2020 Derpibooru Community Collab

wenni
HARD WERK - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art and really hates Applejack
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Pit Lord
I guess this means we’ve been provided an example of how anthro an image can be while still being viable for the collab.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@wenni  
There is an alternative.

We can give it the honor of being the one that slipped through.

Either way it’s not worth losing sleep on over.
Joey
Dawnsong - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
It may be worth noting that Digiqrow did ask me in a previous collab if his style was ok and I said it was. It’s not like he just silently submitted this and tried to sneak past. Yeah, his style has gotten “fluffier”, but I don’t feel it’s anthro either.

@Exhumed Legume  
>Muh Word of God  
you spelt that word backwards
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Ninji  
It didn’t slip through. I assemble the entire collab by hand, so I look at every single image that goes into it. I saw the image and thought “this looks fine”. If I had an issue I would’ve messaged the artist and asked him to change something, but I didn’t see any need to do so for that particular submission.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Joey  
Cool.

May we let that be the end of that.

I guess that makes Wennis suggestion viable if all is fair in this world.
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Pizzamovies  
Again the artist asked previously and I said it was alright. Doing something because you asked permission and got approval is going to get a far better response from me than doing something to prove a point.

@Exhumed Legume  
Yes
Pizzamovies
Pizzamovies - Derpi Supporter
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Burger Rebellion
@Joey  
I don’t know why I would have to ask at all. If Artist A and Artist B both draw the same thing, and one gets accepted but the other doesn’t, I hope there’s a good reason
saby
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Corvidae  
@Joey

Just because you intended it to only be chest fluff doesn’t mean we aren’t seeing a breast cleavage (along with the fluff), protrusions of volume towards the sides, center, down, and forward forming rounded breast-like shapes (as evidenced by the drape of the blouses), and even a slip of a bra cup.

What other images have in them doesn’t change the content of this one. This should be tagged on its own contents only. If you want to not have chest breasts on your figures you intend to be semi-anthro (i.e. bipedal ponies with human-ish shoulders and human posing), then you ought to fix your drawing to reflect that, and upload a new version to be merged over the original version so you can have the tags you prefer.
Bigshot232
Blue Skies - For Patreon supporters
When you Ponk - Derpi Supporter
Element of Generosity - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Economist -
Silver Bit -
Heart Gem -

Mr. Works'alot
@Pizzamovies  
It pays to be polite and to give as much fore warning as possible (within reason of course. The topic at hand needs to be current).

That being said, it’s also down to how much the artist leans into a style. Artist A and B might have similar styles, but where artist A treds a fine line, artist B might ever so slightly over step and be disqualified.

The take away from this, is if unsure then ask some one. And if it’s too in the grey area, show it to joey and explain it. Worst case he says no, but joey will tell you why he said it and maybe even how to fix it so its usable. 👍
Joey
Non-Fungible Trixie -

PM me your cute OCs
@Pizzamovies  
I’m quite flexible with what is isn’t allowed, but there are limits for quality/consistency reasons. I felt Digiqrow style was fine, so I accepted the image. Doesn’t mean that every similar image would be fine too.

If you wanna draw something like that, all you have to do is ask and you’ll be given fair consideration. Almost every rule has some degree of flexibility. It’s not in my interest (or anyone’s interest, really) to exclude someone because their preferred style deviates from the standard, so I’m always happy to work with people to ensure as many are included as possible.

This really isn’t any different than flying characters - anyone wanting to draw a character flying in the air has to get an ok from me first. Anyone who drew a flying oc without getting an ok first had their submission pushed down into the main group.
saby
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Pizzamovies  
Or you could not assume favoritism.

For the part that really matters for the mega collab (faces) this picture is fairly ponylike. There are plenty of pony-bodyplan characters in the collab that have more human-ish faces and they weren’t rejected either. I personally have no qualms about Joey’s call here, in the end it’s his project and I’d rather see it continue on the principle of inclusivity.

All I’m concerned about is having a tagging system that serves finding (or filtering) content for site users, not expressing how artists/uploaders wish the images to be seen as. That’s what image descriptions are for.
Pizzamovies
Pizzamovies - Derpi Supporter
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Burger Rebellion
@saby  
I always try to give mods the benefit of of the doubt but it’s hard not to assume favoritism when it’s one person making the decisions
Digiqrow
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

On Ponybooru
This literally wasn’t an issue in my past two submissions for the collab. I’m not sure what the need for the stink is. I tagged it adequately, while some user decided to modify it for whatever reason and thus causing the fuss.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Corvidae  
For the Nth time, that entry wasn’t what caused the “anthro” tag to end up on the collab. It was only picked up because someone cross searched “anthro” and the collab 2020 entries and it happened to be the only match at the time. Had they checked the tag history on the entry they’d noticed I’d only tagged it “anthro” long after the collab was posted.

Therefore the tag ended up on the collab from some other entry. Since the entry isn’t tagged so any longer (because it no longer shows up in the cross search) we can assume it was added due to inexperience with the DB tagging ways, or as some sort of brainfart or misclick, and got removed soon afterwards, just not in time to catch it before Joey’s process copied it onto the collab.
Digiqrow
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

On Ponybooru
@saby  
Perhaps it was some script. Nonetheless, rather annoying because people don’t seem to understand what semi anthro is. Ah well though.

@Pizzamovies  
Y’know, your certainly a master class debater with that argument.

Disregarding my obviously sarcasm, it’s bloody chest fluff.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Move to 2021 https://derpibooru.org/forums/art/topics/2021-derpibooru-community-collab