Viewing last 25 versions of post by GreenLinzerd in topic [SFW] Artist's Group Chat

GreenLinzerd
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Bung a rock at it!
"@GreenLinzerd":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422951#post_4422951
[bq="GreenLinzerd"] "@40kponyguy":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422309#post_4422309
[bq="40kponyguy"] "@GreenLinzerd":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422241#post_4422241
I wouldn't call it 'training'

I think the word we're looking for here is 'practice'.

Look at virtually any artist here, and you'll see a noticeable improvement from their first uploads when put beside their latest artwork. [/bq]Well no kidding. I was just trying to fit tehwatever's use of the word into my answer because that's the closest thing I do to "training".

"@tehwatever":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422311#post_4422311
[bq="tehwatever"] "@GreenLinzerd":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422241#post_4422241
As for training, I kinda pick up a habit of drawing freehand circles, straight lines, ICS curves and point to point single strokes before I even try to sketch. I told you, I'm not really gifted so I need to warm up before going in.

If I sketch before warming up then my circles look squiggly or flat on one side, my lines look uncommitted and my curves don't bend where I want them. I usually do about five minutes warm up draw for an hour / 45 minutes, then take a ten minutes break, then draw again until I'm out of time. [/bq]Eh, I don't think needing to warm up has much to do with talent. It's a recommended thing in general. I sometimes do very quick warmups and then start drawing whatever I wanted to do in the first place. It does still take me a bit to get into the zone though...

But I have to ask, what in the fiblay is an ICS curve?? [/bq]
Reason: i love this site
Edited by GreenLinzerd
GreenLinzerd
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Bung a rock at it!
"@GreenLinzerd":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422951#post_4422951
[bq="GreenLinzerd"] "@40kponyguy":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422309#post_4422309
[bq="40kponyguy"] "@GreenLinzerd":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422241#post_4422241
I wouldn't call it 'training'.

I think the word we're looking for here is 'practice'.

Look at virtually any artist here, and you'll see a noticeable improvement from their first uploads when put beside their latest artwork. [/bq]Well no kidding. I was just trying to fit tehwatever's use of the word into my answer because that's the closest thing I do to "training".

"@tehwatever":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422311#post_4422311
[bq="tehwatever"] "@GreenLinzerd":/art/artists-group-chat/post/4422241#post_4422241
As for training, I kinda pick up a habit of drawing freehand circles, straight lines, ICS curves and point to point single strokes before I even try to sketch. I told you, I'm not really gifted so I need to warm up before going in.

If I sketch before warming up then my circles look squiggly or flat on one side, my lines look uncommitted and my curves don't bend where I want them. I usually do about five minutes warm up draw for an hour / 45 minutes, then take a ten minutes break, then draw again until I'm out of time. [/bq]Eh, I don't think needing to warm up has much to do with talent. It's a recommended thing in general. I sometimes do very quick warmups and then start drawing whatever I wanted to do in the first place. It does still take me a bit to get into the zone though...

But I have to ask, what in the fiblay is an ICS curve?? [/bq]
No reason given
Edited by GreenLinzerd