2021 Derpibooru Community Collab

Princess Celestia
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Administrator
Devops
full

2020 has been a difficult year for all of us. Many, including us, have faced hardships and challenges during this year. Some events happened that affected the whole world and the way we live our lives. However, I on behalf of the entire Derpibooru team, would like us all to have more good things coming out of this year. As it stands, it is time for us all to come together once more, to draw and to get our characters drawn, to have fun and good memories… it is time to begin our newest Derpibooru Community Collaboration. Let’s all have fun and let the year end on a positive note, of all of us coming together, smiling and having fun, despite everything that life has thrown at us.

full  
The Derpibooru Community Collaboration is an annual showcase of who we are as a community. Every year, hundreds of artists and fans gather together to create a massive group photograph showing off the original characters of our community. The collaboration is open to everyone in the MLP art community, whether you’re an artist, a member of the site, or just someone who has an OC they want to show off!

For example, here is the 2020 Community Collab, which featured a staggering 1618 characters drawn by over 730 artists!  

full  
It’s simple! Just upload a picture of your OC posting for the metaphorical camera, and add the 2021 community collab tag to your image. That’s all there is to it! It can be an image you created yourself, or one that someone else drew for you.

It is very important that you add the 2021 community collab tag to your image. If your submission does not have that tag, I will not see it, and therefore it won’t be included in the final image.

full  
The deadline for submitting images is Sunday, January 3rd, 2021 at 23:59:59 GMT PST (GMT-8).

full  
These rules have changed a bit from previous years, so please be sure to read through them thoroughly.

1. All submissions must be rated “safe” and may not have any tags that would be hidden or spoilered by the Default Filter.  
  2. All digital art submissions must be either a PNG or SVG file that has a transparent background. Traditional art submissions are an exception this this rule, but editing out the background and saving it as a PNG would be greatly appreciated.  
  3. Any 2D art style is welcome.  
  4. Images of a pony sitting or standing on all fours should be a minimum of 800px in height, head-to-hoof. 1200px is preferred. Images of ponies standing on their hind legs or in an unusual pose should be proportional.  
  5. Characters should be original art – images created using a “pony generator” or puppet are not allowed.  
  6. Original characters only. If you want to sneak a canon character in, plushies are magic ;)  
  7. Ponies should be a normal-sized show-canon species (pony, griffon, etc). Original species are welcome, so long as they’re in a believable show-style appearance. Sorry, but no humans, anthro, or EqG-style OCs. Likewise, please do not submit adult dragons, ursas, sea serpants or any large species.  
  8. Characters should have a believable, canon-esque appearance (no insane clothing, large accessories, etc).  
  9. Characters should be posing for the camera and not doing anything too overly insane (but having some fun is allowed).  
  10. Winged characters should be standing/sitting on the ground. Please do not draw a character flying unless you have been giving permission first. See below for more information about having a character flying in the image.  
  11. If you own multiple OCs, you may submit up to two of them, but they have to be together in a single image file. Please do not submit more than two of your own OCs, or two separate images of “solo” OCs. This rule applies to who owns the OC, not necessary who drew it.  
  12. Submissions may not have any watermark or signature that obstructs the image.  
  13. Characters should not be offensive in design, likely to cause intentional controversy, be created with the intent to troll, or otherwise have a negative impact on the final image.  
  14. Characters should be drawn completely from head-to-hoof. Please do not crop the image, or create an image that it cut off at the waist, legs, etc.  
  15. OCs belonging to people who have been permanently banned from Derpibooru (especially multiple times) are not accepted.  
    16) You must have the right to use the character you intend to submit to the collab. If the character does not belong to you, please check in with their owner to see if they are okay with their character being a part of the collab.

Due to the nature of this project, all submissions to the collaboration are considered immune to DNPs and takedown requests. If you’re submitting an OC drawn by someone else, please be sure to verify that this is alright with the artist first. Likewise, if you are submitting an OC owned by someone else, please ensure they are ok with it (and not already drawing/having someone else draw their character).

full  
    full  
    The goal of this collab is to allow everyone to show off their current character designs and abilities as an artist. Therefore, please submit some newer artwork – either something drawn within the past few months, or even better, create a brand new image for the collab! We won’t say “no” to an older image, as we understand that not everyone has time and we want as many people as possible to be involved, but please do not resubmit an image that was already in a previous collaboration.

full  
    There is no specific theme for this collab. However, it will be set against a wintery background, so feel free to draw your character bundled up for the cold!

full  
    Since characters should be facing the camera, it’s preferable that they either be looking straight towards the viewer (portrait view) or at an angle (3/4ths view), as shown in the below examples. Although allowed, it’s discouraged to submit characters that are looking/facing straight to the side (profile view), as those are harder to place within the image, and likely will be pushed towards the sides of the image.  

full  
    Accessories and clothing are always allowed and welcome, but due to how crowded the picture will likely be, things may be covered up as well. It’s recommended that any accessories be held close to the character’s head, as shown in the examples below.  

full  
    If you’d like to submit a photo featuring multiple characters (such as your OC with a friend), that is completely welcome! But again, due to how crowded the image will be, please keep the characters close together and don’t have any large gaps between them. Likewise, if you and your friends are submitting multiple “solo” images that you would like grouped together, please just post such a request in this thread, linking all the images, and we’ll see what we can do!

Note that requests for characters from multiple separate images to be grouped together must be posted in this thread. If a request is not submitted via this thread, it likely will not happen.

full  
    Non-canon species are allowed so long as they’re not too far of a departure from a show canon species. There’s not really any clear way to describe it, but just ask if you’re unsure.

>>2219455s (deleted)

full  
    Generally, all characters in the image will be standing/sitting on the ground. However, we typically have a few flying OCs in the air so that there is no empty space above the main group. These characters are a subject to quality control, and their owners are strictly encouraged to make their submissions as interesting as possible without going too extravagant. As such, group submissions for flying characters will get priority in our selection process, as well as applications which feature the most interesting idea(s) for the pose/activity.

These applications are NOT first-come-first-serve, you can submit them at any time and have equal chances as those who submit on day 1.

Send your flying character application here!

full  
    One of the great things about this community is that there is always someone willing to help! If you need help drawing your OC (or even designing one) to participate in the collab, simply post in the help thread.

Likewise, if you’re an artist who would like to help someone who can’t draw, just keep an eye on that thread for requests, or even feel free to make a post advertising that you’re willing to help!

Learn more in the help thread here!

full  
    Q: How do I submit an OC to this project?  
    A: Just upload it to Derpibooru, and add the 2021 community collab tag. That’s all there is to it!

Q: I’m not an artist/I can’t draw my OC. Does that mean I’m excluded?  
    A: Not at all, if you’re part of Derpibooru’s community, or the MLP fandom in general, you’re welcome to include your OC in the project, even if the picture was drawn by someone else!

Q: Can a submission have multiple OCs?  
    A: Of course! If you would like to submit one image that contains multiple OCs, that is completely welcome! Though it is highly recommended you check with the owners/creators of the other OCs first before doing so.

Q: I hate those rules! My OC/image doesn’t meet them!  
    A: If the image you want to submit doesn’t fall within the rules for the collab, or would like an exception made, or anything like that, just ask and we’ll can see if we can work something out.

Q: My friend and I are both submitting images, can our characters be placed next to each other?  
    A: If you want your character to be placed next to other characters in the collab, just make a post in this thread requesting so, and include links to all pictures. Note that if you do not post the request specifically in this thread (and instead post it in the image description or a comment on the image), it may be missed.

Q: If I submit an image of my OC, is it guaranteed to get included in the image?  
    A: We will try to include as many submissions as possible. However, some submissions may be rejected, including ones that:  
    → Are particularly low quality  
    → Appear to be made as a trolling attempt  
    → Are overly obtrusive (large accessories, action poses that take up a ton of room, etc)  
    → Are made using Pony Creator or any other form of image generator  
    → Appear too far removed from the MLP universe (Dinosaur OCs, etc)

Q: Badges?  
    A: Of course! Just like last year, badges will be awarded for participating in the community collab! There will be one badge for everyone who’s OC was submitted to/appeared in the collab, and another for artists who drew OCs for others so that their OC could appear in the image. I have no idea what they will be yet, and probably won’t know until after the collab is finished, so it’ll be a surprise for everyone!

Q: When will the group photo be posted?  
    A: We’re not going to make the mistake of saying “it’ll be posted on (date)” and then miss that deadline by over three weeks months (again). It most likely will be posted around the end of January or beginning of February, but we cannot give a specific date. Just pay attention to this thread (or follow @derpibooru on Twitter) for updates.

Q: I’m not an active member on Derpibooru, can I still participate?  
    A: Of course! This event is open to the entire MLP community, regardless of how active you are on Derpibooru, or in general. You don’t even need to have an account on this site to participate.

Q: Do submissions have to be vectors?  
    A: Not at all! Any form of 2D visual art is welcome, including vectors, digital drawings, and traditional drawings!

Q: I have another question!  
    A: Just ask! Preferably in this thread instead of PM.

Q: Dancing time?  
    A: Sure  

full
Background Pony #0F4C
Hope a lot of artists are still here to participate after the controversy from a few months ago
Luna
Luna - For Patreon supporters
Woona - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Luna Best Pony~
@Background Pony #0F4C  
I personally doubt that too many artists who were interested in the community collab left. But I’m not gonna lie, I’m interested to see how this year pans out and what the scale will be this time, as it is a mystery to me as much as it is to everyone else.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
damn that quick already?

Also, a question about it.

If one of the pics uploaded is a collab (eg one artist does the lineart for it and another artist colors it in), and the pic involves someone else’s oc (like the artists oc and their friends oc), would both artists get the badge for drawing someone else’s oc?
40kponyguy
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

AimingToPlease,OftenMiss
Time to break out the drawing stuff again…..

And place a request for a couple of background removals, as I only ever draw traditional.  
I have my own OC, Clarise, and my daughter’s OC as well. I’ll draw them together again.

Might draw the famous /mlp/ 4chan OC Safe Haven again this year too, as I wouldn’t want her to miss the party.  
(If that’s okay? I drew a few famous ones for last year’s collab).

Once those are done, I shall be free to help others who don’t have the time to draw their own OCs for this collab.

Might add a couple of other famous faces we can look for in the crowd.  
(PLEASE PUT A WALDO PONY IN THIS YEAR SOMEPONY!)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Time for a new one