[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

Mr100dragon100
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
@SundayRain  
basically is about spooky creatures like vampires, werewolf-like creatures, and others, currently, I have a comic going on but the quality visually is ehhh but is because I get lazy, tired or I just want to finish but now I try to make it look good and I’m planning a wiki-like a thing which I’m in the process of making.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Gameplay The Pony  
Yup. I think It’s fine to post it here. Well done with the finger-wing pose, btw.  
The subject matter is super triggering so you may want to spoil it just in case. But I don’t see why you can’t post it here otherwise.  
It may be grimdark, but it’s still SFW in a sense.

I’ve been meaning to ask; do you want critique on how to get your art’s fundamentals to be more sound? I promise you that you can express yourself much more freely with a sound fundamentals.
deactivated103f39d

@Gameplay The Pony
Yup. I think It’s fine to post it here. Well done with the finger-wing pose, btw.
The subject matter is super triggering so you may want to spoil it just in case. But I don’t see why you can’t post it here otherwise.
It may be grimdark, but it’s still SFW in a sense.
I’ve been meaning to ask; do you want critique on how to get your art’s fundamentals to be more sound? I promise you that you can express yourself much more freely with a sound fundamentals.

How?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Gameplay The Pony  
how…what, spoiler your post or how to learn art fundamentals? I can probably teach you what I know about the latter. I’m still a total noob but I’m pretty confident my fundamentals are more sound that yours–at least, judging by what you’ve been posting here.

Everybody here can help everybody grow. Btw is there like a Discord channel for MLP-Artist and stuff?
deactivated103f39d

@Gameplay The Pony
how…what, spoiler your post or how to learn art fundamentals? I can probably teach you what I know about the latter. I’m still a total noob but I’m pretty confident my fundamentals are more sound that yours–at least, judging by what you’ve been posting here.
Everybody here can help everybody grow. Btw is there like a Discord channel for MLP-Artist and stuff?

Fundamentals.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Gameplay The Pony  
well, we can always practice the basics of basics: Lines (or curves)  
practice the ICS curves. I.e Lines, C-Curves and S curves. Get used to them, and get used to making them in one stroke. It’s alright to go over the same curves again and again. I actually encourage it.

ICS Curves. It will definitely boost the expression in your art a lot better. OH and uh, start with pencil and pen, if you don’t have a tablet / drawing pad with a stylus.

practicing drawing with a mouse is doable too, if you really want to go that way. Anyway for now, CURVES. ICS.

How to practice is simple enough. draw two points and connect them with either a line, a C curve or an S curve. Do it confidently. Don’t matter if you overshot or missed the target. In time you get better. oh and don’t be afraid to rotate the paper / digital canvas too. You don’t have to force yourself drawing curves from funny angles.

Confident don’t mean fast, confident means that you don’t fear how the line would look. The brain has this tendency to micromanage so if you’re not making your marks confidently, you will see wobbly lines, or lines with no sense of end nor beginning.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

As far as an art server for MLP artists, there’s the MLP Drawing School’s server.
You can find a link to the place here
Khell Yeeeaaah! Thanx bruh! Time to show up and get utterly humbled and rekt and get my ego checked (ho ho, rhymes) because everybody is just way too good.
deactivated103f39d

@Gameplay The Pony
well, we can always practice the basics of basics: Lines (or curves)
practice the ICS curves. I.e Lines, C-Curves and S curves. Get used to them, and get used to making them in one stroke. It’s alright to go over the same curves again and again. I actually encourage it.
ICS Curves. It will definitely boost the expression in your art a lot better. OH and uh, start with pencil and pen, if you don’t have a tablet / drawing pad with a stylus.
practicing drawing with a mouse is doable too, if you really want to go that way. Anyway for now, CURVES. ICS.
How to practice is simple enough. draw two points and connect them with either a line, a C curve or an S curve. Do it confidently. Don’t matter if you overshot or missed the target. In time you get better. oh and don’t be afraid to rotate the paper / digital canvas too. You don’t have to force yourself drawing curves from funny angles.
Confident don’t mean fast, confident means that you don’t fear how the line would look. The brain has this tendency to micromanage so if you’re not making your marks confidently, you will see wobbly lines, or lines with no sense of end nor beginning.

Aaah I see now.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@tehwatever
What are the fundamentals to you. Like what do you see a key to making quality art.
your stuff is quality art, because I see the following:

-solid construction. you probably have mapped out a sketch of the underlying structure  
-solid perspective. you already have an idea of how a thing looks from different angles.  
-solid gesture. you can convey a pose or body movement with as little lines as possible.  
-solid anatomy. you have a good idea of what your characters’ elements are, their proportions and how they’re connected to each other.

That’s what I got from talking with discord artists lol. at least for character drawings.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide