yeah, only some depth. It’s easier for me to explain writing things because I can just type up a new sentence to show what I mean. Art? Well, I’d need to redraw (part of) the thing myself and find somewhere to upload it temporarily. So I can only explain with words, and I’m not really good at explaining myself… or at least at making it short and to the point.
So, about the shoulder.
I can only eyeball it since there’s the wing in the way, but I’m picturing the curve of her body underneath and I feel the shoulder joint should be closer to the wing’s. Both a little more to the right and a little higher.
The big problem I see with the shoulder though, is that your mare is all curves… and I really mean all curves, even the tail bow’s corners are a little smoothed over. But then there’s this sharp, hard angle that looks like it’s been done with a set square sticking out of her chest. It’s basically two straight lines meeting together.
Only thing left I can think about is her ponytail. Is it supposed to be on the left side of the back of her head, like a singular pigtail? Because if it’s supposed to be in the middle, I feel it doesn’t look that way. Of course, I may be wrong, and maybe you don’t want even more work on this.
Though looking at it, I think it’d be a ‘simple’ matter of putting the (top of the) ponytail behind the rest of the hair. Don’t know if you used layers on this though.
As far as highlights go… I suck at light and shadow, so I can only eyeball it at ‘everything save the wings (as mentioned earlier) looks good to me.’
And obviously, all of this is my subjective, not-really-educated-in-arts opinion. Hence all the “I feel” and all. I may be wrong.
Finally, save for those little bits, the picture looks great.
(Removed the part where I’m pretty sure I mixed you up with someone else in this thread.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide