[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

KaraRara
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Enough of humanity
@Beth  
oh thanks owo  
I always wanted to make Yugi Judai and Yusei together uwu

But after, I’ll be back on mlp uwu maybe some g5 drawing :o
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Senpai Sven Pie  
Don’t know about the best way and “keep drawing” is kinda hilariously vague… but it’s probably a good way, yeah.

Improving is about making the good better, making the bad less bad or even removing it and all that stuff. Or I assume that at least. So the real first step is to notice those flaws. Whether you’re actually capable of fixing them or not. (I’m pretty sure I couldn’t get shading anywhere near right even if I devoted my whole life to it.)

Different art styles also mean you need to realize what isn’t a flaw too. I guess. Never had my own style, always mimicked whatever cartoon I drew fanart of.

Can’t tell that say, the arms look off until you’ve drawn these arms (and maybe the rest of the body) after all.

As for finding the fix for what’s off, or even making something good even better, well. There’s obviously trial and error (if you don’t have the end result in your mind as you draw), redrawing the thing until it fits your plan (if you do) and references.

Show accurate style for me, so I’ve got hundreds of screencaps in my folders. And thousands of other pics for inspiration or references of things that aren’t in the show. Or just my previous drawings. But I’m kinda obsessed with 100% consistency.

Speaking of which. Another ‘realize/remove your flaws’ thing. Realized that perfectionism thing had become a liability rather than an asset not long ago. So I kicked it into the abyss and my 2,5 last uploads were completely vectored in one weekend instead of weeks spent kitbashing/tracing screencaps together for one picture in the name of 100% consistency with the show.

Not one headache, dozens of hours saved, better results I like better too. Win/win/win.

So yeah. Keeping drawing’s a good way to know what needs improving (or could be made even better if it was already good enough). Looking at other art and criticism from other people are the other two ways I can think of. And only the ‘get comments’ one is something you can’t do entirely on your own.

“Why not?” can also happen when you keep drawing. One day I decided to start coloring and highlighting my sketches, because “why not?” and I was curious how it’d look. And now I love the sketches in my folders even more.

@Karadeg_(Rarity_Lover)  
That’s ridiculously good.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide