Viewing last 25 versions of post by Roseluck in topic [SFW] Artist's Group Chat

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

[@saby](/forums/art/topics/artists-group-chat?post_id=5152348#post_5152348)
You're welcome.

Yeah, only *some* depth. It's easier for me to explain writing things because I can just type up a new sentence to show what I mean. Art? Well, I'd need to redraw (part of) the thing myself and find somewhere to upload it temporarily. So I can only explain with words, and I'm not really good at explaining myself... or at least at making it short and to the point.

So, about the shoulder.

I can only eyeball it since there's the wing in the way, but I'm picturing the curve of her body underneath and I **feel** the shoulder joint should be closer to the wing's. Both a little more to the right and a little higher.

The *big* problem I see with the shoulder though, is that your mare is all curves... and I really mean *all curves*, even the tail bow's corners are a little smoothed over. But then there's this sharp, hard angle that looks like it's been done with a set square sticking out of her chest. It's basically two straight lines meeting together.

Only thing left I can think about is her ponytail. Is it supposed to be on the *left* side of the back of her head, like a singular pigtail? Because if it's supposed to be in the middle, I feel it doesn't look that way. Of course, I may be wrong, and maybe you don't want even more work on this.

Though looking at it, I think it'd be a 'simple' matter of putting the (top of the) ponytail behind the rest of the hair. Don't know if you used layers on this though.

As far as *highlights* go... I suck at light and shadow, so I can only eyeball it at 'everything save the wings (as mentioned earlier) looks good to me.'

And obviously, all of this is my subjective, not-really-educated-in-arts opinion. Hence all the "I feel" and all. I may be wrong.

Finally, save for those little bits, the picture looks great.

%(Removed the part where I'm *pretty sure* I mixed you up with someone else in this thread.)%
No reason given
Edited by Roseluck
Roseluck

You're welcome.

Yeah, only *some* depth. It's easier for me to explain writing things because I can just type up a new sentence to show what I mean. Art? Well, I'd need to redraw (part of) the thing myself and find somewhere to upload it temporarily. So I can only explain with words, and I'm not really good at explaining myself... or at least at making it short and to the point.

So, about the shoulder.

I can only eyeball it since there's the wing in the way, but I'm picturing the curve of her body underneath and I **feel** the shoulder joint should be closer to the wing's. Both a little more to the right and a little higher.

The *big* problem I see with the shoulder though, is that your mare is all curves... and I really mean *all curves*, even the tail bow's corners are a little smoothed over. But then there's this sharp, hard angle that looks like it's been done with a set square sticking out of her chest. It's basically two straight lines meeting together.

Only thing left I can think about is her ponytail. Is it supposed to be on the *left* side of the back of her head, like a singular pigtail? Because if it's supposed to be in the middle, I feel it doesn't look that way. Of course, I may be wrong, and maybe you don't want even more work on this.

Though looking at it, I think it'd be a 'simple' matter of putting the (top of the) ponytail behind the rest of the hair. Don't know if you used layers on this though.

As far as *highlights* go... I suck at light and shadow, so I can only eyeball it at 'everything save the wings (as mentioned earlier) looks good to me.'

And obviously, all of this is my subjective, not-really-educated-in-arts opinion. Hence all the "I feel" and all. I may be wrong.

Finally, save for those little bits, the picture looks great. ~~If I r

(R
ecall right, ymou'ved not bheen drawing for long so I was surprised art seeing something so well-done and in-depth after I clicked your link.~~ I'm checked you*pr artist tag, you've been at it for years, forget the struck-throughe* part! I think I mixed you up with someone else in this thread.)
No reason given
Edited by Roseluck
Roseluck

You're welcome.

So, about the shoulder.

Finally, save for those little bits, the picture looks great. ~~If I recall right, you've not been drawing for long so I was surprised at seeing something so well-done and in-depth after I clicked your link.~~ I checked your artist tag, you've been at it for years, forget the struck-through part! I think I mixed you up with someone else in this thread.
No reason given
Edited by Roseluck
Roseluck

You're welcome.

So, about the shoulder.

Finally, save for those little bits, the picture looks great. ~~If I recall right, you've not been drawing for long so I was surprised at seeing something so well-done and in-depth after I clicked your link.~~ I checked your artist tag, you've been at it for years, forget the struck-through part! I think I mixed you up with someone else.
No reason given
Edited by Roseluck
Roseluck

You're welcome.

So, about the shoulder.

Finally, save for those little bits, the picture looks great. ~~If I recall right, you've not been drawing for long so I was surprised at seeing something so well-done and in-depth after I clicked your link.~~ I checked your artist tag, you've been at it for years, forget the struck-through part!
No reason given
Edited by Roseluck