2023 Derpibooru Community Collab

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #918E
Edits aren’t unheard of, so it might solve something, but from what I can see the problem was that your group didn’t identify the thing being held as a child. There are 20 figures, 18 OC tags, and only one ‘unnamed OC’, so it looked like the faces of all the figures were shown.
And, in fact, they were. That’s the problem with large projects like this - everyone has expectations. Joey I believe works to make sure all the faces of OCs are visible. But in your image, someone had to show me what it was that was missing, because it just looks like a bundle of some sort. There’s no face shown, so …
That’s what happened. Can it be fixed? Maybe? If there are addition revs of the collaboration then talking about it and helping others understand what the problem is would be one way to make sure your group shot got a chance to be changed in the speculative fix.
But, as it is, I had to reverse-engineer what the problem was. And, to be honest, I would not be surprised if I missed something that is important to you.
To be clear, I don’t know if there’s going to be another rev of the image. But if there were, and you wanted a change to how your group shot is shown, then letting Joey know what you would like is the only way that could happen.
Posted Report
Background Pony #918E
@Ciaran
The point of why I posted here at all was just concern about the enjoyment of the person who has to compile the image, not to do anything about my submission. I let it go, and I didn’t want to make a spectacle of myself, so I used the anonymous option just to get unwillingly be routed out. Instead, I got this situation which is the opposite of what I wanted.
Posted Report
Background Pony #FF87
@Background Pony #918E
If you just wanted to talk about your concern of the person making the image, there was no need to talk about how there were issues with people’s OCs. If you wanted to include that, you could’ve just mentioned how there were a few issues with people’s submissions rather than having to point out yours.
Posted Report
Background Pony #918E
@Background Pony #FF87
It was a secondary point, with a personal tie. None of that is out of the question. People who are tired of doing something or complacent make mistakes or overlook things. Hence another point to add to the concern on whether or not it was something he wanted to do.
Posted Report
soccy-draws
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

"artist"
@Background Pony #FF87
It was a secondary point, with a personal tie. None of that is out of the question. People who are tired of doing something or complacent make mistakes or overlook things. Hence another point to add to the concern on whether or not it was something he wanted to do.
That goes both ways, actually. People make mistakes. We’re humans after all, and the last time I checked, none of us were perfect.
Yes, it’s true that tired and complacent people make more mistakes, and it doesn’t make it any less false that enthusiastic, energetic, ambitious people don’t make them. Just look at… pretty much all artists. Regardless how productive and perfectionistic their approach is, you’ll always be able to find mistakes if you look hard and close enough. It’s the nature of the beast.
And this megacollab? It’s not a work of a person that spent 10 minutes on it and call it “good enough”. Just look at it. A giant crowd of ponies absolutely everywhere, and placing every character in a way that their head is seen and they all seemingly fit together is quite a bit of an undertaking.
But then what can happen? Miss-click on the wrong layer and one of the characters hides behind the other, and you don’t realize it until someone brings it up… I’m just saying – mistakes can happen. Doesn’t mean the person doesn’t enjoy what they’re doing if some mistakes occur.
Background Pony #918E
@soccy-draws
Why are people just singling out one part of what I said and making assumptions? It was never speed, it was never saying he was absolutely perfect beforehand and that making a mistake is something completely new, and I never said mistakes correlate to no enjoyment whatsoever. The combination of random mistakes and lack of user interactivity for such a long period of time in comparison to the collaborations past rose a question to me, which I had posed. This isn’t some in depth analysis, it was a simple worry that I placed, which I did anonymously, just to be dragged out as well.
I am not trying to have some kind of hate speech or whatever that everyone needs to rise to arms to defend.
I am not complaining about how long the collab takes.
I am not making someone out to be perfect and a mistake is now heinous and out of the ordinary.
I am not trying to complain about my submission, nor do anything about it, because it so relatively minor in comparison to the giant final piece, that I really don’t care anymore.
All I am doing is expressing. A. Concern.
Posted Report
Background Pony #FF87
@Background Pony #918E
Your original intent may have been just showing your concern to someone, but you had very poorly worded it. If you had been trying to express a concern, then there was no point in pointing out the mistakes that had been made. The way you had worded your original and this reply seemed to be pointing out that there had been some mistakes, as if the collab should be perfect because if the person enjoys it, it should be flawless and they should stop if it’s not. There is no need to mention yourself if you’re concerned about someone else, as it will drag the conversation to be about you and your submission.
If you really don’t care about this anymore, then try telling everyone to simply drop the topic and move on instead of continuing to defend yourself. If you are still concerned, maybe try another way of wording your post or directly contacting the person? But hey if you want to continue this I’m not stopping you.
- BGP #FF87
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
This is starting to feel like a bit of a dogpile for 3 days now… They expressed their concern, I think it’s 200% if we all move on now…
Posted Report
Background Pony #918E
@Background Pony #FF87
Dear God, if that wasn’t excruciatingly obvious already, yes, please leave me the hell alone. If you want to completely misinterpret what I’ve said, go ahead, but I’m unsubscribing from this forum.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: alright we're done here