[SFW] Artist's Group Chat

Mr100dragon100
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

reformation is the best
Inkscape could be a bit complicated for me so I use MS Paint and Krita and I think the results work well

I’m doing the second chapter of my series and there may be a few hit or misses there but so far I’m doing well here is an example of the art (not from the comic)

have I’ve improved?

Drheartdoodles
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Doodle Horse
Hey guys I got a Question:  
A big MLP artist I’m following on Twitter was doing an art trade with me but hasn’t replied back in nearly a month and isn’t responding to any of my messages yet is both active on Discord AND Twitter. I gave him my drawing  
and he gave me a sketch then never replied back.

Would I be wrong to call him out on it or should I just drop it?
deactivated103f39d

Hey guys I got a Question:
A big MLP artist I’m following on Twitter was doing an art trade with me but hasn’t replied back in nearly a month and isn’t responding to any of my messages yet is both active on Discord AND Twitter. I gave him my drawing
and he gave me a sketch then never replied back.
Would I be wrong to call him out on it or should I just drop it?

Sounds like he might have scammed you.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
Is it really common for people to lose their sense of memory when you were a kid, you draw with memory that you couldn’t even use references?

I’m struggling with just allowing my mind to use the references.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Flutter_Lover  
My slight dyslexia and lack of english proficiency is kicking in and I’m having trouble understanding your first sentence. Are you asking:

If it’s really common for people to lose their sense of memory that they had when they were very young? Or are you saying that children drew from memory because they couldn’t use reference? I’m sorry I’m a beginner englishman (that’s not even the right word) and I’m having trouble with the question.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I find myself having trouble recalling references from memory; as in, I cannot just draw without the reference and expect it to come out decent. UNLESS, it’s one that I’ve done multiple times regularly.

If your problem is the inability to use the reference, it’s most probably because you haven’t learned HOW to use a reference. I’m not kidding, there’s a technique to “STEALING” from a reference. You must figure out the simplest, most manageable shapes that make up the reference, and recreate them.

Literally you’re reading the reference. You must comprehend the reference before you can answer the questions pertaining to the text or summarize it to others.
Flutter_Lover
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

#WaifuLivesMatter
I should’ve put it more simple….

It was easy to draw from memory from childhood, now it seems hard to draw without memory.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

It was easy to draw from memory from childhood, now it seems hard to draw without memory.
wait no I’m still getting that confusion. let’s break down each clause.
It was easy to draw from memory from childhood.
Do you mean to say “when I was young it was easy to draw from memory” or “It was easy to draw using inspirations from chilhood memory”?
now it seems hard to draw without memory.
Do you mean to say “Now as an adult it’s harder for me to draw from memory (aka without reference).” or “I now don’t have good memories from which I can draw inspirations from.”

I’m genuinely curious now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide